Windows is very laggy

Windows is very laggy

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Windows is very laggy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Antonio Napoletano
    Participant

Hello everyone, i’ve noticed that Windows is very laggy. Maximizing windows animation is very laggy and slow, also multitasking. Is it normal?

TWICE
    Participant

I guess it’s pretty normal with these atom tablets. Sometimes my Edge shows “not responding” but recovers after a few seconds. Little bit irritating, but nothing much we can do other than disabling all the power saving features lol.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

No. It is totally not normal. Funny, I was about to ask here too if someone has a solution for this, glad to see I am not the only one. My iwork10 shows the same lags of the Windows 10 animations:

– moving the icons up and down in the tablet mode in the start menu is a bit laggy, mostly not noticle to most people
    – opening an app, for eample Edge, the switch animation is totally frozen for a few frames at the end
    – switching windows is laggy and has a few frozen frames during the animation
    – and so on

Here’s why it’s definitely not normal:

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, it has an Atom Z3740 BayTrail. CPU power is nearly the same of Z3740 and x8300, but GPU of the x8300 is stronger. So they should behave the same mostly. But on the Dell, the animations are silky smooth. It’s as fast as on my desktop or as on my ultrabook. You can swipe around it’s always 60fps, switch windows always 60fps, open apps always 60fps.

You may can say, maybe it’s because the venue has 720p screen resolution? Nope. I have another BayTrail tablet, a low budged one you may call a “Chinese tablet”. It has also an Z3740. And it shows the same lagging and freezing of the Windows 10 animations. Drivers are all up to date of course, both have newest Intel HD graphics drivers.

So it’s a total mystery to me, how this problem is related and what triggers it. It seems to be a driver issue of some kind I guess, maybe related to some driver causing high latency, you can test it with this tool:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

I would love to find out someday, whats the reason behind this problem and find a fix. Here’s a “workaround” though for you:

Go into system settings and deactivate the windows animations, it’s a bit more “ugly” now, but the lagging animations are now gone and it feels faster that way.

View post on imgur.com

BBaker
    Participant

I have a Lenovo notebook with AMD quad-core 2GHz processor (with a decent integrated Radeon R4 graphics) and 8MB RAM and I find the Windows 10 GUI to be noticeably slower compared to Linux Mint 18 (Cinnamon or Mate).  Especially over time as Windows always seems to get slower and slower over time.
    For 2 years now I use mostly Linux in dual-boot mode and almost never boot into Windows.

Siu Lay
    Participant

Don’t think is a Windows 10 problem. IMHO, it because they cut cost in the newer batch.  They now use a 1066 DDR3 which is MUCH slower compared to 1600 DDR3 . To top it off they switch to  Hynix eMMC. Hynix eMMC is cheap but VERY VERY slow.   So both RAM and Storage are like 50-60% slower than what windows 10 call for.  It is not that bad for Linux because it was designed to run in 2G or less.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Yes it has to do with the RAM and some other things too, but the 1066MHz setting is a big performance issue. The sad thing is mine wont work with 1600MHz I get bluescreens and it always freezes both in ANdroid and Windows in standby after 1-2 minutes. I guess they bought cheap RAM which isn’t 1600MHz compatible. Which is a total disgusting thing by Cube. Don’t buy the C-Version! Please write bad review and give 1 star if you bought it at Gearbest.

Bugi
    Participant

So, if i understand, the Rev.1 have 4Go RAM, DDR3L, 1600MHz, when the Rev.2 have 4Go RAM DDR3, 1066MHz ?

+ The Hynix eMMC instead of the Samsung in the Rev.1

If i’m great, the rev.2 is shit compared to the rev.1 ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar