X80 poor wifi

X80 poor wifi

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 poor wifi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Just got the X80 Pro but I was shocked about the poor wifi performance. Does anyone have the optimum Windows settings that will get the max out of the Realtek RTL8723BS wifi adapter?

amacar
    Participant

What about android? Becausr mine device is working very slow few meters from router eventhough wifi signal is about half or even more full.

Tim
    Participant

Good one! Under Android it’s way better so it must be Windows related. Got full bars under both systems but under Windows I got 2 Mbs max and Android speedtests showed 15 Mbs.

luc
    Participant

Hello. I have problem with my wifi too. 3 metres from router i cant get a full reception. Speed of wifi is quiet good in that distance but sometimes ping is getting huge. I’ ve found a little tip which can help us to solve this problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/teclast-x80h-wifi-fix-t3031975

I had opened my device and it seems to have similar problem with soldering. Maybe ill try to resolder my antenna soon. Photo of my device is attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim
    Participant

Not sure it’s a hardware problem in my case since under Android it’s working fine. So my guess it has to so something with the settings under Windows. What is your throughput under Android?

luc
    Participant

I am mostly using android . today i resoldered wifi cable 3 times ,every time i shorted the ground ( my soldering skills and solder gun are not the best). I have ordered a wifi antenna from galaxy s3 and try to install it somewhere inside. I’ll post the results.

John
    Participant

Hi Luc, please keep us posted as I have read some people having success with the crappy realtec wireless by replacing the antenna with a more premium one on other devices.

Really interested to hear how it goes, sorry about your soldering adventures.

luc
    Participant

After 3 failures with soldering (antena shorted with ground) i desoldered antenna cable. I discovered that antenna itself is shorted. I checked in another cheap tablet that was in my drawer and it was the same – hot and ground soldering fields on the antenna was shorted ass well. I dont know what to think about it. Maybe it suppose to be like that or maybe those cheap ,sticker like antennas are faulty . im still waiting for s3 antenna. When it comes ill do a test and post results.

amacar
    Participant

Do you have any video how to open this tablet? Because I need to change my broken touch screen. I rage quit, because of bad wifi (video below) 😀
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBw9fJl12I

Edit: Nevermind I managed to open backplate.

luc
    Participant

Hehe, man dont hurt yourself. Your wifi really sucks. How far was it from router? Drink piwo 🙂

Tim
    Participant

Do you have any video how to open this tablet? Because I need to change my broken touch screen. I rage quit, because of bad wifi (video below) ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBw9fJl12I Edit: Nevermind I managed to open backplate.

Haha that’s how I broke my Chuwi Hi8!

Which reminds me: would it be possible to replace the wifi card in the Teclast by the wifi from the Chuwi? It was so much better.

amacar
    Participant

Hehe, man dont hurt yourself. Your wifi really sucks. How far was it from router? Drink piwo ?

I was actually recording video for banggood to get at least few bucks as refund for bad wifi, then this happened 😀

This wasn’t so far from router, about 4-5 meters, but one wall and ceiling. Other devices (even other chinese tablets), manage to get full speed (10mbit).
    Drinking pivo (beer) is not a bad idea, to at least calm down a little 😀

luc
    Participant

Ok. Here are results of my test. On stock antenna i have about 64db signal. Next i soldered the galaxy s3 antenna which wasnt shorted (stock Teclast is shorted). The results on samsung antena was really poor. Weak signal and poor speed. So oveall i returned to stock setup. My conclusion is that nothing can be done to improve wireless on this tablet. I think im gonna sell it and save more money for some decent device like Mipad.  Im fed up with shiity devices. I had two chuwi vi10 pro all with issues. Now this Teclast is a failure in wireless.

Tim
    Participant

That’s why I’m convinced it’s some settings or bios related issue. Many laptops and tablets have the same Realtek card without these problems.

Hannes
    Participant

Is the bad wifi through the whole X80 series or are there some models with better Wifi for example the X80 Power

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar