X80 poor wifi

X80 poor wifi

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 poor wifi

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    gish
    Participant

Does anyone have tested different drivers or something?

I actually like this tablet but the wifi … thats such a nogo.

Maybe a little advice for the reviewer … just dont say the wifi is not that good … say how horrible it is.

hhtouch
    Participant

X80 Power wifi is even worse cause of the metal back. Wifi reception drops already 1m far away from router; in room next to router or 4m distance completely unusable.

galih wicaksono
    Participant

Hey all,

Does the prolem wifi on x80 series just on windows or android have same problem to?

I was interested with this tablet (x80 power), but i read in this forum or other site many users complain about poor wifi signal.

If wifi signal poor, are x80 series can use usb wifi with usb otg cable to solve poor wifi signal problem?

*sory for my bad english

hhtouch
    Participant

X80 wifi reception is bad on Windows as well as Android – these are hardware related design (antenna, case) issues. You can use USB OTG wifi on Windows, but it won’t work on Android.

Tim
    Participant

This tablet is totally useless because of the poor wifi, just can’t believe it had good reviews here and elsewhere. Don’t buy it if you care about your health 😉

This is the result of throwing it to the wall out of frustration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    amacar
    Participant

I feel you 🙁

This should be mentioned in reviews that wifi is shit and tablet is useless if you are not in the same room as router.

hhtouch
    Participant

The sad thing is, the the components are all of decent quality. It’s just the last bit of engineering and testing that is missing. Maybe they don’t care about these things.

Tim
    Participant

Just received a dead Chuwi X80 Pro that was meant to replace the terrible Teclast. I have no luck with Chinese tablets 🙁

Miran Genda
    Participant

Hi.  I could really use some help with my x80 plus  dual boot.

I to have wifi problems, but mine is, that the tablet does not recognize any network adapter anymore. Its the same on both OS, and i already tried reinstalling the drivers, but when i go “troubleshooting” the results are:   Problems found – Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter.

Any idea what to do.   Till now i was quite happy, with my tablet, and the reception on mine was ok, basically the same as on my phone.

Peter
    Participant

Hey,  just wanted to share that replacing the antenna can work really well.
    I used one from an old notebook and placed it next to the speaker.

Signal is now comparable to my moto g, little worse but definitely usable all over the house.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Richard
    Participant

@Peter Any tips for getting the case off the tablet? Is it it just the metal case that fits snug into the plastic, or is the plastic part of the case to remove? Where is the best place on the tablet to start with removing?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Peter
    Participant

I own the plastic version (x80 pro) which is really simple to open. Just use a small plastic piece (guitar pick etc) and insert it at the center of a long tablet side.
    For the plastic x80 the tool should be pushed down right from the top. I also own a tbook 10 with a metal back cover where it needs to be inserted from the side, because the top overlaps the metal back.
    Next just move the tool along the edge, done!

I really like that Teclast uses rounded plastic clips, as they don’t get damaged easily during disassembly.
    I’ve removed the cover about three time and it does not show any signs of wear.

Hope that helps

Edit: looking at the x80 power, it should be the same like the pro, so the tool needs to be inserted between the metal and plastic

amacar
    Participant

@peter Any tips for getting the case off the tablet? Is it it just the metal case that fits snug into the plastic, or is the plastic part of the case to remove? Where is the best place on the tablet to start with removing? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

It is very easy to open x80 pro.
    My video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoqTGQYRPI

Richard
    Participant

Thanks both for the responses. Went for the corner first as the metal is very tight but then using a plastic card was a good tip. Thanks!

galih wicaksono
    Participant

Thanks both for the responses. Went for the corner first as the metal is very tight but then using a plastic card was a good tip. Thanks!

Hi richard

Have you success to open x80 power back case?

Can you give picture for step by step open x80 power case?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar