X80 Pro, uninstalling windows and going android-only

X80 Pro, uninstalling windows and going android-only

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Pro, uninstalling windows and going android-only

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

Planning to buy one, can I do that? also how good is teclast android OTA support? are you guys getting updated often?

Bellerophon
    Participant

I havent done it, but if you were to do something like that, you may have to use gpart to get rid of the partitions.

No OTA android updates so far. With these types of Chinese tablets, OTA updates are rare unless a third party makes their own.

Windows 10 on the other hand gets updated often because MS controls the updates and push them out to the OS often.

Rhymez
    Participant

I havent done it, but if you were to do something like that, you may have to use gpart to get rid of the partitions.

Do you know if there are some easy instructions? Im planning on buying this tablet for my mom, she downloads a lot of apps and pictures so she really need the full storage, windows 10 takes a lot of it.

John Davis
    Participant

Same here–I’d like to make it android only…

Bellerophon
    Participant

I found this video that shows how to do it easily https://youtu.be/sNLPm0EQqA0

Rhymez
    Participant

I found this video that shows how to do it easily https://youtu.be/sNLPm0EQqA0

that is windows only…not android…..

George Anas
    Participant

I am also interested for the exact same reason as Ryhmez.

Does anyone have instructions for turnng the tablet only in Android with the full 32GB drive usable?

Edit:

After a small search I have found this discussion in an Onda forum. There are some steps one could follow, but the main issue is how to make the Android see the whole drive space since it is hard coded in the Rom.

http://www.ondaforum.com/topic/3713-how-to-install-only-android-on-a-dual-boot-v919-3g-air/?page=2

If there someone adventurous enough, you can try it.

I just want to buy the tablet and be able to do it but I am afraid I might brick it and I do not have enough knowledge to recover it from there.

mierdatutis mi
    Participant

Someone find some solution?  I would like buy these device but I only want Android

Thanks

amacar
    Participant

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Just don’t buy this shitty tablet. Wifi is unusable few meters from router.</span>

mierdatutis mi
    Participant

Well and which model suggest me?

amacar
    Participant

I can’t suggest you, because I am done with chinese tablets. They may be cheap but usually they have a lot of flaws.

George Anas
    Participant

Atleast I, eventually bought the iWork 8 for my father and I didn’t bother much with Windows. It has a usable partition for the Android about 7GB of free space  (pretty unusable the windows parrtition, less than 4GB free after only the updates). Android partition is good enough for him, plus a micro sd for anything else he want to store inside.

Mainly because I read about the X80 PRO problems didn’t bought it, the iWork 8 is very much the same but with a little smaller battery and with no other issues. When I set it up for my father (a week ago) didn’t notice any issues with wifi or anything else.

Hope I helped a little bit

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar