X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

• This topic has 193 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Gal
    Participant

Dariusz,
    Android:   Just root it and get rid of all that crapware.  Very simple process.
    Windows:  My reset failed the first time,  then I created a bootable Win10 installation, boot from USB and then I tried to repair windows installation instead of installing a clean installation.  It worked.  When it was done I created a bootable USB with the NOV update ISO (using Microsoft automated creator), then I upgraded from the USB (not enough storage to do it from Windows updates).  When it was finished I reset Win10.  This time it worked fine.
    When you’re done you’ll need to fix the touch not working after sleep (just replace a file in INF folder..very simple).

anhaltmike
    Participant

For me, the situation itself. But I have only w10 reset. Deleting the TPM course it took longer. The SD card problem is not yet solved, right? Greeting sustained mike

Gal
    Participant

Solved only on A5C8 as far as I know.

Dariusz
    Participant

@Gal

thank you again for support. luckily windows works good, it went back to re-installation and works, I have also done all updates, now just need to clean disc from windows.old folder and job done 🙂

thanks

Gal
    Participant

You can do it with windows. Just type “storage” in windows search .

Gal
    Participant

Look for this screen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dariusz
    Participant

thanks, actually I have used clean disc option, but I really appreciate 🙂

Echo
    Participant

Hi Max, thank you so much for your detailed share.

I have a question, how I can “Extract your Windows 10 key from the Bios using the utility in the downloads section.” ? Can you please give me instructions about it ? Appreciate it a lot.

Echo

james
    Participant

If anyone does a complete re-install of Windows, I have found,with mine anyway, that the official X98 plus drivers are not properly compatible, touch screen and auto rotate are both inverted. I fixed the problem by using the Windows 10 driver package(Linked here ) for the X98 Pro, all seem to be completely compatible , and alot easier to install

Dariusz
    Participant

@Echo , hi, just run that software and it will generate a note file with written key in the folder where you have it.

Guys what is the best software or windows utility to create bootable USB of my tablet system (best would be for both windows and android in one)?

james
    Participant

Guys what is the best software or windows utility to create bootable USB of my tablet system (best would be for both windows and android in one)?

If you wanted to reinstall everything you have to reinstall the official firmware, which is tricky to say the least,  but if your happy with just Window  use this : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

And choose the other PC (USB) option, then you just install it as you would on your PC, I personally had to completely delete every partition until I was left with one 58gb unallocated  partition, It was then just as easy as installing onto a desktop PC. The drivers were a bit more difficult though, The touch screen was inverted and the rotation back to front, after alot of trial and error I found using the X98 Pro drivers  was the only way to get the tablet working, I just used the installer that came with and installed everything and they were all compatible, But you must make sure you copy  the touchsetting_GT file from the X98 Plus drivers to the INF folder ,, if you use the  X98 Pro touchsetting_GT file the touchscreen will be a  bit out of sync

Dariusz
    Participant

thx @james

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Solved only on A5C8 as far as I know.

Not solved for everyone

For me nothing changed..

My 128gb Kingston was working like fews days when I got the tablet, then suddenly not anymore, on Android card is working but after a sleep mode card is missing ..

Henny Archer
    Participant

Hi guys,

I had been having some problems with my x98 plus, so that after trying to reset it via Win10, it freezed everytime it started so I had to delete everything.

I managed to get Android back on it, but I would like to have Win10 on it, too.

Are there any instructions, that aren’t in Chinese, on how I can do it?

Thanks for your help.

Adisak
    Participant

Warning this fix may severely lower your read/write speeds of SD cards. However will enable all cards to work. [code] I’ve noticed more people having issues with SDXC cards so a more detailed guide on how I fixed this for you, if you could link this in the OP? Step 1: download this driver and extract it to wherever you like: http://www.driversfordownload.com/microsoft-drivers-for-download/sdbus.inf_amd64_509acf961ce0c619.zip-driver-file-download-57048 (also attached to post) Step 2: disable Driver Signature feature of Windows- http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/ The guide says press F7, but it was just number 7 for me. I forget if I used the bluetooth keyboard, or if touchscreen works in that menu. But I definitely didn’t have to plugin my normal keyboard. Step 3: Open Device Manager, this can be found in settings or just type Device Manager in the start menu. Now you want to replace all 3 drivers, 1 at a time. <noscript></noscript>Click the second option. <noscript></noscript>Click browse and point to where you’ve extracted the driver to. Click next, let it install. Do the same for the other 2 SD Host Controllers – For the second two you can click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”, since you’ve already installed the driver. You will see this screen: <noscript></noscript>Restart your tablet and you should be able to use any microSD card formatted with whatever file system you care for. <noscript></noscript>Disclaimer: You can it seems damage microSD cards. I fragged a 32gb and 64gb card somehow while trying to get them working on the x98 plus. I’ve not fragged any since updating the drivers though. As always don’t blame me if you burn your house down etc. [/code]

Not working for me. T_T

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar