Your experience with the keyboard

Your experience with the keyboard

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Your experience with the keyboard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Frank M
    Participant

Hey guys I’d like to hear your experience with the Hi12 keyboard.

I just ordered the tablet from gearbest for $199 which I think it’s a good deal. However, the keyboard costs additional $40 which I think it’s a bit expensive considering it’s “average at best”. Also, it adds significant bulk to the tablet. I’m thinking about getting one of those inexpensive tablet stand from amazon and using the on-screen keyboard whenever I need to. I will mostly use the tablet for web browsing and media consumption. So there should not be too much typing. For those of you who own both the tablet and keyboard, what’s your opinion? Do you think it’s worth it? thanks in advance.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I would tend to agree. I have a few issues with my keyboard. Tablet sometimes looses contact with Pogo pins when I adjust angle meaning I have to take it off and on to get mouse cursor back. Also the space bar key is starting to stick a bit. It does make a stable base to put tablet on when closed though, the tablet on it’s own is a bit slippery.

Chris G
    Keymaster

The keyboard is quite poor in quality, Already had a few screws come out and I doubt it will stand the test of time. But for now I’m using it and can still type fine on it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Richard Russell
    Participant

unless you absolutely have to have a clamshell laptop for some reason, just don’t do it.

Here are a couple much better keyboards

Logitech K480 $30

Logitech K830 $60

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Frank M
    Participant

Thank you so much for all your replies. I think I’ll pass the original keyboard. I’ll probably get one of those logitech keyboard. The one with touchpad seems very interesting.

Justinkeyback
    Participant

For what it is worth, I didn’t like the official keyboard as well. So I bought on Aliexpress a handsome flat wireless keyboard with numpad and flat mouse and protective layer together for €10! I suppose it will be welcome as I use my Samsung Tab pro 8.4 almost always only in portrait mode, which I like to continue when my Chuwi has arrived, so a docking station is simply useless to me.

Marc
    Participant

If they make a version of the keyboard with an extra battery incorporated, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat. Even with the now known quality issues.

Then the Chuwi will become a true travelling companion and tablet/laptop replacement for regular office work on the road with its 12″ 3:2 screen:

• Extended battery life (duh)
    • Better stability (and wider angle for the screen) because of better weight balance keyboard/tablet
    • Being able to use it well on your lap, something that isn’t possible with a separate keyboard
    • Clamshell design is an effective way to protect your screen while carrying it

The only downside would be a larger overall weight, which I would accept wholeheartedly

Justinkeyback
    Participant

Good points. Still, I use my tablet, and in a few days my much promising ‘chewbacca’ (remember Starwars?) on the dining table in a stand, in portrait mode. In hotels I use my tablet for watching Netflix or do some reading, a little research, never much typing.

But then, if I have to type I cannot do without a numpad. And during a long flight, I prefer my tablet over a laptop. Sooo cramped up. In that position, with the tablet secured on the tray of the seat before me, a separate keyboard on my lap could be alright, if I had one with me …

But I guess everyone finds his or hers best way of dealing with this matter.

Frank M
    Participant

The official keyboard is pretty heavy for what it is right now. They have to put some counter weight to stable the tablet. Too bad they didn’t simply add some li-ion batteries as counter weight which wouldn’t add too much additional cost.

Frank M
    Participant

I ordered one of these universal kickstand from amazon. The good thing is it allows both portrait and landscape mode. and it simply folds back when not in use.
    https://amzn.com/B00VRA1D76

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar