Here’s the Cube i9 Video Review. It has just been posted up on the YouTube channel, I’ll also be giving the model a full written review which is currently being worked on now. That should be posted soon, but for now here’s a summary of it all in the below video.
After using the tablet now for more than a week as my sole work tablet, I can recommend this one. While it does have some cons overall it’s a great tablet and the closest one yet to a Surface Pro 4 M3. It’s handled everything I’ve throw at it well, including some 1080 video editing in PowerDirector 14 (Only light work) Also, be aware that the first batch of units has problems reading MicroSD cards larger than 32GB. However, the newer models should be able to read them just fine as when I recovered my i9 with a newer bios my unit now reads my larger cards without issues.
If you are looking to get one, make sure you watch the video review here, which should at least, give you a general overall impression of the unit. Make sure you see the end with the Pros and Cons.
- Great design and good build quality
- Excelent keyboard and very decent trackpad.
- Practical two-position kickstand.
- Type-C Port can be used to charge the tablet, with USB 3 ports and display out. (You’ll need a USB Type C dock for that)
- Great performance, even if it’s limited somewhat with power limits & thermals
- No thermal throttling
- SSD is a M.2 2242 unit and be replaced and upgraded.
- MicroSD card slot problems
- Thermals could be improved. When gaming reaches 88 degrees max
- But, it can be modified to lower thermals upto (20 degrees max temps) and if power limits are increased, can perform better than a Surface Pro 4 M3