My first Chinese laptop for review, the Jumper EZBook 2 from Jumper. I’ve had a few people asking me to review the Pipo W9S laptop, but I was put off it with its 1366 x 768 TN Panel. This one at least has a 1920 x 1080 IPS screen. This one is $189 for GearBest. Unboxing and first impressions below:
02:28 – Weight and thickness
03:32 – Ports and walkaround
06:09 – Will a 128GB MicroSD work?
07:04 – Trackpad and gestures
08:33 – Speaker test
09:20 – Windows, activation, and system info
10:20 – Screen
11:20 – Will it power a 2.5″ HDD?
12:25 – First impressions of the EZBook 2
- It’s boxed up well to prevent damage.
- Screen is actually quite good, an anti-glare panel but much better than I expected
- Totally plastic apart from the top lid which is alloy.
- The hinge feels good and it closes down even
- Build seems okay even if it’s mostly plastic.
- NCard (BWIN) 64GB eMMC. Will be benchmarked soon. Froexperiencece, they are okay but have slow write speeds
- Broadcom Wireless N and BT 4.0
- 42GB free space.
- Windows 10 Home 64bit, activated without any issues
- Booted up nice and quick (See video)
- Feels fast enough
- No bloatware
- Touchpad is large and seems usable.
- Same issue is the EZPad 5S I reviewed, USB ports don’t output enough power to run 2.5″ HDD’s. Not good!
Jumper EZBook 2 photos:
Of course, early days for the EZBook. I will test out thermals in the review, run some benchmarks, check the battery is the claimed 10,000 mAh and just how long it will last.