Chuwi Hi13 Battery life thread. Post your battery life!

Chuwi Hi13 Battery life thread. Post your battery life!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum Chuwi Hi13 Battery life thread. Post your battery life!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi guys, I thought it would be a good idea to have a post on Hi13 battery life to see if we all have similar battery life or not.

So far I get around or close to 7 hours mixed internet use with Edge, YouTube and some Chrome. 100% to 5% battery @ 40% screen brightness. Last night with 25% brightness watching TV series in the default Windows store application I lost 9% battery for 1 hours video watching, that isn’t bad at all as good as the Chuwi Hi12!

This is all with balanced power mode, have yet to try power saving mode. Auto brightness off.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Daniel J.
    Participant

*looks at battery charge info*  Well, mine currently says about 16 hours left on battery!   ;-P

On a more serious note….you should prabably also ask people to add what powersaving profile/settings they are using in windows, as this will influence the battery time too! And if they have the keyboard attached, as I imagine this will suck a little “juice” too!   😉

Ps: I only have the tablet as Gearbest received the accessories later, and is shipping them(keyboard and stylus pen) separatedly in a package each.

Obinna
    Participant

So far I was able to push out around 10 hours on watching movies all night and web browsing. 0% percent brightness. I still had some left. ( Was to tired to watch more xD)

Update:

I wanted to see if I could get through a full day with this tablet. I woke up by 10AM, tablet fully charged.

I used it more than on a usual day. playing some games (about 30 minutes), watching lot of YouTube and listening to a lot of music through Bluetooth. I was out of the house from 1PM till 2.30PM and the time I was home I was doing the things I said. Battery life lasted until 9PM (5% left)

SO The screen on time I had was around 7/8 hours. This was with auto brightness turned on

Which for me is pretty good.

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition (~.~)

Chris G
    Keymaster

That’s some good battery life there was it with or without the keyboard?  My review test was with the keyboard dock. But my 10 hours time is without the keyboard using it as only a tablet.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Obinna
    Participant

The MovieNight was without dock, and the day test was with

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition (~.~)

Mel Apotam
    Participant

Hi everyone! Does Hi13’s battery charge while you’re using it (just light using: web browsing, music)?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes it charges when in use.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to run the battery down completely a few times, but it switches off at 5% – can I make it actually die? and is that helpful for setting up the battery for life?

Another question – (apologies if it should be a separate thread) How many units does a manufacturer need to sell for it to be profitable?

Getting 6-7 hours -seems good to me – standard settings and a bit of browsing only so far. 3.5 hours to recharge.

Daniel
    Participant

Getting 6-7 hours,

while I try to do some numerical simulation, 3% in 5 minutes.

2.5 hours for computation.

Mele
    Participant

I’m getting about 4-5 hrs. Mainly so far it has been only Web browsing.

This is without keyboard unit as it has not yet come.

I’m little bit dissappointed,  but unit doest seem to lose power when sleeping.

Hayley Morris
    Participant

Mele, mine is also getting around the 4 hour mark. I’m in the process of trying to get it fixed. Whilst trying to suss the battery I opened the unit up and cleaved my 200gb micro sd in 2, sad times (always remove your micro sd first 🙁 lesson learned), but I discovered my camera isn’t connected. Something severed the tape that joins it to the motherboard with a really clean slice. So I’m going through the warranty procedure to get that amended but also I am presenting them with the battery data.

I timed 1% under different settings so 3:37 was the base time, 40% brightness, wifi on. Then I timed it again and got 3 minutes. 3 min 23 was without the keyboard. 4m46 was with keyboard but without the brightness on at all and 5m02 with no brightness and wifi. That would push it just up to the 8 hour mark but we can see other people are using it normally and be satisfied.

I also started to think the issue may be my firewall but it isn’t. I know this because I reset the pc, since I want to send it to them anyway, told it to keep my files. It’s currently got no audio and its’ charge is lasting 2m43 per 1% with no programmes running at all.

My suspicion is, since there are 2 5000 kwh batteries inside, one of them is duff which would explain the perfect 4 hours or so it can achieve.

Oh and to anyone having trouble with the supplied charger. Let the wire  sit naturally in your hand and flip it over. It prefers the back of the usb-c to the front. So on the metal of the plug you want the join facing towards you, the other side only gets a charge if the unit is in portrait mode. The back of the wire is also where the serial number is closest.

My device was charging in less than an hour, which was great, but with any other wire it doesn’t get enough charge so I’m still working on finding an alternate way to charge the device, but hey ho, warranty return we go.

I love the machine, but I will mourn my micro sd.

zahid
    Participant

4 to 5 hours with 75% brightness, battery saver on, browsing and writing in office.

Chris G
    Keymaster

4 can’t be right, unless you have 100% brightness or 75% and doing something very intense so that CPU is at 100% all the time. Even then I did a test on my Apollo Lake notebook (EZBook 3 Pro) 75% brightness and playing games still got close to 5 hours. But it’s only a 1080p screen.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

james
    Participant

well my second unit is working just fine , no battery leaks . i get 6-7 hrs general usage with keyboard .  strange thing tho . when i got the first unit i installed battery bar said 37,000mwh . yesterday i noticed it now says  39,094 !! uninstalled  it. fresh reinstall still says 39,094 . anyonelse seen this ?

Stevo
    Participant

Wow! You guys are getting awesome battery times!

Out of the box I was getting max 2-3 hours usage with screen brightness set @50%. Just basic surfing, and streamed some music.

Hopefully that changes after a fresh reload. Definitely seems there was something really really wrong with my intial chuwi tablet setup, right out of the box, hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar