Cube i7 styluzz – wifi error on windows 10

Cube i7 styluzz – wifi error on windows 10

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 styluzz – wifi error on windows 10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    sean
    Participant

anyone know a link to the wifi driver online?

i want to see if i can reinstall it

Kiku
    Participant

Here is the link to the Cube Thread in the XDA Forum…at the end of the first post are links to almost all the needed drivers for both Win 8.1 and 10:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/cube-i7-stylus-t3151563

Hope this helps 🙂

sean
    Participant

I can confirm that the serious issue my particular tablet had with blue screens and crashes has now ended thanks to this method by #victortan001

Small piece of foil over the WiFi antenna  taped down. Didn’t thinknit would work but it has.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keven L
    Participant

I don’t understand how one could thinks that putting foil around something using radio waves is a good idea, unless one wants to deactivate it. Aluminium has an attenuation level of 80 dB i.e, only 10^(-8) energy of the signal goes through.

sean
    Participant

well it works and i haven’t seen a drop or deactivation as you say.

i initially thought it had to be software issue but clearly not.

Andy Riley
    Participant

I don’t understand how one could thinks that putting foil around something using radio waves is a good idea, unless one wants to deactivate it. Aluminium has an attenuation level of 80 dB i.e, only 10^(-8) energy of the signal goes through.

You are only putting it between the SSD and the WiFi antenna to prevent it interfering. You shouldn’t cover the entire antenna.

sean
    Participant

bit of a pain trying to put the casing back on, as the volume rocker and power button are loose  and just sit between the case and device.

thought i broke something as it fell out upon taking the case off at first.

keyboard connection is sensitive too.

so easy to break something opening it.

ill do it agan next week when my new ssd arrives .

mrobi
    Participant

If the backside is metal, radio waves couldn’t go trough it anyways?

Craig
    Participant

Surely all Cube stylus i7’s would exhibit the same instability problem if it was due to a hardware problem between the wifi antenna and ssd. I think the more likely explanation for the problem resolving is simply that something has been disturbed upon opening up and putting the tablet back together. I don’t think a small piece of foil would do a lot with respect to shielding the wifi antenna from the ssd.

Eric George Benton
    Participant

was there a solution for the WiFi problem?

fewt
    Participant

Which problem are you having with it?  Seems like there are quite a few different WIFI problems.  The only one I’ve seen personally is that you have to turn it off and on again to use it.  I wrote a script to take care of that in macOS, but someone could probably do the same for Windows 10.

Eric George Benton
    Participant

I have the same, no network after win 10 update. I had to buy a USB wireless adapter to get online. Any solution?

fewt
    Participant

I have the same, no network after win 10 update. I had to buy a USB wireless adapter to get online. Any solution?

Does the driver show up in Device Manager at all?  If it does, try disabling and re-enabling it?  Are you using the Windows 10 native driver, or the driver from one of the device packs floating around the internet?

Eric George Benton
    Participant

I have tried updating all the drivers for the items in  the Network Adapters, 2 Bluetooth and all the different WAN Miniports (8) and uninstalling them all then restarting but nothing is working since the Windows 10 automatic update.

Eric George Benton
    Participant

No auto rotate for screen but I can live without that.  I did a clean install of Windows 10 which cured the network problem but I still have the auto rotate not working, it is upside down when not locked.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar