EZBook 2 Won't Power On (Solved)

EZBook 2 Won't Power On (Solved)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 2 Won't Power On (Solved)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mark Williams
    Participant

So I just received this today (7/15), plugged it in and turned it on. It came and I played with for some time, updated Windows. Closed the book and took off the plastic covering on the outside. Now I can’t get it to come back on.

anyone have any thoughts? Do I need to let it charge for a long period of time maybe?

implode
    Participant

Same problem here. After changing BIOS(UEFI) settings it didn’t boot. Now it’s bricked.

Chris G
    Keymaster

What did you change?? You shouldn’t mess around with the bios settings ever as any changes can result in a brick. You will have to flash the bios with a USB flasher and clip. But I don’t have a bios dump of this model.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

So I just received this today (7/15), plugged it in and turned it on. It came and I played with for some time, updated Windows. Closed the book and took off the plastic covering on the outside. Now I can’t get it to come back on. anyone have any thoughts? Do I need to let it charge for a long period of time maybe?

Try holding the power button down 14 seconds and then charging it for a good 6 hours. Then press the power button 4-5 seconds a blue status led should flash (1-2 of the 3 status LEDs on the right) and then the Jumper Logo if you’re lucky will appear, if not get in touch with your seller for a refund.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Mark Williams
    Participant

Wow… That worked Chris! What do you think happened and why did that work?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Wow… That worked Chris! What do you think happened and why did that work?

A common Atom issue, a failed shutdown doesn’t get completely finish and gets stuck with the screen off but still running. It can last days liek this. Performing a hard reset, holding the power button for over 10 seconds (I recommend 14) makes sure it is off. And leaving it to charge makes sure you have some battery to power it on again. I had this same issue on my Surface 3 (Atom Z8700) and Dell Venue 11 Pro (Atom Z3775), which makes me think its an Intel thing.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

implode
    Participant

Chris, this is wrong. For a properly made computer, none of the BIOS setting change should lead to a bricked device.

This BIOS is terrible. It’s half-baked and intended to be tweaked/finished by laptop manufacturer, but Jumper didn’t do anything about it – they just pushed some RAW generic BIOS image and tweaked few setting to make it run on this specific hardware. So there are dozens of hardware-incompatible settings that may lead to a brick.

Raul
    Participant

Hi! My jumper is charging but no turn on

Giuseppe
    Participant

Hello, i’m Giuseppe from Italy.

I have the same problem: my Ezbook2 won’t turn on.

I didn’t change anything on BIOS. I only used my laptop, then I shut down and the day after my pc was dead.

I see the blue (top left) led turn on for 1 second when i connect the power cable (even the red led for battery charging is on and it turns off when the battery is full, I suppose).

I tried to press for a long time POWER ON key (more than 30 secs), then be sure that battery is charged and then press Power on again (4 secs) but it’s always dead.

Do you think I can solve this problem or it’s better buying another pc?

thanks!

Raul
    Participant

Hii Giuseppe. Could you solve it?

AC
    Participant

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience thinking I had bricked the Jumper Ezpad 6 Pro tablet by changing UEFI settings.

I pressed and held the power button for a long while and kept it plugged in to power supply. It seemed like nothing would happen, I didn’t see the Jumper logo or Windows boot splash or anything. Then I got occasional flashes of the Windows log in screen. I realised that the screen seemed to be staying on for a few seconds then turning off.

So my solution was plug in with micro HDMI cable to external monitor and it worked. I was able to go into Windows Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery -> Advanced startup and click Restart now. Then I went Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup repair or something like that, I’m not sure which one and eventually could get into the bios and use reset bios settings and everything was fixed.

So don’t forget to try HDMI if you are having these strange screen issues.

Barbara
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem as Giuseppe.

the ezbook was for my father, and suddenly the wifi stopped working, then something else. So I reinstalled windows following the guide by this site.

As I was updating the drivers, suddenly it went off and was not turned on again.

Moreover , before I saw the red led putting the charger, I tried to hold down the boot button for about 30 seconds and the result was that not even the red LED lights up anymore… what could have happened?

is there any hope of resume it?

Thanks
    rajko
    Participant

Problem with my jumper ezbook 3 pro. It worked well for two months and now the battery hardly lasts 30 minutes. Does anyone know the solution? Thank you.

Cardoso
    Participant

Problem with my jumper ezbook 3 pro. It worked well for two months and now the battery hardly lasts 30 minutes. Does anyone know the solution? Thank you.

Mine is 2 weeks old and gets to around 50% and shuts down. Last less than 2 hours most of the time in idle.

rajko
    Participant

Where can I buy a battery for a jumper ezbook 3 pro does anyone perhaps know? Thank you for your understanding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar