[FAQ] What to do when you recieve X98 pro? Root, USB mod, Thermal mod, …

[FAQ] What to do when you recieve X98 pro? Root, USB mod, Thermal mod, …

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum [FAQ] What to do when you recieve X98 pro? Root, USB mod, Thermal mod, …

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For the thermal mod did you just buy a bigger copper sheet and cut the heat sinks for the CPU and ram yourself? Is there any trick in cutting the sheets?

Cheers

Moe

Neofit
    Participant

Is the information in the first post still useful? If I understand it correctly, the information was gathered by a person before he even received his x98 pro, and he then promptly sold it. Did he even try all the things he gathered, is the first post still relevant? Thanks.

Honza Martinásek
    Participant

Hello friends, after responding to 3 posts about lost Windows –> Android switcher i think it would be better to have it here. @juan3211 can you please put it somewhere better than my personal Dropbox and include it in your first post? Thx

Click

Gollum
    Participant

Thanx again

Gollum
    Participant

I can’t download the firmware after X98 pro root therefore my play store continues to crash. During the firmware download I get message “installation aborted” then I need to reboot then tablet works fine. Android without the play store is a drag! I uninstalled the play store and install new version and continues to crash! I am using the teclast pre installed app to download the firmware.

Thanks but it was better if you mentioned it is for Android not for Windows.

Thanx again

Time Chijo
    Participant

I have techclast tpad x98 pro .

I can’t charge it when using OTG cable .. Because it is in the same charging point the charger cable is plug .. Any help please?

Blandroid
    Participant

I have techclast tpad x98 pro . I can’t charge it when using OTG cable .. Because it is in the same charging point the charger cable is plug .. Any help please?

It’s not possible – it’s an either/or choice.

BoORD_L
    Participant

thermal mod done.

max temp in windows after 1hr of heartstone max screensize medium details just 65°C.

System seems smoother … really happy

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I have techclast tpad x98 pro . I can’t charge it when using OTG cable .. Because it is in the same charging point the charger cable is plug .. Any help please?

It’s not possible – it’s an either/or choice.

Chris put up a video where there are special hubs that can do charging+USB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6AcRvmb8w

Gerald
    Participant

Im having poor wifi connection on the x98 pro. it is connected to the network but there is no internet signal. Anyone know what i can do to fix it?

All
    Participant

It’s really good

Rhymez
    Participant

Is there a way to remove the dual boot screen? Just make it boot to Android asap?

Rhymez
    Participant

Is there no reason to update to the latest BIOS if you havent had any BIOS related problems?

Also what is the latest BIOS version and how do I check what version I have installed?

Stephane Rousseau
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue about the : “sometimes it enters a state where it only draws 0.45A.”

But your trick as you mention is not working for me (To get the tablet out of this my trick is to plug it a charger that is not connected to the wall, that must discharge some capacitor or something like that, and then the tablet goes back to fast charging mode.)

Any help ? the crazy thing is that on windows boot it is charging OK… but under android there is no way ! it stays a 400 – 470 mA

I’d be very grateful for HELP !

Thanks,

Stephane.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar