Flickering display creators update

Flickering display creators update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker Flickering display creators update

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Rhydem
    Participant

This is still an issue for me, although it’s not frequent, shame as it’s a perfect laptop bar this.

Tibor
    Participant

As I wrote previously guys, I immediately reinstalled Windows to the Pro version after I received this laptop. And I never experienced any issues you describe here, even after ALL Microsoft updates. Maybe it is just a coincidence. But maybe not.

(the only issue which started about a week ago (I have it from May 2017… and using it every day as my work compouter) is upper part of display started to release itself from the case (someone already mentioned such situation here. And yes, the keyboard is shitty – but I frequently use the external one). Otherwise great laptop.

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Tried re-installing to Windows Pro for the fun of it. Nope, still starts flashing every so often. I give up.

Marius
    Participant

Many problems are due to the energy control of the  video panel. The battery is not suitable for display consumption !. Cube is really unlucky with batteries dedicated to the Core M, and I know something, having bought in the past a Cube I7 core M and a Cube I9. No support, no possibilities of buy a new original batteries. I recommend deactivating the automatic refresh and maximizing the energy dedicated to the panel (in the option of the video card). In addition, the Intel (r) Energy Checker SDK task must be disabled at startup. (ESRV Service QUEENCREEK). Queencreek is used to manage energy consumption and causes many problems on the Cube Thinker. I tested this on my laptop!

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Many problems are due to the energy control of the video panel. The battery is not suitable for display consumption !. Cube is really unlucky with batteries dedicated to the Core M, and I know something, having bought in the past a Cube I7 core M and a Cube I9. No support, no possibilities of buy a new original batteries. I recommend deactivating the automatic refresh and maximizing the energy dedicated to the panel (in the option of the video card). In addition, the  must be disabled at startup. (ESRV Service QUEENCREEK). Queencreek is used to manage energy consumption and causes many problems on the Cube Thinker. I tested this on my laptop!

How do I diasble the ESRV Sevice QUEENCREEK? IS that the Intel (r) Energy Checker SDK task?

moritz baxxter
    Participant

Has anyone yet managed to fix this issue?

I can report, that after uninstalling the Intel Graphic Drivers it began to look a little better. Then it managed to get into Windows Safe mode and in safe mode the flickering is almost gone. I can also connect an external monitor which works flawless. So I conclude that the Intel HD 615 can’t be damaged. It has to be the Display.

Marius
    Participant

Also I have many problems with flickering. It is related to the energy management of the display and the battery that is not adequate. In addition, the panel tends to cut off when I open the notebook ( due to the magnets). Now I have to put a double-sided adhesive to prevent the dust. An lost opportunity for Cube and a product with obvious defects.

Wytske
    Participant

I found that you can solve this problem by installing the Intel chipset inf files.

Then the Intel XTU program. Undervolt the cpu and gpu by 50 millivolt.

Marius
    Participant

Thank you very much, can you please explain the procedure better? I didn’t understand how to do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar