HOW TO: dualboot Android/Windows on K9C3

HOW TO: dualboot Android/Windows on K9C3

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum HOW TO: dualboot Android/Windows on K9C3

This topic contains 106 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  bakaka 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)
  • Author

valerima
    Participant

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-downgrade-uefi-to-previous-hybrid-bios-gigabyte.168667/

It is a bit different story, but try to watch movie embedded. I did not try it, but maybe you will find similarities or change soemthing in your walkthrough.

valerima

Nikita
    Participant

Valerima, if i loose camera its not problem for me. I just want install Android and use two operation systems, but I can’t do that because described in the previous post!

To Nikita: If you would have dual bios for K9c3 installed, you would loose camera for sure. K9 c3 version with Windows only also not so bad if works everything.

valerima
    Participant

Did you check link above? it is just how you can use windows 64?

valerima

Nikita
    Participant

I try this method, but i have this error 201 fptw64 cannot run on the platform

Did you check link above? it is just how you can use windows 64?

valerima
    Participant

Did you succeed to flash bios for k9c3 ?

valerima

Sergio Majocchi
    Participant

Hi all,

I am trying to fix a major problem with my X98 PRO (do not know if K9C3 or K9C6. I think the second one, but I am not sure).

It is already in dual boot, but it crashes both in Android (infinite reboot loop) and Windows 10 (INTERNAL_EXCEPTION_UNHANDLED).

So I am trying to flash again Android Stock ROM and then Windows 10.

I am following the steps (except the flash of the bios), but when I attach the tablet (in DNX FASTBOOT MODE) to my PC (Windows 8.1 64 bit) the device is not listed and no messages are available.

Is there any way to proceed?

Thank you

Sergio

Andrew
    Participant

Hi! who can help me, how can I get rid of this error? I would not do occur, I tried several versions and installed as directed, but without success

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

robert wisdom
    Participant

I had the same problem sergio.  Turn out I was using a different usb cable than came with it.  It started out with the tablet just turning off with windows at 40% battery.  Then I plugged it in (different cable and adapter) and tried to go into android – bootlooped, then I tried to go into windows, endless bluescreens.  Only solution I found after 8 or so hours was to format the whole drive and reinstall windows from scratch, this is from the first posting on page three, the guys name is pm and he only has one post and it saved my booty, lol (forget about that guy trying to sell his image on his stupid webpage, what a piece of turd, that guy isn’t helping anybody, he’s just trying to profit off others misfortunes).  Turns out the mmc drive got corrupt and messed up both android and windows, I had delete all partitions in the windows installer and re-install windows, and then you can choose to leave 20gb space for android or just use the whole drive for windows, Anyway, this worked for me: 

I have successfully re-imaged my X98 Pro several times and here’s some things I ran into:

I first downloaded the latest Win10 version 1511 from Microsoft via the “media creation tool” from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (note you don’t pick a version anymore – it’s just “Windows 10” and the OS automatically loads the “Home” version with no key needed)

This was important as Microsoft automatically layers the new version over the old via Update – and that’s bad.

I then used the “Win 7 DVD creator” tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

to create a bootable USB image.

Ensure the device is fully charged.

Connecting a USB hub with a mouse, keyboard, and the USB image (note the drive letter before continuing) I used Advanced Recovery options to boot to Command Line Recovery (from the factory image – /All Settings / Update and Security/ Recovery / Advanced Recovery / (auto restart) /Troubleshoot / Command Line)

Change directories back to X:\ then type in D:\setup.exe (if your USB is “D”) – this boots into full setup (though you may need a magnifying glass)

I tried install several different ways, and the Command Line method is the only one that worked flawlessly for me.

Set up via “Custom” install. When you get to the partition options, if you want to keep Android, Windows is on the 3 partitions at the bottom of the list just above “Recovery” (on mine – should be the same for all). There is also another 100mb “System” partition further up that one can delete – but make sure you know what folders Windows creates on a new install so you don’t delete the wrong one. I deleted the four Windows related partitions, created a new one with setup (primary and 3 system) and installed fresh with no problems. You can also just install over the 23 GB “primary” partition without deleting or formatting anything, but I always like to let a new operating system create its own partitions (primarily for the system and MSR partitions content).

I then decided I didn’t want Android so I re-did the above steps, deleted all partitions, and created new Windows only partitions with setup. This also worked no problem, and is functioning very well. I always do installations offline.

Install the drivers before connecting or updating – I first ran the “.bat” file from the Teclast pack (copied onto a different USB drive inserted into the hub after Windows install finished). Note: I found the Teclast Driver Pack does not contain the driver for the camera sensor ov5648. It is only in the “Driver Double” pack. I just unzipped that and added the ov5648 driver folder to the Teclast pack and installed via driver update from the Device Manager. One could also utilize Driver Double initially, though there are other content differences.  You also need to go to the “camera fix” post and get that to ensure the cameras function properly.

After ensuring all drivers were present (no “unknown devices”) I manually updated the Display Adapter first (online, “Automatically Search” through Device Manager) as there is a new version (20) that Windows Update will not load. Then I ran Windows Update. I always reboot after SW changes even if not prompted. I do still get the dual-boot menu – the BIOS is not “remembering” my “boot directly to windows” selection, but hopefully that will change as the post above indicated.

Optionally, I then ran Driver Booster to check my driver versions, and almost all needed updating. Windows does not do this automatically via update (properly anyway).

Then tutto bene!

I don’t know how it relates to general performance for others (my evidence is anecdotal), but I always “customize settings” during the Windows installation (not using “Express), and turn off everything. I then extensively configure / uninstall my apps and options to minimize what is running. I don’t use any of the “Metro” apps.  I like the “Autoruns” program from Microsoft Sysinternals to minimize what starts automatically – but you need to understand what you’re doing with that. I also configure the Firewall settings to block connectivity to Windows apps I don’t use or have uninstalled. It is valuable to go through all the Settings, and also through everything on the Control Panel to get things “right”. I find myself using the old-style interfaces to configure events (ie right-click menu, choose System, click on “change advanced settings” and do things for that there). There are some events in Win 10 that are just not available (or impossible to find) in the new All Settings interface.

I re-image all my devices as I’ve never been happy with any initial configuration (Android or Windows), and the above is gleaned from a lot of trial and error and research. I hope the info is helpful. I am amazed by how awesome my X98 Pro is now – makes my 1yr old Onda v102 seem like the stone-age :)

If you want to reinstall android after that you need to either re-partition windows and leave a 20gb raw space for android (in my case, as I formatted the whole drive, because it was corrupt).

Chris G
    Keymaster

I flashed my K9C3 back to Windows only as I need the cameras for Skype. Just to confirm that the bios works.

Copies of these files are in the X98 Downloads section under Bios. Best of luck!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Kernnel Knn Pacheco García
    Participant

I also had problems getting it recognized by pc when in dnx mode, or even getting to dnx mode when the tablet was charging, probably another “feature” of new bios. What I’ve done to make it work: get to the bios, connect the usb cable to pc, in the bios, there is dnx mode option on the first page, set it to enabled and after next reboot the tablet wil boot to dnx mode and it will get recognized by PC.

How Can I go into the bios?

Alex
    Participant

Hello.
    I can not to flash the tablet.
    Appear the error: Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

alex awful
    Participant

I was not able to flash neither Android Mirek v6 nor windows 10 on bios 1.13.

The first action is to load with any windows 10 live cd/usb and update bios to 1.62.

Then flash of both OSs are smooth and shine.

Bios in zip is available at 4pda.ru/forum. (Registration required)

alex awful
    Participant

Hello. I can not to flash the tablet. Appear the error: Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)

If you trying to flash Mirek’s rims, you should not use flashtool. Follow instructions: make sure files #1 and #2 with drivers are installed and then run 3.flasher.

It is enough for flash. Make sure tablet is in dnx mode (volume + – and power together for at least 10 seconds or more, just keep holding till yellow sign of the mode near to logo)

Переходи в ветку на 4pda. Там гораздо больше информации.

Jason
    Participant

I got my bios installed, but my pc (windows 10 64 bit) doesnt recognize the tablet in dnx mode. How do I change the os image or boot from the bios?

Bernardo Pinto
    Participant

What about How to: Dualboot android/windows on K9C6? Any help? I need urgent help to revert mine from windows 10 only to dualboot.

Thanks all.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password