How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I would get it off Amazon personally. Then you have returns and less of a wait.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Matan
    Participant

Thanks for your thread,

I would like to upgrade my ssd too in my tablet but i really want to keep all the windows/settings/file from the current ssd,

There is a way to copy everything from the old ssd to the new one? Norton ghost maybe?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Norton Ghost or Acronis true image. Even the Windows recovery system image would work.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

sirdrak
    Participant

AOMEI Backupper standard is really easy and good to copy everything from the old ssd to the new one, too…

Kalle
    Participant

I will get my Kingspec SSD tomorrow and I thought I’d made a system image now so I can just restore it. I have a question though, how do I actually restore it? I’m using the Windows built in tool to do a system image on to an external harddrive. Can I just boot from that drive when the new SSD is there and choose something like “Restore system image” or something? Or do I need to make a bootable Windows 10 usb stick, boot from that, choose restore image, connect the harddrive and restore that?

Regilio Bouma
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Stefan Mettenbrink
    Participant

I have upgrade my cube i7 stylus with a 256gb Transcend MTS400 (amazon) in last november. I try to clone the old ssd but get only a chinese windows without an option to change to german language. So I install win8.1 pro from dvd new and install the driver set from techtablets download sides. All seams to work fine.

Some days later I see that the automatic rotation wont work and bluetooth wont find any device 🙁

Today I try to clone the original ssd again. The original ssd is in an usb-case and I boot with an usb recovery-stick and clone the ssd  again. After clonig and restart, i get a chinese windows recovery mode. Seams to be this: chinese error

Ater some work (and repair) the cube show me the chinese windows installation dialog 🙁

I think I will get the chinese windows without an option to change the language.

Whats wrong? How can I get the original windows from the original ssd (now in usb-case)? How can ich change the Chinese language (the normal way wont work! I think it is no windows professional restored).

Greetings from germany, Stefan.

Gabe
    Participant

I have upgrade my cube i7 stylus with a 256gb Transcend MTS400 (amazon) in last november. I try to clone the old ssd but get only a chinese windows without an option to change to german language. So I install win8.1 pro from dvd new and install the driver set from techtablets download sides. All seams to work fine. Some days later I see that the automatic rotation wont work and bluetooth wont find any device :-(<noscript>:-(</noscript>Today I try to clone the original ssd again. The original ssd is in an usb-case and I boot with an usb recovery-stick and clone the ssd again. After clonig and restart, i get a chinese windows recovery mode. Seams to be this: chinese error Ater some work (and repair) the cube show me the chinese windows installation dialog :-(<noscript>:-(</noscript>I think I will get the chinese windows without an option to change the language. Whats wrong? How can I get the original windows from the original ssd (now in usb-case)? How can ich change the Chinese language (the normal way wont work! I think it is no windows professional restored). Greetings from germany, Stefan.

Any news? Would be helpfull before we other run into the same problems after switching the ssd

Stefan Mettenbrink
    Participant

Any news? Would be helpfull before we other run into the same problems after switching the ssd

I have reinsert the original SSD and cloned again by this way (sorry, in german): c’t WIMage

After reinstall the new cloned SSD the tablet seams to work fine. Next day I see a activation note, but I can’t activate without the correct product key. I try different programms to read out the key and get the generic installation key (ends with -9D6T9 and only installs Win8.1pro) and two different other keys. Non of them works.

Now I wait for response by the manufactor (by Gearbest after buy contact).

PS: I would make a screenshot from the note, but its gone. 🙂

I don’t know why and haven’t done anything. The activation settings show the last caracters from the generic key. In the lower right corner I see “Windows 8.1Pro Build 9600”. There were the activation notice in the last days. Hmm…

Stefan Mettenbrink
    Participant

The note is back … 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

[e: you don’t have a problem with drivers, never mind!]

Michael Welshy Lloyd
    Participant

Just tried to swap out my SSD. after wrestling to get the thing open (twice), it now won’t boot from the recovery media that I JUST created.

Literally can’t be fucked with it. Another device for the bin.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Just tried to swap out my SSD. after wrestling to get the thing open (twice), it now won’t boot from the recovery media that I JUST created. Literally can’t be fucked with it. Another device for the bin.

Will it boot up? Did you damage it maybe. Or see if that recovery media boots in another PC.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Michael Welshy Lloyd
    Participant

I eventually got it to boot from the recovery media (have to go into the bios and exit, not changing anything since the usb drive is primary boot by default)
    But it gets to recovering, hangs there for 10 mins and eventually fails with an error about recovery failing.

Tried making a new recovery drive from my desktop (as these don’t seem to be device specific? but who knows, that might cause me issues), but get the same issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar