Is the firmware for the Onda V919 3G CORE M listed here Mr Dashers Firmware?

Is the firmware for the Onda V919 3G CORE M listed here Mr Dashers Firmware?

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums v919 3G Core M Discussion Is the firmware for the Onda V919 3G CORE M listed here Mr Dashers Firmware?

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by sue.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sue
    Participant

Hi,

I need to be able to download Mr Dashers Firmware for the Onda V919 3G CORE M, as mine has only the crippled Android on it and it won’t connect to the store and keeps giving the GOOGLE SERVICE FRAMEWORK has stopped ERROR.

So I was wondering about the firmware that is listed on here, is it Mr Dashers? if not has anyone used it and does it work please?

Because at the moment I have an expensive doorstop.

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

If you find it, please reply here. I need it too. Android without Play Store is useless.

sue
    Participant

will do

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

I didn’t find Dasher’s firmware, but I did figure out how to root and install Google Play Store.

First, do a factory reset to erase the Google Play Services that were already installed and are not working.

Next, you have to root. I found these instructions on the Onda Chinese forum.
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.ondabbs.cn/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D69737%26extra%3Dpage%253D1%26page%3D1&usg=ALkJrhixK-TvUpvStySJ9HL3a2lbYg1P0g
    The download link with root.bat is a few posts down. I had to run it 3 times before it worked.
    When rooted, then download an APK for a file manager that has root access (i.e. Root Explorer).

Next part is installing Google Play Store. I used PA_GAPPS Pico from here. http://www.androidrootz.com/2015/03/download-android-50x-lollipop-gapps.html
    Unzip and use Root Explorer to copy all the folders in the Core folder into /system on the tablet. I’m not sure if it’s necessary to set permissions to match the existing files, but I went ahead and set permission of all the .apk files to 0644 and folders to 0755 to match the existing ones.
    Then copy PrebuiltGmsCore.apk from GmsCore/0 folder into /system/apps. I set its permissions to 0755.
    Now when you reboot, it should install everything and Play Store should work. Mine crashed a few times at first, but it eventually started working.

I didn’t try installing each .apk individually, since I had tried doing that last night and it didn’t work, but you could always try that.
    Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

sue
    Participant

Hi GnatGoSplat,

Thank you for the info, But the main problem with my friends tablet is that obviously google android is not on there properly as in the Android section there is NO Internet connection or files or even an APP. But in the windows section there is edge….and now I have the tablet I have tried it and it works in windows.

That is why I am now wondering if I can install Android from the Windows section….

Regards Granny1

That is why I am now wondering

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

I don’t know of any way to fix the Android from the Windows section because Windows can’t access the ext4 Android partitions. You could possibly boot a portable version of Linux from a USB flash drive and access them that way.
    I would do a factory reset of the Android section to erase any previous attempts to get Play Store on there and get it back to stock. Then see if it will connect via Wifi. If it will at least do that, it can be rooted and Play Store installed.

sue
    Participant

Hi,

I have done a factory reset which came up in chinese so I had to work out how to get it in english I have now managed it…..

Well we now have wi-fi but, the problem is now there is No Internet Browser APP at all to enable us to connect to the internet on Android, also I can see the USB But, problem again is we can’t open it….

I don’t know how to install a browser without the USB working.

I had a look again No Google framework services, google Play store etc .

It is soooo frustrating as I can’t see away around this at all.

my friend said to try anything or throw it at the wall, but that is not going to fix it.

Regards Granny1

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

Hi, there is actually a stock Android Browser hidden away. One way I found it, I think there is a Search app that I found. It lets you choose from either the stock browser (blue globe icon) or the Chinese Opera browser. I chose the stock browser and then was able to enter my own URL in the URL entry box.

However, there may be another way, I’ll send a PM.

sue
    Participant

hi thank you for your help but, my friend Andrea has decided to stay with Windows as it is pretty fast anyway and she doesn’t want to have a brick.

Regards granny1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password