New Battery, does it need additional 3rd cable

New Battery, does it need additional 3rd cable

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series New Battery, does it need additional 3rd cable

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  russ 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

so my x80 is just sitting there collecting dust, so i thought sod it, i may aswell attempt to install a new and higher capacity battery, if possible, ive opened here up, and theres an additional 3rd yellow cable, now the generic tablet batteries only had black and red, what exactly is the yellow cable for and does a replacement have to have this, thanks

Aino
    Participant

The extra cable is for checking the charge status of the battery, without that cable, the tablet will not send the charging current to the battery, but you can replace it with a 10k ohm resistor soldered from the pin of the yellow cable to the negative pole

I also didn’t found a battery with 3 cables so just used the resistor solution,

You can find attached more images of the mod

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

russ
    Participant

The extra cable is for checking the charge status of the battery, without that cable, the tablet will not send the charging current to the battery, but you can replace it with a 10k ohm resistor soldered from the pin of the yellow cable to the negative pole I also didn’t found a battery with 3 cables so just used the resistor solution, You can find attached more images of the mod

Sent you a message mate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password