Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

Viewing 10 posts - 361 through 370 (of 370 total)
  • Author
    GilDev
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, that’s great news!

I’d personally would like to run something really light like Debian or Lubuntu, but dunno how WiFi could be made to work if it isn’t out of the box.

Brad
    Participant

Good info/work. I would try Lubuntu v19.10. I think it’s has a pretty recent kernel and it will prob run the fastest (lightest) of all the others with the Lxqt desktop.

David
    Participant

Actually any distro with the v5.3 kernel can be made working including Lubuntu v19.10 and also Manjaro. It’s also not that difficult after you know how:

1. Prepare your favorite distro on a USB stick and boot from it.
    2. Once the live environment has finished loading activate the touchpad by opening a terminal (press ctrl+alt+T) and type

sudo modprobe -r hid_multitouch

3. Now you can install your distro with the GUI and reboot to it.
    4. Again activate the touchpad like in step 2.
    5. To make this permanent you have to blacklist hid_multitouch either in the GUI by adding the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (create it if it doesn’t exist)

blacklist hid_multitouch

or in terminal:

sudo -s
      echo ‘blacklist hid_multitouch‘ >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
      exit

6. To make wifi work just rename brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.jumper-ezpad-mini3.txt to brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.txt in /lib/firmware/brcm/ and reboot OR restart the driver with

sudo modprobe -r brcmfmac
      sudo modprobe brcmfmac

Many thanks to Martin and his post from the previous page. I would not have figured it out without it.

GilDev
    Participant

How do you install on the microSD? When I do it my GRUB (EFI installed on the microSD) boots to the command line and doesn’t seem to find the microSD drive.

EDIT: Lubuntu 19.10 indeed works fine (installed on a USB drive), including internal speakers. Touchpad seems to work better than on Windows 10 1909 (no twitching when plugged in). Don’t know how to make Bluetooth work. I would just like to boot from the microSD now, hope it’s somehow possible…

mergaux
    Participant

Linux runs without any problem version xubuntu 18, kernel 5. But no camera. who knows drivers ?

Best

Apostolos
    Participant

Hi,

I have an EzBook 2 and I’m trying to install Manjaro 18.1.5 but although I have followed Martin’s and David’s tips, the wifi adapter is not detected at all. It doesn’t even appear in ‘lspci -k’ output. There’s also no sound device detected but touchpad is working fine.

Any ideas?

Brad
    Participant

Have you verified which WiFi device you have?  Have you looked at the dmesg output to see what errors there may be?

Apostolos
    Participant

It’s a BCM43430 and dmesg doesn’t contain any relevant errors. I read somewhere that it’s a SDIO device and it’s difficult to make it work in Linux.

Brad
    Participant

Have a look here and post about the problem there. This guy Jeremy is a Linux WiFi expert, same guy posts on the Ubuntu and LinuxMint forums helping people fix their networking issues.  The first thing I would do is try booting with Live-USB burned with the latest distro of Lubuntu and/or LinuxMint Mate.  Also search the manjaro forum if you really must use that distro.

Miguel
    Participant

Thanks to all of you guys, finally I could enable the WiFi card on my Jumper EzBook 2 on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon 4.6.6

For those with my same problem in the future I solved it with the information of:

4. activate wifi $sudo cp /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.jumper-ezpad-mini3.txt brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.txt

5. reboot

Attachments: brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.jumper-ezpad-mini3.txt

6. To make wifi work just rename brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.jumper-ezpad-mini3.txt to brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.txt in /lib/firmware/brcm/ and reboot OR restart the driver with

sudo modprobe -r brcmfmac
    sudo modprobe brcmfmac

Thank you very much again 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 361 through 370 (of 370 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar