Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Sanxion
    Participant

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the information!

I have been reading about other tablet owners (Nexus 7) whose devices shut down after connecting an OTG cable – they tried a different cable and there was no problem. I intend to try the OTG cable supplied with the X98 Pro when I return home.

Erik
    Participant

Hi Dennis, thanks for posting that solution. It worked well for me. I also had slow charging issues  at the beginning but it was fixed after I change my cable to shorter and fatter one. Thanks again.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Erik

Glad it helped, Teclast surely is of no help so we help eachother here. A shorter thicker cable is also a good one. The shorter it is and the thicker, the less resistance it has so when 2.4A flows through it the less voltage drop over the cable. I think the original cable I got is quite good but maybe next monday at work I’ll go measure its resistance with a milli-ohm meter. Can improve a little there as well. All of this would not be a problem of course if all cable suppliers just follow the usb.org rules 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay I have this issue on my new K9C6, I plugged in a USB drive via OTG and it killed the tablet. Took forever to get it to finally boot on again, I think it’s related to the bad battery life in Android, because when it powered off, the battery was 35% in Android, but after the crash 45% so the battery calibration is messed up. I saw this happen on the X98 Air 3G with daul boot systems, but no crashes. It’s not good, so far my K9C6 is more unstable than my K9C3 when it was Windows only. I think the dual boot bios is to blame here. I’m going to check and see if my K9C3 will do it now as a converted dual boot.

This is not good at all, Teclast I hope are aware and we are going to need a fix for this. A new bios or an update at least asap.

I’ll try your fix, but its battery/power related. But I think it’s not hardware related as my X98 Pro K9C3 (first model) never did this is 3 weeks of use.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

@dve123 If you can try and upload that power policy reg file again please, just zip it and the system will let you upload and attach it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear you have the trouble too but Im kinda glad because now Teclast maybe listens. Your review movies are used by Gearbest and probably others to promote this tablet. If you could just make a movie with this bad battery problem it would surely get their attention. Use your power!

I think it has little to do with the bios but Im no expert. I still bet my money on a just-a-little-too-cheap battery used by Teclast.

But here with this post I attached the registry mods I tried. I put the minimum processor power to 1% by the way according to a suggestion in another post, I believe it was you who suggested. Best thing working for me is still the power safe option to 60% and I want to add I never had problems in Android and still do not have even when I boot to Android and back to Windows. But maybe its just luck

Anyway everybody, regfiles attached and if you want to add one option to your power options right-click the regfile and choose merge

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sanxion
    Participant

Okay I have this issue on my new K9C6, I plugged in a USB drive via OTG and it killed the tablet. Took forever to get it to finally boot on again, I think it’s related to the bad battery life in Android, because when it powered off, the battery was 35% in Android, but after the crash 45% so the battery calibration is messed up. I saw this happen on the X98 Air 3G with daul boot systems, but no crashes. It’s not good, so far my K9C6 is more unstable than my K9C3 when it was Windows only. I think the dual boot bios is to blame here. I’m going to check and see if my K9C3 will do it now as a converted dual boot. This is not good at all, Teclast I hope are aware and we are going to need a fix for this. A new bios or an update at least asap. I’ll try your fix, but its battery/power related. But I think it’s not hardware related as my X98 Pro K9C3 (first model) never did this is 3 weeks of use.

I had the same issue but in Windows – connecting my phone via a OTG cable. I am going to try it in Android later today.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@dve123 Yes, I’ve seen Gearbest, Bangood and Geekbuying use my videos 🙂 And Xiamoi and Aliexpress sellers steal my videos removing my TT water mark and uploading it to their own channel. I have posted one just now on the new dual boot and I do mention the issue I had when connecting a USB pen drive, it crashed the whole tablet.

I wish I had more power, none of them will send me review units. (Fair of an honest review?) I have been replied to from some, but just ignored by others. Microsoft has been the most promising replying back to me that they would be in touch when they have a Surface Pro 4 review unit. But I wouldn’t mind Chuwi, Onda, Pipo and all the rest sending me review units… *sigh*

I’ve also noticed some games will not download from playstore for example, Mortal Kombat X will start to download then stop. Honest this new model, seems more buggy than my first K9C3 model. The Rom feels almost like a beta rom and now Windows has this issue. Battery life is now worse. I could get 4 hours in Windows only model easy, maybe even close to 5 hours. Now I struggle to get 3 hours. Somethings up with the battery calibration for sure, it has to be this because again the older models use the exact same battery cells. 2 x 4000mAH LG ones in series I think it is. It’s either bios or the battery control / power regulator. But it was 100% hardware related to bad batteries it would do this in Android too, which it doesn’t.

I’ll try your fixed reg file, thanks for your work on this.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Andrius
    Participant

Oh great, Ive ordered one yesterday for myself, should I cancel it, because it wasnt shipped yet..?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@Adrius that depends, are you up to a little tech challenge or are you an end-user wanting no issues? If it’s the former, dont let you stop if it’s the latter maybe cancel….. I can live with it now after my fixes

@Chris
    tnx a lot for addressing it in a video I think buyers should be warned and I hope it pushes Teclast to come up with a solution

Chris, a bios update will that be easy like run an EXE under windows or something? Or will that be a hard thing to do with the risk of bricking it? You did before these things right?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s just running a exe in the C:/ drive and then a reboot. Yes and risk free on a full battery.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

well at least that’s good news, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that Teclast won’t ignore this and comes with an update. I think they must because the news is already leaking out. If you are thinking about a Teclast and do a google search you instantly get to techtablets. It will be a matter of minutes before a potential buyer reads about these issues.

On the other hand the Chinese might just as easy bring out a PRO 2 with the problem fixed 🙁

Chris, what is the place to hear about new firmwares/bios updates of Teclast? You check this actively?

Martin
    Participant

Is there anyone still working on this topic?

I received a X98 Pro K9C6 recently from Gearbest and it shows those sudden blackouts. I’m not even able to work for one hour with the tablet as the screen very frequent goes suddenly black. At that point touch stops working for a few seconds, then screen is flickering and finally tablet dies. It does not really depend on the battery status as it happened already at 90% battery. After charging for 5 mins tablet was back on 90% and worked a few minutes until next crash. AND: I experience the same issue both in Windows and in Android!

Searching the internet I can also see that even the “old” Air 3G model seems to have the same problem. But I can’t find a real solution anywhere. I tried the various power settings mentioned in the forum here – none of them helped in my case!

So please if anyone here has really solved this problem please post a solution.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Martin

Not me because I solved it with the steps mentioned in this post. Seeying the amount of people with this problem we must hope that Teclast will address it.

Uou could google for recalibrate battery? Sounds like that kind of issue.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

It does seem that Teclast did an update to the installer files (27th october 2015). But I can not download from Baidu nor can I get an account aargh.

Is there someone who can login there and get the files? Chris?

Found the update via this by typing in K9C6 so its the chinese site http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php?t=p

Found the following (see my attachment)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar