Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

So I got my X98 Pro now from China. As expected it’s all in Chinese and will not take language packs at all. I had to reinstall Windows 10 with English.

Here is how to do it if you have a Chinese X98 Pro (Remember you will not have a valid key after this)

Use this tool to make an install USB drive: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Make sure you select a 64bit version.

Once done. Download., extract with Winrar and move the Teclast X98 Pro drivers dump to the drive (Found here), you’re going to need them later. If your using the doubledriver backup, also download and move doubledriver to the USB drive.

Two ways you can fresh install Windows 10. Right from the current Chinese OS. Run the set up and it will install. Or using a usb 2 hub boot to the bios and then the USB Win 10 install drive.

Once the install is complete. Install the drivers. You will need a hub and mouse for this. To restore the touch screen. Move the touchsetting.gt file (in the drivers download) after installing the goodix driver to C:/Windows/inf and reboot.

Done! This worked fine on my K9C3 X98 Pro (first model)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Wymmar Santoso
    Participant

hi chris, thanks so much for this, i will get this tablet next week and i will do this

by the way, the statement : Remember you will not have a valid key after this, is meaning i will consider by windows running win 10 fake or what?

thanks chris

Chris G
    Keymaster

hi chris, thanks so much for this, i will get this tablet next week and i will do this by the way, the statement : Remember you will not have a valid key after this, is meaning i will consider by windows running win 10 fake or what? thanks chris

What I mean there is you will need a key. I just hit skip on the install and now I need to activate it. The Chinese Win 10 key will not work.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

hero
    Participant
    Tom
    Participant
    hero
    Participant

Yes

Arnaud C.
    Participant

I discovered this site a few months back. http://www.pay4key.org

The site is definitly ugly and look like a scam, but for just 32 EUR and protected by Paypal, I wasn’t taking much a risk to try. And it worked perfectly. Keys are completly legit. I used to hack windows on all my computers, and when I realised I could get keys for that cheap, I decided to legalize all my windows.

You pay and got the key by email a few horus later… Once one of the key they send me didn’t work, I emailed a screen copy of the error, and got a new key with no questions asked a few hours later.

And if you wonder, all my windows 8.1 obtained throught this site updated for free to windows 10 also with no problem.

Arnaud

Kasya
    Participant

Possible that the Recovery drive is only 2,93GB? Can I restore the original “delivered” status from here?

juanjo
    Participant

as I instruct BIOS to boot from USB ? I find the option in BIOS teclast x98 pro

please help

juanjo
    Participant

I have problem….teclast died “acpi bios error” say, It does not turn on

Anonymous
    Inactive

Juanjo, that happens when you try to boot Windows but you have selected the Android (GREEN) icon on the boot screen.  Connect the tablet to the charger, wait, wait more… Press the power button and Volume up for 10 seconds.  Repeat until you get the teclast logo and the icon of the battery charging or the OS selection menu.

Select Windows (BLUE) icon this time.

Ankur
    Participant

Chris,

Do you think that upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise will work the same way on this tablet too?

Also, has anyone figured out how to perform a full backup (preferably of boot partition, Android, and Windows) prior to making any changes? If full backup / restore is a possibility then I would volunteer to try out Enterprise edition on my tablet.

Thanks.

Korzar
    Participant

Also, has anyone figured out how to perform a full backup (preferably of boot partition, Android, and Windows) prior to making any changes? If full backup / restore is a possibility then I would volunteer to try out Enterprise edition on my tablet. Thanks.

I did make a Clonezilla backup of all partitions before starting to mess with the tablet. I just tried to boot into Windows when I got it and saw it worked, so I restarted and booted Clonezilla and copied everything. I can upload it if anyone needs it.

If you want to make a copy yourself just make a bootable Clonezilla distro on a USB drive.

YorT
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have completed a fresh install of Windows on a K9C6 version, however the dual boot menu still appears. Is there a way to remove the dual boot menu so the tablet always only starts Windows (in my case) ?

Thanks
    Troy

Update: Ignore me. Turns out after about 5-6 reboots, the dual boot screen disappears and it just starts up into the primary OS, Windows in my instance.

d3rm4rc
    Participant

I did make a Clonezilla backup of all partitions before starting to mess with the tablet. I just tried to boot into Windows when I got it and saw it worked, so I restarted and booted Clonezilla and copied everything. I can upload it if anyone needs it. If you want to make a copy yourself just make a bootable Clonezilla distro on a USB drive.

Hi Korzsar,

can you Share the Image? I think it´s the easiest Way to Rollback Factoy defaults.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar