Updating the X98 Air 3G to Windows 10

Updating the X98 Air 3G to Windows 10

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Updating the X98 Air 3G to Windows 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Here are Teclast’s Windows 10 drivers for the X98 Air 3G C5J6

http://techtablets.com/2015/07/teclast-x98-air-3g-windows-10-update-and-windows-10-drivers/

(Might work on other models) older Air II’s could have screen orientation issues…

Just fixing mine up now, Windows 10 runs just fine, smooth. Hard to say if its faster than Windows 10. But it seems quick.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

LAAC
    Participant

I am updating right now my Teclast X98 Air II HG9M. Any recomendation when it finishes?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Lots of patience 🙂 It takes a long time to upgrade it. 40 minutes? Seemed forever. I haven’t run it on an Air II yet, so not sure. But you can fix the device manager issue with the included drivers.  I just hope it will not give you an inverted screen from the orientation reg file.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

ben
    Participant

Hi Chris, did the update wipe your android partition on your 3g? I see on a previous video you had installed the preview version so you may have already wiped it in this instance?

I use android a lot more, sorry to say it but its much more tablet orientated and better equipped than windows 8 so don’t want to take the full plunge just yet.

Ben

Gary
    Participant

Is this the 32 or 64 bit version of windows?

Thanks

ben
    Participant

I can confirm updating to windows 10 using the media creation tool mentioned in another thread on this forum foes not wipe your android partition 🙂

Jan
    Participant

Chris, I can’t find the link to the windows 10 drivers. I think there is an error in your post.

Mark Kalinsky
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’ll upgraded my X98 Air 3G to Windows 10 and the rotation doesn’t work. I watched your video Chris, but it says when I install the sensor I/O device driver you have provided that I have the latest. The rotation option isn’t even in the new action centre, what do I do?

Thanks,

Still trying to get Cortana working, everything is set to United Kingdom. The text in driver manager appears more fuzzy in Windows 10 than Windows 81.1 with Bing. Is anyone having that issue with the fuzziness of the text?

Mark Kalinsky
    Participant

Why the hell doesn’t the keyboard automatically pop up like in Windows 8.1 when you click on a text field?

Mark Kalinsky
    Participant

Anyone having trouble with Cortana in the United Kingdom, follow these steps posted by MrStu

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f0lqw/tip_for_brits_install_the_uk_speech_language_pack

Now all I need to fix is the text, rotation and make the keyboard automatically pop up, other than that Windows 10 is amazing!

Chris G
    Keymaster

@mark-kalinsky Thanks, this will work better than US English, even for my Kiwi accent.

As for the keyboard, it will auto pop up in tablet mode better I found. It’s to make you use tablet mode I guess.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Mark Kalinsky
    Participant

Glad to help. Damn, Microsoft! Why, I’ll keep looking for a workaround for the keyboard.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@mark-kalinsky This this attachment, worked for Windows 8.1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Andrew Wong
    Participant

is there a bios which supports dual boot for windows 10?

jsizzle
    Participant

Hey Chris!

So I have my air 3g 64gb dual OS on windows 10 and can’t get the autorotate to work. I went into regedit/local machine/software/Microsoft/autorotate and activated it, restarted the tablet and everything. Is there somewhere else I should be editing? Also, that driver pack you put on there, is that for the accelerometer only? I tried updating several driver files with it after it wouldn’t work it the sensors and it didn’t seem to be for any of them.

Thanks in advance! You’re the man!

Jared

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar