windows to go – windows as a portable app or OS in this case

windows to go – windows as a portable app or OS in this case

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series windows to go – windows as a portable app or OS in this case

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chupa 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

10 gives me all kind of crap and I still hope I find some day a way to get 7 working on an Apollo Lake.
    So while playing around to see how much I could twist windows 10 I remembered how much fun it was to get the gta v working from a 60GB usb 3 stick with all the little files and the registry entry just to copy over a virgin pc (just a few 100 MB) and GTA V runs completely with all the add ons and trainers from USB 3.

So this post and the few others before are done from a windows 10 usb stick what uses just my internal memory and everything else works from the USB 3 thumb drive. I like the ultra short sandisk ones what barely stick out.

So how does it work?
    On the same machine without missing a beat and on a  different one have the drivers cloned before and put them on the usb drive too. Ther might be a BSOD with the we need to reboot to fix something and mostly then even the digital license is activated.

How about the speed?
    30 sec emmc boot to 1 minute usb3 boot
    programs start a little slower but barely noticeable.

So in case something bad happens with you emmc , put the usb stick in clone back, keep on working.

check out wintousb free

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password