Anyone haing issues with android emulators?

Anyone haing issues with android emulators?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Anyone haing issues with android emulators?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

I am trying to install a android emulator , but both leapdroid and bluestacks freeze the entire device when attempting to run.

Anyone experiences the same issue? any possible solutions?

Haitao
    Participant

There is a trouble shooting on http://www.leapdroid.com that addresses the same issue like yours. You can take a look at

http://www.leapdroid.com/helpcenter.php#collapse13

Sing Along
    Participant

Use Genymotion?

Frumentius
    Participant

I’m using meemu the latest version. It run very well and fast, no freeze. The only two problem for me are, first sometimes (rare) app force closed, and second it detect my region is in china, I’ve checked all the setting and can’t found how to change it.

Andrew W
    Participant

Yes Memu is pretty good.

I’ve tried a bunch of them.

My challenge was to find one that worked with Heroes of Order and Chaos – a DOTA/League of Legends MOBA game.

I tried

AmiDuos, Leapdroid – Probably 6 or so different emulators.

NOX is very good – great general compatibility. BUT Heroes of Order and Chaos – had a graphics bug the same in all the other emulators.

Except Memu (I believe if memory serves me right!). Pinch to zoom worked well.

Some emulators I noticed small bugs… like wifi dropping out from time to time.

On a non-emulator note:

Android x86 6.0 RC-2 has been released.   http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-6-0-rc2

What makes this interesting is this is the first Android x86 I have been able to get work on an x86 device.

I can boot from SD! Unfortunately there is no ‘persistence’ when using a live boot.

This maybe because I made the Android boot disk from Windows – hence FAT32.

I read Android x86 may (still) have a problem writing changes if installed on a FAT32 partition.

THEREFORE: Perhaps if someone tries to make a ext3/ext4 boot disk from linux there may be ‘persistence’.

Working:

Wifi (2.4 & 5Ghz) & Bluetooth.

Touchscreen. USB. volume keys, Windows Button = Android home

Power saving. Sleeps fine. In fact I seem to have less power drain with this than I do with Windows

Sound & Video : OK could be louder. Youtube playback was fine albeit max quality was 720p (although the resolution of Android 1920×1080 in the settings)

Needs work:

Rotation control: Rotation Control is 180 degrees OUT – so you can lock it in portait or landscape using stock settings.  I prefer “Rotation Control” from the app store.

No Camera: I only tested one app. I can’t remember if on hardware analysis if the sensors showed up or not.

Graphics? – There is a doccumented occasisonal bug for skylake GPUs – BUT I only saw it once. when

on power button – only good for bringing up Power Off but this could be tweaked.

Utilities show 4 cores running between 1.9 & 2.2 GHz… This is obviously the kernel being confused or something.

After all the Core M 6y30 is a Dual Core – Albeit supporting hyperthreading – so more like a quad core.

Install Fail

Unfortunately my install hangs at the Android logo and I can’t work what is going on.

I’ve never had success installing Android to a hard disk – except maybe one Acer laptop – which I seem to recall there was some decent support for

The Android x86 7.0 Source code has been released which should

lumpy
    Participant

Memu is pretty good 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar