Bios update failed, is there a way to turn it back on ?

Bios update failed, is there a way to turn it back on ?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Bios update failed, is there a way to turn it back on ?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Valentin
    Participant

Hi guys !

I received my Chuwi HI10 and the first thing I’ve done is to try to do a backup of the windows partition but that sh!tty windows 10 get corrupted and I was unable to back it up so I installed Windows 8.1 64bits, i tried to install the drivers founded on this forum but nothing worked, I read on a post that the drivers was located in an archive of chuwi’s baidu cloud (P02-C106_B101UAN_607_RealTek_wifi_20151224.zip) so i extracted files and launched the .exe file but it was the bios update file…

So the update started but there was no drivers installed so I was unable to know if the battery was fully charged or not … and of course, I am lucky my battery was almost empty so my tablet shutted down suddenly while doing the update a,d now it don’t want to boot or turn on (black screen, no LEDs)

Is there any way to turn it back on or to restore the original bios ?

Thank you

Laura
    Participant

yes, you can reprogram the chip using SPI… but you have to open the tablet and have the likes of a raspberry pi or an arduino plus some kind of connectors… there is a post somewhere around where somebody did just that, try to search

Valentin
    Participant

Hi Laura and thank you for your answer

I will try to avoid hardware fix in a first time, if I can’t fix it manually (by software) I will send it back for warranty…

As far as I know, this tablet is using an American Megatrend BIOS (aptio) so there is probably a emergency recovery method am I right ?

I read that someone has recovery his motherboard by copying BIOS update file to the root of an usb stick, insert it in his motherboard (american megatrend) and pressing both ctrl and home at the same time will force the motherboard to get the BIOS from the usb stick…

I tried on my tablet but it don’t seem to work…

Do you have any information about that ?

Thank you

Laura
    Participant

haha, if only it was that easy.

this is a tablet not an atx motherboard.

you’ll discover soon enough it’s not that easy to claim warranty with chinese sites, and they will just ask you to ship it back to them which will cost you quite some money, and to be honest it’s not that cool to claim warranty when it’s your fault really.

Przemo
    Participant

Sorry to hear that.
    One question. After inserting USB drive is there any communication (flashing pendrive led)? I found 3 file names at “recovery” bios modules but i don’t know if there is any auto recovery mode.
    File names in FSRecovery:
    C106_B101UAN.rom
    AMI.ROM
    firmware.bin

PS: Holding power button by 10-15 seconds force device to disable. I solved most BIOS problems (flashing led, no resonse to poweron etc) by this.

Valentin
    Participant

hi Przemo,

Where did you find these files ? can you give me a link please ?

When I connect an USB keyboard, it star (it is a gaming keyboard with backlighted keys, it turn all on) and when it “starts” I can see on some usb stick models, the light turn on and turn off once, so the device can do something (I guess)

Thank you

Przemo
    Participant

Those file names are inside bios module. Try rename/copy latest BIOS as those names to fat32 formatted drive. It’s always worth a try.

Valentin
    Participant

can you send me these files ? i can’t catch wich file are you talking about…

Thank you

Przemo
    Participant
    SwanS
    Participant

Hi, Valentín.

Have you tried to leave it charging overnight, then pressing power button more than 15 secs and then trying to power on as usual?

If no windows boots, are you able to enter in bios by pressing Supr in a physical keyboard just after powering on?

Valentin
    Participant

HI SwanS and thank you for your answer,

I tired but the problem is that the tablet do not recognize any USB peripheral, it just “send” voltage but nothing else works…

I tried USB stick, SD card and keyboard combinations but none of these way worked…

In fact when the tablet shutted down, it was on ereasing momery, between 70 and 100%…

Do you think I can do something like a JTAG or something like that ? If I find it possible for me I will try but I don’t have any specific material…

Thank You

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar