Chuwi Hi12 broken after airplane landing

Chuwi Hi12 broken after airplane landing

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi Hi12 broken after airplane landing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    proffesor 249
    Participant

so 2 weeks ago i went to indonesia with my chuwi hi12 when i arrived my tablet was working well for the 2 weeks i stayed there. However when i arrived back home (today) i found out my tablet didn’t turn on nor charged(i used several chargers including the original one)  im still wondering how this happend since the tablet was in my luggage in my backpack (close to me). Does someone know how this could happen and how it can be fixed.

thanks in regards

Richard Russell
    Participant

did it have a low or dead battery when you got on the plane? I’ve seen cases of this tablet not recovering from a fully discharged battery

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hold the power button 14 seconds, plug it in overnight to charge. Then in the morning it should boot up with a 4-5 second press and release as soon as you see the red led come on. Let us know if that worked.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Grant Gibson
    Participant

Chris

I basically had the same thing with mine would not charge or boot. I can only think that we have been having really hot weather in th UK and I generally leave that tablet in the car so I always have it with me. Then it just stopped working. I would be interested in finding out what the root cause of this is and whether you can actually do anything to breath life back into it. No components are obviously damaged/ burnt out

Regards

Grant Gibson

proffesor 249
    Participant

well ive tried the method you described but unfortunantly it didnt work

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Did you try starting with charger connected? Even if the battery is not flat it can sometimes get into a strange state and won’t start without power connected. I’ve had this happen a couple of times to mine and the first boot of Android afterwards is slow because it lost the dalvik cache and needs to re-optomize apps.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Another thing that sometimes happens is if the battery is that low, it will not power on. Tried another charger?
    Let it charge overnight is best too, just to be sure.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

proffesor 249
    Participant

i tried to turn it on while it was charging (by pushing the power button for 20 sec) and i’ve also used the charger i use for my phone without succes the red light isnt even blinking. im going to try and open it and replace the battery( or maybe the air pressure from the plane made a cable loose). i will keep this forum updated if it worked or not

Grant Gibson
    Participant

Like I say I have had exactly the same thing as yourself red light doesn’t come on with the original charger or replacement charger. Absolutely nothing has worked so far. I’ve opened mine up and charged the lipo externally for 3 hours and the voltage is fine so it isn’t that I’ve looked at the cables but they all have glue on the connectors so they aren’t loose/unseated. I have bought a chip clip and will be attempting the bios flash as a last resort before this tablet goes in the bin

I would be very interested in knowing whether you manage to get it to even charge off the charger never mind actually turning it on!

Regards

Grant Gibson

Chris G
    Keymaster

Very strange as if the bios bricked itself. Did Windows update download a firmware update you know of or remember?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Grant Gibson
    Participant

Windows update did an update about 1 week previous but I can’t say I noticed a bios update within that it worked after the windows update though which seems odd. I’ve contacted chuwi who offered no solution or explanation of the problem

Marc
    Participant

The issue with both your tablets appear similar to mine, which I decribed in detail in this post: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-completely-dead-no-screen-and-no-charging-led-any-suggestions/

As it happened on a table right beside the desk I was working at, I could follow it (as soon as I started noticing it).
    The only “abnormal” activity right before I put it on standby was testing it with the hdmi cable I just had received (which worked). For the rest it was a normal day with a mild temperature of 20-24 degrees (Celcius).
    Battery was above 25% when I put it on the charger.

I hope it’s the BIOS. I’ve ordered all necessary parts as instructed by Billy Christiansen (many compliments and thanks to…).
    Ps. Chris, I think that subject is worth putting a sticky on…

Unfortunately the clip didn’t arrive, so I’ve had to reorder it and will have to wait another 2-5 weeks until I can try to repair it.

As extra tip for Grant if flashing the BIOS won’t work: Maybe the chip itself is fried. So as a final resort you can buy the chip for only a few $/€ and exchange it. As a precaution I’ve already bought a set of 5 on AliExpress

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar