Don't use Gearbest and if you have to read this:

Don't use Gearbest and if you have to read this:

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Don't use Gearbest and if you have to read this:

Tagged: 

• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mark.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Gearbest falsly advertises expected shipping times. Don’t stand for this.

When the expected shipping time has passed, open a ticket and say that they breach the sales agreement as they are too late shipping. Also state that you don’t want the item shipped any longer as you will buy somewhere else.

Immediately after that open a PayPal dispute and in the same go “escalate” it. Escalating is important as otherwise it will leave you hanging for over a month without resolution.You will win the PayPal dispute and get your money back.

Don’t go along with the sales reps asking to wait another 2-3 days, it is a lie they will be continuing to tell you several times.

Also, don’t bundle your order with other small accessories. They will just send you the cheapest accessory and tell you your order has shipped, in reality you will be waiting for a month for the rest to ship. They will also use unregistered mail or free Chinese registered instead of the more expensive shipping you ordered. Don’t settle for that, immediately open and escalate a PayPal dispute.

I stopped using Gearbest because of this and shop ELSEWHERE. Always ask if the item is in stock for any company you order from. If not, go somewhere else or wait till you are sure it is in.my last phone and tablet (I used vickmall for phones and Geekbuying for tablet) made it to Australia within 5 days from ordering (using DHL) by asking about stock first.

Don’t fall for any of the “pre sale” deals, it is a scam, you will be on the backburner for ever. Instead wait before ordering till it is in stock, chances are it will be cheaper by then anyway (prices only go down, never up). Be vigilant as a customer, it is the only way to stop the malpractices.

One last tip, don’t use the fast check out when buying. Always be logged in to your account and do the full check out that includes the shipping before doing your payment. When doing fast check out, you loose the opportunity to file PayPal claims. For your payment at the end of the full checkout, use PayPal.

Nikos
    Participant

Wish i red this before i made the mistake to proceed with the express checkout. Not with gearbest but with the other three (geekbuying, banggood and tinydeal) They all use the same practises apparently. I was about to try gearbest but now im having second thoughts. Banggood is by far the worst when it comes to refunding. I have to wait for 72 hours to get my money back. Of course as you said i can`t issue a refund through paypal. They were lightning fast when i asked to cancel my order but refund?? Nah! You have to wait for 3 days. My answer to all of these websites is to “blacklist” them. Never buy from them again. Sure their prices are lower than ebay or ali but i will gladly pay something more and get a honest attitude and prompt replies.

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

I totally get what you say. Gearbest is blacklisted for me, though I still give the others a chance.

But I only order when I am assured it is in stock right now. And if it goes one day over the expected shipping day I take the necessary steps as described above and order elsewhere.

peteronowak .
    Participant

Add me too. Ordered 2 Air III units from gearworst on 26/11 after 2 weeks of “processing my order” I asked them what is going on? They told me that they are out of stock. Today however, they have a christmas sale going on and 20 Air III units are being sold at a special price of $121 while my order is STILL being “processed” Im thinking of canceling the order but as i will be away over christmas I might just as well keep waiting

Danny Hermans
    Participant

Another one here… waiting for Teclast X2 since Nov.11th!!! And they just don’t reply to me anymore. Waiting on Paypal action now.

Dhoni G. Daradjat
    Participant

Yup, Gearbest is suck.

i place order on chuwi tablet with eu adapter, after 2 weeks they dont send the package.

After i open a ticket, they said still waiting for eu adapter. Then i tell them to send the chinese adapter that ready in stock.

waiting another 2 weeks, they still not send the package..

I month and nothing, so i cancel my order. I get refund for my order in a week.

peteronowak .
    Participant

I just asked gearworst to cancel my order (2x Teclast AirIII) which has been waiting to be disptched since 26/11. I have asked for a refund and now credit/wallet rubbish. Lets see what happens

nowa
    Participant

So. After cancelling my order with Gearpest (been waiting for a month) I did not hear anything from them for 3 days. So I contacted my bank and asked them to stop or claim the VISA transaction. Within 24h I got an appology from Gearpest saying that they will refund me my payment between 7-24 days

pinky
    Participant

yes… had to cancel an order for 10 tablets after getting messed around by this total waste of time company…. please avoid…. mentioned on many other tec sites as well.

John
    Participant

I have the exact same problem with the chuwi hi10 pro z8350 ordered about 3 weeks ago along with keyboard and stylus, every day they kept pushing it out but only 2 days ago they said in the question and answer section it was now in stock and for this guy to go ahead and order knowing it wasn’t in. After complaining they sent the keyboard and stylus so now I have 2 items I useless without the tablet. I have now put a complaint through pp and they are now saying I need to close the case before they can ship but I don’t think they even have it yet. This was meant to be a Xmas present but they don’t seem to give a shit. What should i do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Paolo
    Participant

Am I the only one content with gearbest?

mark
    Participant

I have ordered 3 or 4 times on gearbest, all within the last three months. The first order I decided to refund. They refunded immediately, which indeed surprized me. As to the delivery time, some things arrived within 3-4 weeks. And it wasnt neccessarily the cheapest ones. But some things, I am still waiting for. So as to the OP, I can say, that he is right, there is a certain risk, that you will have to wait long time for your stuff. But you might also get it fast. But hey, we are talking China here, if you expect great service, order in Germany 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar