First time owner, help getting Teclast X98 Plus II Up to Date

First time owner, help getting Teclast X98 Plus II Up to Date

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion First time owner, help getting Teclast X98 Plus II Up to Date

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    S K
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a first time Teclast tablet owner, and my tablet will be arriving tomorrow. Just looking for instructions/advice/tips on getting my X98 Plus II setup and up to date properly. I’m fairly computer and Windows/Android savvy.

A couple of questions that I have, 1: does the Windows 10 Anniversary update and standard Windows updates work, if so, is it just a standard install after doing windows updates etc.?  related to this, will I need to reinstall the button that switches between operating systems, I think the anniversary update erases it?

2: I’ve been reading here about an Android 1.05 update firmware, but I don’t quite understanding the process, and files needed to do all of that, or if it’s recommended. Does the Android update automatically with Teclast or do I need to download some files?

3: On the Windows side, does using an automatic search+update driver updater like Driver Booster work or cause problems? I use this on PC and a previous Windows tablet without issues. Are there any drivers I should manually update first?

4: I’ve been reading here about wifi issues, and issues with the headphones/speaker, what steps should I take to enhance and improve the speakers and wifi?

5: I have a standard Android/Windows Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard w touchpad, a Micro HDMI cable, 32 GB Micro SD/TF card, a micro USB/USB adapter cable, and a case that is for the X98 Plus 9.7, all for the tablet, should these devices/accessories work easily? anything I need to know?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Robergo
    Participant

Hi, SK. About your questions:

1.- You can update to Windows 10 anniversary update. But don’t use Windows update. If you do so, Windows downloads about 8 Gb of data at your storage memory, and then it makes a full copy of your old operating system (can be almost 20 Gb more), so the internal storage memory will be full and the update will fail (after some hours working). So the right way to do this is to use the Microsoft media tool to create from a computer an USB installation drive of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then use the OGT to connect this USB to the tablet, and launch the setup from Windows in your device. It’s also sightly faster, about 1 hour and a half “only”.

2.- If you want update Android, go to http://www.teclast.com/en/firmware/showtools.php, and then at the upper menu select Download – Firmware, and write the code from your model (for example, C2D4 or C2D6). You’ll find some files, you only need the Android one, Windows is not neccesary if you’ve updated to anniversary update (it’s an older version). There is also a DOC file containing instructions to manage the process to update. Follow it and you’ll sucessfully finish the update without problems.

3.- I don’t know the Driver Boost you’re talking about. All the drivers for the tablet are already installed, and as long as I know, you don’t need any aditional driver. But, as I already said, I don’t know how Driver Boost works.

4.- About wifi, I think it’s a hardware problem, so the only thing you could do is to open your tablet and make some DIY inside your device to improve it. There are some guides in the forum. However, I didn’t notice any wifi problem at my tablet, maybe because I’m working fairly near my router (about 20-30m), or maybe because they’ve solved the problem in newers models, I don’t know. And about the speakers issue, I didn’t read nothing about that, I don’t know what’re you talking about.

5.- I suppose all your gadgets must work in your new device. But I can’t be sure, obviously. About the keyboard, any bluetooth keyboard should work (in theory), with the SD card and the cable is the same (should work), and with the case you could find some problems with size or mismatched holes for the connectors, but it’s all in my opinion.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Hi, SK. About your questions: 1.- You can update to Windows 10 anniversary update. But don’t use Windows update. If you do so, Windows downloads about 8 Gb of data at your storage memory, and then it makes a full copy of your old operating system (can be almost 20 Gb more), so the internal storage memory will be full and the update will fail (after some hours working). So the right way to do this is to use the Microsoft media tool to create from a computer an USB installation drive of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then use the OGT to connect this USB to the tablet, and launch the setup from Windows in your device. It’s also sightly faster, about 1 hour and a half “only”

Thanks for that! Should I use http://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-windows-10-anniversary-upadate#mediacreationtool but with option “Create installation media for another PC”? Will that work or I should use other tutorial?

JR
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about getting this tablet in the Ali sale that is coming up.

I’ve read through the instructions for updating the Android system and the last line said that you should do a factory reset. That does sound wrong to me but I guess that works, I have no idea how it works after that kind of updating. How can you check afterwards that you got the correct version installed/updated, any specific version number I should have?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar