Here's how to fully restore to factory win8,1 bing + android 4.4

Here's how to fully restore to factory win8,1 bing + android 4.4

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Here's how to fully restore to factory win8,1 bing + android 4.4

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tukull
    Participant

after weeks of searching and reading various forums, finally i stumbled into some russian forums, this dude had made a backup, actually, two backups of his hi8 emmc images.

you need : powered usb hub with 4 ports, mice, keyboard, pen drive, usb hard drive/ portable.

step 1: browse to the russian 4pda forum here

image attached, click the link in the blue box.

this will redirects you to google sharing site, there are two downloads, macrium and paragon.

click on the hi8_macrium link, download the <span class=”uc-name-size”>HI8_macrium_backup.zip (6.9GB)</span>

after download complete, the zip inside contains two files, extract them into one folder to your USB hard drive/ portable.

step 2. download macrium 32 bit ( download trial) , yes you need 32bit windows to create bootable 32 bit uefi for hi8.

download macrium here

run the macrium installer, select trial>home, 32-bit components reflect installer and PE components, see the image attached.

installer needs to download 580MB of data before actually runs.

after download completes, click trial 30 day to install ( or something like that, i forgot)

step 3: connect your usb pen drive, 4gb is enough i think.

format with windows explorer, fat32.

step 4: in macrium, other tasks>>> create bootable rescue media.

a window will pop up, click PE version, choose the windows PE 5.0 version.

click next, you will see a list of your usb devices connected

click next again, choose PE architecture 32bit, and default base WIM

then select your usb pen drive.

completed creating your macrium usb rescue pen drive.

step 5 : connect mice, keyboard, the pen drive, and the portable hard drive containing macrium files to your tablet ( must use powered hub to ensure error-free while restoring )

step 6: restart your tablet, enter boot manager (esc key when tablet restarts showing chuwi logo), choose boot manager, then choose UEFI USB.

step 7: tablet will automatically load macrium application

select browse for images, browse to your portablet hard drive/ folder containing those 2 mmirg files.

select the Cxxxxxxxxxxxxx-00-00.mmirg file. not the 00-01.

select restore. a window will pop up, click select a disk to restore, choose the GPT1 (29.22GB)

on the second table, delete all partitions one by one, until empty.

click next, and click finish.

the restoring procedure took about 15 minutes for me, with 18 steps detailed on-screen.

after complete, close macrium app and reboot (tiny icon on lower left), don’t forget to unplug everything as the tablet reboots, including mice, hdd, keyboard. we don’t want to add useless drivers upon entering windows.

the windows is version 8.1 bing, connect to internet and click activate. remove those leftover apps on desktop via control panel.

complete.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Brad Barlow
    Participant

Doing this now, ill let you all know how it goes…

EDIT: Worked for both windows and android partitions. However I had to wait for android to boot into the bootloader and wipe cache for it to work.

So overall, good guide, thanks.

EDIT2: Cant get the touchscreen working on the windows side.

izak
    Participant

this should be pinned if it works, im waiting my micro usb hub to try this, looks easy by the way thanks for the effort.

Guy Dviri
    Participant

Thanks you very much for this guide man !!

it’s help me finally succeed install only android on this device ,using this guide with this little extra.

Cheers.

ivom242
    Participant

It works, but

1. no touch, easily fixed
    2. cannot activate! MS hotline no luck either
    wilmafingerdo
    Participant

I ran into this, the 8.1 Bing Core looks for key in SLIC table, but on these and other of these tablets, its in the wrong place in the BIOS.  You need to put the $OEM$ folder into the image you are using to self activate.  After install its too late to put in the key with 8.1 Bing, it must be done in a certain phase during setup.  Try making the installer from a vanilla 8.1 bing (I used Murphy78’s off TPB) and put the $OEM$ into it under sources folder

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57880-Multi-OEM-Project

after install it booted up activated.

chuwidu
    Participant

hi guys, just wanna say: THANKS! especially to tukull

chuwidu
    Participant

hi guys, just wanna say: THANKS! especially to tukull!
    yeah, I played with ubuntu and destroyed the partition. After this action it was impossible to use the normal flash way. Therefore: thanks again!

(I can play with ubuntu now as much I like ? ah tip: If the start usb works – make an iso and save it.)

Kovács Zoltán
    Participant

so if I delete android from my tablet I can bring it back with this tool. Right? Is this working with win10 too?

Chuman
    Participant

Hello Forum Members
    I am trying to restore Android on my Chuwi Hi8 Tablet, but I am not getting any clues where to start
    I regret removing the Partition and reinstalling Windows to get good space
    But Now I seriously need android back
    Please help

Chuman
    Participant

Guys from the Chuwi Maricum Image backup
    The second image CFB7BF8A5EECD5E5-00-01.mrimg is corrupt, the zip download extracted without any errors
    I also tried to extract the file CFB7BF8A5EECD5E5-00-01.mrimg with 7zip but it gives error
    Header error

Can anyone upload the Working file to Google Drive or others please help

Peter
    Participant

Hi guys.

Does anyone have the HI8_macrium_backup.zip?
    The link is dead :/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar