HI8 Bios (real) – and the GPS

HI8 Bios (real) – and the GPS

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion HI8 Bios (real) – and the GPS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hello there,

Recently I got into the BIOS of the tablet, yes, the one which you would expect on a desktop PC. [suprisingly a mouse cursor showed up in the bios, when I plugged in my mouse, and I could use it!] What I found was TONS of options for the GPU (memory use, turbo clocks, thermal setting etc.), some CPU options, boot management, security settings, and most importantly, the device manager.

I’ve attached the picture of the device manager, but take a peek at the GPS… –> Disabled. So it has a GPS in it it’s just disabled, and I couldn’t find any methold to enable it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I got this far to, seems the Broadcom GPS is all there . Just bios disabled for some unknown reason, but I think it could be missing the antenna for it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Jez
    Participant

I got this far to, seems the Broadcom GPS is all there . Just bios disabled for some unknown reason, but I think it could be missing the antenna for it.

Isnt that the GPS antenna in the teardown video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2cyHSRLw7w

Walt Stutler
    Participant

GPS is working on mine in Windows 8 but I haven’t found any software that works relablywith it

Jimmy Lee
    Participant

Are there ways to enable gps under Android?
    there’s more gps software under Android than in window.

Adrian
    Participant

Hi

I tried almost anything to be able to get one sattelite- NO LUCK!

win 8 GNSS 4752 all the driver+ centrafuse localizer+other softwares

win 10 all the driver+ centrafuse localizer+other softwares

I think that the gps is blocked from the bios and the unrelably gps is from WIFI.

So please,

HELP!

Zoltan Arvai
    Participant

In the bios you can see realtek WiFi and Bluetooth, but in the Os you can find Broadcom. So the bios was probably created for a different tablet they just reused it for the Hi8.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar