No OTG function with W3F. Need root.

No OTG function with W3F. Need root.

TechTablets Forums PiPo Forums Pipo W3/W3F Discussion No OTG function with W3F. Need root.

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Werner
    Participant

Hello!

I need root access on my W3F but I’m not able to connect it to a PC. When I plug in a cable nothing happens. Tried many different cables and four different PCs with Win7, Win8.1, WinXP and Ubuntu 14.04.

Changeing the options in BIOS “enable OTG” and “VBUS” didn’t make any difference in all combinations.

Also I tried many different apps for rooting without PC.

Can anyone help me? It’s really annoying.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English ;=)

Nils
    Participant

You can try the following, but backup your data, it shouldn’t but can kill your partitions so you need to reinstall windows and android.

Also I am not responsible if there is any damage.

Download the dual flash image from techtablet (Download -> Pipo -> Pipo W3f -> <span class=”cat”>Dual Boot Bios Android Rom & Win8.1 Image)</span> Download all Packages and extract them.

Copy the files in android(2) onto your sd card.

Download this .zip (http://www.file-upload.net/download-11040827/Desktop.zip.html)
    and replace the files onto your sd card.

Connect Keyboard go into bios Head to Save & Exit bios menu and then Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device.

What does this files do?

It should boot the cwm recovery from another Bay Trail Tablet so it also should work on this one. If it works you can install a .zip file in cwm which can be the supersu package for root (https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip)

Would be nice if you come back and report because I am planning to buy the tablet but without root I can also not use it.

Werner
    Participant

Thanks, Nils.

There must be other ways to root this device. I don’t want to build a spaceship out of my tablet.

I think, when I find a possibility (perhaps the right BIOS settings?) to connect it to a PC all would be fine.

Kevin
    Participant

I gave this process a shot because I as well wanted to get Android rooted.  It was able to rewrite recovery but booting from it gave poor results.  Half the screen was garbled and then the regular recovery options were there… surprised it even functioned.

Has anyone been able to get root any other way?  I will be tinkering with some BIOS settings later.

EDIT: By the way, Android stayed intact but I did lose access to Windows because of the pre-existing issue of booting into Droidboot.  For those that don’t know, just booting into Droidboot does something to multi-boot process and removes the Windows option.  I’m going to try to figure out what exactly it does in a hope to avoid a Windows re-install.

Werner
    Participant

With Paragon ExtFS for Windows I can read and write the Android partitions when Windows is running. But still have no idea how to get root access.

Blondak
    Participant

I have sucesslufy rooted Pipo W3F using simple script and linux (Clonezilla x86_64 version) , you will ned USB keyboard

1. Download Clonezilla
    2. Extract to FAT32 formated USB
    3. extract mkroot.zip to same USB stick
    4. Enter bios and boot UEFI from USB
    5. select language and keymap
    6. Select “Enter_Shell”
    7. “cmd – Enter command line prompt”
    8. type cd /lib/live/mount/media/mkroot
    9. type sh mkroot.sh
    10. type exit
    11. press Esc and in Choose mode select reboot
    12. boot into android and install Chainfire SuperSU from play store
    13. start SuperSu and update su binary in standard mode
    14. you have sucesfully rooted your device

This can be (probably),with some modifications (you must edit script and mount proper partitions), used on most x86 android devices which are able boot from USB

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Werner
    Participant

Hi Blondak,

I don’t get that fu…g Stick to boot Clonezilla. But I still have a Lubuntu 15.10 running from USB in persistent mode. Would it be possible to run your script in a terminal with Lubuntu?

Thank you!

Blondak
    Participant

I think, one will work without problem, but script must be run with root privileges,…

Werner
    Participant

I will give it a try.

How did you create your clonezilla stick?

Werner
    Participant

It works now. Lubuntu did not find the partitions, so I installed Clonezilla on another USB drive.
    Here are some hints:
    – My USB drive was created with LiLi (Linux Live Creator) in the Windows of the W3F.
    – The correct path is cd /lib/live/mount/medium/mkroot
    – The script must be executed with sudo and there is no message when it is run properly.
    I thank you very much for your work. So the Android OS of the tablet is finally usable.

Blondak
    Participant

You can just extract ZIP file (clonezilla) to FAT32 formated USB stick, it will boot via UEFI,…

Blondak
    Participant

ot, later in android you can install busybox symlinks from terminal using

su –
    mount /system -o rw,remount
    busybox –install -s /system/xbin

Wim
    Participant

It has also succeeded. Thanks for the info

Kevin
    Participant

Also worked smoothly for me!  Awesome.  Thanks Blondak!!!!

Davebert
    Participant

Fantastic bit of info, it worked with the corrected path and sudo command.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar