Remix os 2.0

Remix os 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mark stainsby
    Participant

Hi,

anybody managed to get the android remix os booting from usb? http://www.jide.com/en/remixos

i cant get it to boot from usb even though i select my usb 3.0 device as first boot from the bios.  i read somewhere that secure boot should be disabled but i cant see an option from within the bios to change secure boot settings

got it working on my pipo x7 so should be a breeze on the hi10

this could be a game changer!!

Thijs S.
    Participant

I cant seem to get it to work as well, I am able to boot but after the “looking for android x86” i just got a lit backlight, and nothing much else happening.

I can tell the usb drive is blinking so there is some proccesing going on though.

Looks to me as a driver problem with the remix os.

If anybody got it working I would love to see a guide!

thanks@!

Valentin
    Participant

Hi guys !

I don’t have the Chuwi HI10 anymore, but it could help you

In order to get it work on my MacBook Pro Retina I Had to do this :

Connect your USB Key in the PC

Lauch Admin CMD and type :

Diskpart

List disk

[Look for you USB key and take the disk number]

Select disk (you disk number, without “()”)

Clean (/!\ It will wipe your USB Stick/!\)

Create partition primary

Active

Format fs=fat32 quick

Assign

Exit

Exit

Now you start the Remix OS’s utility and use it to copy the iso to your USB Key

It worked for me, I hope it will work for you

Thijs S.
    Participant

Very kind of you to write this guide!
    the problem was not to get the iso on the usb drive (for me at least) but the problem lies in the non-stop black screen when the android and remixos logo should appear as it does on my desktop for instance.

Somebody said that disableing the internal vga in the bios does the job, I did not try this.

Lupo
    Participant

but the problem lies in the non-stop black screen when the android and remixos logo should appear as it does on my desktop for instance. Somebody said that disableing the internal vga in the bios does the job, I did not try this.

the same problem if you try to run Ubuntu Linux from USB flash … just black screen

Laura
    Participant

remix os will never boot as-is on this tablet because that image is not UEFI compatible.

you’ll have to get the android-x86 64bit UEFI image and fiddle around to replace the content with remix os’… some dude did it somewhere in the remix os subreddit…

Valentin
    Participant

remix os will never boot as-is on this tablet because that image is not UEFI compatible. you’ll have to get the android-x86 64bit UEFI image and fiddle around to replace the content with remix os’… some dude did it somewhere in the remix os subreddit…

Hi Laura,

I heard this too on remix’s website (for the uefi), is there no option in the bios in order to boot in legacy bios ?

Luis
    Participant

Hi, I got to run Linux Mint the other day, I could pass the black screen.

You need to chage the order boot in  te bios, you connect a keyboard and press del while you turn on the tablet. In the bios changes the boot order and put the first the usb. Download the iso, mount and copy the files to an USB stick, reboot with this USB and a keyboard connect. When the tablet starts, you can see a boot selection, you need to select safe mode, in the normal mode you’ll get a black screen. When you select safe mode you’ll see a lot of words, and you have to wait a long time to linux load. When linux finishes load, you’ll see a error, press enter until the error dissapear, then, you have linux, but in command line mode (whithout X). If you want to run X mode, you need to chage a littel configuration. Write in the console “sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf” and press enter, this will open a text editor and you need to find the line with the driver. In this line you have to change “vesa” by “intel”, press CTRL + O to save the changes and CTRL + X to exit. Now, only need to execute “sudo service mdm restart” and the X server will start.

EDIT: I forgot it, you need the 64 bits iso, and dont working nothing (touchscreen, wifi, sdcard…)

Sorry for my english, I’m spanish and I’m studing english now.

Hahn Robin
    Participant

Hi!

I managed to get working Remix OS 2.0 on Hi10. I putted it to a USB 2.0 pendrive but It’s working okay, just you cannot ‘install’ it because it’s slow. You can use USB 3.0 drive but I doesn’t have one laying around now. You can only use guest mode and you need to connect a screen with HDMI and when you select guest mode you need to wait for around 5 to 10 minutes. After that you will see the Remix OS logo on the external screen. I have the V300 model and it’s seems that the Remix OS doesn’t support the Realtek wifi. I don’t remember if it’s support the touch screen or not.

Robin

(Sorry for my bad English! 🙁 )

Thijs S.
    Participant

@hahn Robin, I want to thank you for this!

This seems to mean that the screen of the chuwi itself does not work under linux because it does not project the right screen to it

Does anybody of you know how to change the direction of the output toward the internal screen via Grub commands or something?!

I do not have that kind of experiance ::((

Greetings. from Amsterdam!

Mark stainsby
    Participant

Great news on getting hi10 to run remix. Why wouldn’t it work on tablet screen?

Did you download legacy or uefi image?

Did you change any bios settings?

Hahn Robin
    Participant

I downloaded the UEFI image and with the included program simply writed it to the flash drive. No, I doesnt changed anything. When its turned on then I just pressed F7 and from the list I choosed the flash drive.

Greetings from Hungary!

Robin

John Whitworth
    Participant

So is the WiFi adapter the only issue? Could we just use a USB WiFi adapter and have a fully functional Remix OS?

Hahn Robin
    Participant

If you dont need the built in screen and the touch sensor then yes…

Eric
    Participant

Hello. Just installed new remix OS on my hi10. It boots just fine. Screen does not switch to landscape mode and wifi does not work. Needs some more testing but it’s finally Android….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar