Switch Windows 10 to Android – Is It Possible? (Not Dual Boot)

Switch Windows 10 to Android – Is It Possible? (Not Dual Boot)

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Switch Windows 10 to Android – Is It Possible? (Not Dual Boot)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MiOB
    Participant

Hi all,

OK, so we’re probably not going to see Chuwi’s first batches of Hi8 Pro ever receive Dual Boot.

But, is it anywhere possible to simply replace single-boot’s Windows 10 to Android?

Many thanks for any guidance. 🙂

MiOB
    Participant

Guys… no one has any experience with it? :-/

Vedran
    Participant

I haven’t seen anyone reporting that they have successfully done it, in the past half year that I’m following Hi8 Pro related forums.
    Perhaps single OS cannot be transformed into android only. There’s also a good chance that single OS and dual OS tablets are different inside.

MiOB
    Participant

Yes, indeed, I have been following it too, but as far as I had noticed – most of the talk is about converting the single-OS into dual-OS one.

I only wish to get rid of Windows 10 and install the Android ROM on it.

If I enable the hidden features of the BIOS, then there are some Android settings there.

I wish I had better knowledge of it, so I would could think of a way to burn it and amend these settings.

MiOB
    Participant

If only someone could figure out an alternative way to burn the Android ROM onto the tablet.

I assume that the BIOS of the single boot tablet hasn’t DNX fastboot mode burned in it, therefore it’s impossible the usual way.

Is there another way to burn the ROM perhaps? I wouldn’t mind trying and taking a risk.

Vedran
    Participant

There’s a great chance of bricking it. But hey, you could do it… for science? Seriously, unless you have one of those professional programmator thingies, don’t even try.

MiOB
    Participant

Why would you assume it would brick it? I ask naturally.

I mean, obviously this BIOS supports Android by itself, does it not? what it lacks support of is the dual booting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar