TWRP, root & CyanogenMod 12.1 for Chuwi Vi10/Hi10 Plus & Hi10/Hibook Pro

TWRP, root & CyanogenMod 12.1 for Chuwi Vi10/Hi10 Plus & Hi10/Hibook Pro

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion TWRP, root & CyanogenMod 12.1 for Chuwi Vi10/Hi10 Plus & Hi10/Hibook Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Konsta
    Participant

Here’s my TWRP 3.0.2-0 build for Chuwi Vi10 Plus. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/TWRP/

Here’s how to disable dm-verity and root Remix OS/stock Android. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-disable-dmverity/

Also built CyanogenMod 12.1 for the device. Everything I’ve tested so far is working but I’m still going to test it for couple of days before releasing a build.

Edit. My CyanogenMod 12.1 build available here. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM12.1/

Edit2. Confirmed working on Chuwi Hi10 Plus as well.

Edit3. And Hi10 Pro.

Edit4. Also works on Hibook Pro with a compatibility patch.

Edit5. CyanogenMod 13. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13/

Francis
    Participant

Thank you so much!! I’ve done recovery, backup, dm-verity, root, and quickly tried Cm12.1 (great, except for audio through HDMI). I’ve got a problem: it gets stuck on “Chuwi logo” when I restore backup of RemixOs (tried also to wipe data/cache). Not so bad as I like more Cm12.1, but I’ll look for a solution.

Any chances for Cm13/14?

Konsta
    Participant

Thank you so much!! I’ve done recovery, backup, dm-verity, root, and quickly tried Cm12.1 (great, except for audio through HDMI). I’ve got a problem: it gets stuck on “Chuwi logo” when I restore backup of RemixOs (tried also to wipe data/cache). Not so bad as I like more Cm12.1, but I’ll look for a solution. Any chances for Cm13/14?

Most likely because of dm-verity.

If you’ve created ‘System Image’ backup in TWRP (before modifying /system in any way) and restored it, it should still work with dm-verity enabled. If you created regular ‘System’ backup, you need to flash the boot image that disables dm-verity again (as it likely wasn’t already included in your TWRP backup). You can also fastboot flash stock system and boot images if you want to get back to dm-verity enabled stock Remix OS.

There’s no kernel source available for this device and Intel platform is not as well documented as e.g. Qualcomm’s. There’s bunch of prebuilt binary drivers I have to use and even some HALs (audio, display) that I know is going to be a problem. CM12.1 is relatively easy to bring up as it’s still the same Android version as stock. Moving forward is not so easy. CM13/CM14 is not in top of my list of things to do but I’ll probably give it a shot some time.

Francis
    Participant

Thanks! It worked with system/boot flashed on fastboot, while restoring system and/or system image backup, didn’t work. (It seems the problem is Twrp recovery, if I flash it, it get’s stuck on Chuwi logo!! So no Twrp, no root.)

Cm12.1 runs well, fast, zero drain problems on screen off, even if Android System voice on battery stats, appears to be always active, but it’s ok. Waiting for audio through HDMI fix, if possible. Sad to hear maybe no Cm13/14.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Konsta
    Participant

Thanks! It worked with system/boot flashed on fastboot, while restoring system and/or system image backup, didn’t work. (It seems the problem is Twrp recovery, if I flash it, it get’s stuck on Chuwi logo!! So no Twrp, no root.) Cm12.1 runs well, fast, zero drain problems on screen off, even if Android System voice on battery stats, appears to be always active, but it’s ok. Waiting for audio through HDMI fix, if possible. Sad to hear maybe no Cm13/14. Thanks again for your hard work!

TWRP works just fine. I’ve created/restored several backups without a problem.

Like said, your issue is most likely caused by dm-verity. It’s a great security feature but not so much if you want to hack your device. If you change even single byte on /system partition, your device refuses to boot. That’s also why you need to flash full system image even you want to get back to dm-verity enabled stock (fastboot flash system image or restore raw ‘System Image’ backup of untouched system – restoring regular file based system backup won’t work).

TWRP has option to keep system mounted read only. You should keep this option until you’ve flashed the boot image that disables dm-verity. Stock firmware has script (/system/bin/install-recovery.sh) that would overwrite TWRP with stock recovery. TWRP normally changes permission on that script to prevent this from happening. Even that permission change is enough to trigger dm-verity and device will refuse to boot. So actually you also need to flash the boot image that disables dm-verity if you want to have TWRP on recovery partition. You can only fastboot boot TWRP recovery image with dm-verity enabled.

swanknation
    Participant

Will this work on the original Vi10?

Konsta
    Participant

Will this work on the original Vi10?

No. Vi10 has Bay Trail chipset.

Peet
    Participant

Good afternoon Gents,

I got a Chuwi Vi10 Pro as a gift today…but as i see there is only Remix OS preinstalled. (No dual boot.) It is a very good operation system but i would like to use Win10 too. Is there any possibility to extend?

Could i do some magic to install Win 10 and Remix OS too?

Thank you for the help.

Konsta
    Participant

Good afternoon Gents, I got a Chuwi Vi10 Pro as a gift today…but as i see there is only Remix OS preinstalled. (No dual boot.) It is a very good operation system but i would like to use Win10 too. Is there any possibility to extend? Could i do some magic to install Win 10 and Remix OS too? Thank you for the help.

Did you mean Vi10 Plus? Vi10 Pro is older Bay Trail device with Android 4.4 and Windows 8.1 dual-boot.

Yes, it’s possible to install Windows 10 on Vi10 Plus but AFAIK you’ll need a licence to activate it. Dual-boot Windows&RemixOS/stock Android/CM12.1 is possible as well as single boot Windows or RemixOS/stock Android/CM12.1.
    http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2116-1-1.html

Peet
    Participant

Thank you.

Sorry yes i mean Plus. Here is the mentioned machine.

BR.

Peet

Francis
    Participant

I’ve installed the latest Cm12.1, cause I was not able to achieve root on RemixOs, but that’s ok as I like fast and debloated OS :D!
    I hope Android 6.0.1 can be ported from this tablet http://techtablets.com/2016/10/details-teclast-tbook-16-power-z8750-tablet/
    Thanks for your work!

Konsta
    Participant

I’ve installed the latest Cm12.1, cause I was not able to achieve root on RemixOs, but that’s ok as I like fast and debloated OS :D! I hope Android 6.0.1 can be ported from this tablet http://techtablets.com/2016/10/details-teclast-tbook-16-power-z8750-tablet/ Thanks for your work!

Porting 6.0 from some other device is not going to happen. It’s an impossible task with no kernel source and all the prebuilt binary drivers you’d have to use.

I just started working with CM13 last weekend. Already made some good progress (wifi, audio, av hw decoding/encoding, sensors, etc) but there’s still plenty of major issues remaining. Camera is going to be a major PITA no surprise. Bluetooth is going to cause trouble as well. Also issue with houdini and a strange wakelock that prevents the device from entering deep sleep. No ETAs as usual.

Francis
    Participant

That’s awesome, hope to flash a test build soon, thank you!

Konsta
    Participant

First CyanogenMod 13 (Android 6.0.1) build out. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13/

Francis
    Participant

Thanks! Confirmed that doesn’t go in deep sleep mode, also with battery saver turned on. The rom runs pretty well, but for me it’s unusable, due to a big issue with Wi-FI, connecting and disconnecting every some seconds. With Remix and Cm12.1 was always stable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar