Unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery, root android, on Chuwi Hi10

Unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery, root android, on Chuwi Hi10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery, root android, on Chuwi Hi10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tikilou
    Participant

Hi, after many researches, i’ve found a way to install TWRP recovery and root android on Hi10 tablet, except touchscreen, it’s seems be almost the same hardware & software of the HiBook.

Warning : unlocking the bootloader gonna delete all your system files and data of android, make a backup of all your data/apps before doing it !

First, you need :

-Your Chuwi Hi10 flashed for DualOS

-Your computer with Linux Ubuntu 16.04 (with adb-android-tools and adb-fastboot tools installed) or Windows 10

-µSDcard inside the tablet

-USB Mouse

-Time

Download (extract alls files on theses folders on the same directory) / (password archives is “osremix.com”) :

TWRP recovery and Supersu => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/twrp-recovery-supersu_chuwi-hi10.7z

The system.img original of Android for Chuwi Hi10 => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/android_5.1_stock_chuwi_Hi10-DualOS-CWI515-Q64G421605XXXXX.7z

Drivers adb/fastboot for Windows (not needed on Ubuntu 16.04) => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/chuwi_hi10_drivers_adb-fastboot-win8&10.7z

ADB and Fastboot softwares for Windows (not needed on Ubuntu 16.04) => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/adb-fastboot_chuwi-hi10.7z

First, you have to boot on bootloader mode, on the selection screen with Android and Windows logos, press Vol+ for running Android and just after (quickly),  press and holdVol+ and Vol- together until the bootloader screen appears.

After that, put your tablet on the cable USB connect to your computer, and execute theses commands lines :

Go to your directory :

“cd the_directory_of_files”

“fastboot devices”

“fastboot oem unlock”

(The bootloader gonna be unlocked, and all the system, data, including internal memory of Android, will be losted ! It does not affect WINDOWS or external SDcard.)

For restoring system partition, execute :

“fastboot flash system system.img”

And finally, press the power button of your tablet to confirm reboot on the system, when the system is booted, and screen welcome options configured, execute theses commands for disable the security of files systems (otherwise the tablet gonna stuck on chuwi logo during Android boot) :

“adb devices”

“adb root”

“adb remount”

“adb disable-verity”

After that, reboot android, and we gonna prepare all files needed for load (without install) the TWRP recovery and inject Supersu inside Android.

“adb push UPDATE-SuperSU.zip /sdcard/”

“adb shell mkdir /sdcard/TWRP > nul”

“adb push .twrps /sdcard/TWRP/ > nul”

And we reboot in bootloader mode

“adb reboot bootloader” (or hold Vol+&Vol- together just after Android boot screen choice)

And we booting in ram TWRP :

“fastboot devices”

“fastboot boot chuwi-hi10-TWRP-recovery.img”

The TWRP Recovery will be launched, connect your USB Mouse on ther USB 2.0 port of Hi10, and swipe for confirm read-write access of internal memory, and go install/flash “UPDATE-SuperSU.zip”, then reboot ! 😉

If SuperSU app appears on your list apps, you have successfully rooted your android system of Chuwi Hi10 Tablet ! =D

If you want it, you can flash TWRP recovery for replace the original recovery, but you won’t be able to install android updates by Chuwi without restoring the original recovery.

“fastboot flash recovery chuwi-hi10-TWRP-recovery.img”

If you want to revert, install the original recovery :

“fastboot flash recovery chuwi-hi10-original-recovery.img”

And voilà ! You have access at TWRP recovery and Root on your tablet !

The next steps gonna be deodex/xposed/customs roms/kernels on Chuwi Hi10 with the easy way of TWRP recovery ! 🙂

Scalpos
    Participant

Thank you Tikilou for sharing this !

Ivo
    Participant

I can’t seem to open the SuperSU and TWRP .7z file. It’s corrupted somehow (i’ve redownloaded it a couple of times just to be sure)

Can you reupload that one :)?

Tikilou
    Participant
    zak
    Participant

Hi

My supersu work well on boot but whene i use app who ask for root permission like busybox my supersu stop working and ask for binary

Mik
    Participant

Thanks for this share

I have sucessfully root my Hi10 🙂

Frank
    Participant

I don’t use Linux

Any alternative ?

Thanks

pawel
    Participant

Hello, I got root but wifi and bluetooth not working, please help

Niko
    Participant

Can you help me root my chuwi hi10 dual os? I dont know where to put the files? On sd card? and what to computer? What does command line mean(cmd on pc?)

EDIT: can some tell me step by step what to do? this guide seems to be missing parts…

jepe8645
    Participant

Hello,
    I have always problems to open SuperU and TWRP files, not possible with 7 zip, neither with Winrar. I would like to open the 2 files put by Tikilou on the 25th of June, which seem to be the more recent ones. Thank for your help. I trust this device and am confident to solve my problem, which is to connect the 4G Huawei 3372 usb key on Android.

I achieved to connect it with Windows, but not with android. I use PPP widget 2 to make the connection done, but it asks me root mode. It’s why I critically need to root my tablet.  Thanks a lot for your help, beginning by providing the 2 files in an openable format.

jepe8645
    Participant

Hello,
    I managed dowloading the files, especially by typing the password (osremix.com) in the settings of 7zip (I didn’t see at first time that there was a zone in 7zip where to type the password).

I have put all the files OR folders originated from the download in a unique directory, just under C:\ . The problem is that I don’t see the executable files fastboot devices, fastboot oem unlock,…. Have they been renamed, are they under another name ?  Thanks for your help !

Bab Bao
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for this practical guide!

I have some troubles with fasboot commands, since most of them result in the following message: “Failed to get partition [partition_name]: Not Found”.

The device is a Onda V80 and I wanted to root it, but I am now stuck in a bootloop, unable to even flash system.img.

Do someone ever faced this?

Thank for your help!

jepe8645
    Participant

Hello,
    For which Chuwi-Hi10 is your TWRP : http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/twrp-recovery-supersu_chuwi-hi10.7z ?

Is it for Hi10 Pro, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 10″ (neither Pro nor Plus) ? I hope it is for all models.

I have this one : https://www.amazon.com/CHUWI-10-Inch-Tablet-1-44GHz-Windows/dp/B01CPIN8LM/ref=sr_1_4

Thanks for your answer

Kshitij Joshi
    Participant

I have a Chuwi Hi10 pro. I have tried to install every possible driver. Still I can’t connect the tablet in adb or fastboot mode. Please help.

mayer
    Participant

thank you bro you make my day root don

need more details but wonderful thank u

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar