very bad sound quality x98 pro

very bad sound quality x98 pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum very bad sound quality x98 pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    alloca
    Participant

has anyone else noticed a very clear sound quality loss in the pr0 vs air II?

got my new pro today and i did compare the sound with my old air II.

the result, almost half the volume and much worse quality.

is my tablet broken or is this how things are now?

Ilya
    Participant

Check “Disable System Effects” in Speaker Properties System Effects tab.

Coldreboot
    Participant

U can use surface 3 audio drivers. It will be better.

Shade
    Participant

Any idea where to get those Surface 3 audio drivers? I can only find the Pro 3 drivers at MS and I didn’t see any MS drivers here.

Edit: I think I found it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49040

Shade
    Participant

Works, though you have to manually unzip and install via the update driver – have disk dialog. At least I did.

Pick the driver from March instead of May. Its older but has a higher version number.

My volume is now more than loud enough to watch movies, though it distorts above volume 66 or so for me. But I also disabled the equalizer. That gave the sound more body but also made it overdrive more easily.

Chris
    Participant

Are we talking about the external speakers or the headphones? My headphones pop and lose sound every so often. I was led to believe one of these might fix that problem so I have order one to see what happens

Milosz
    Participant

guys this subject should be pinned…. great tip…. audio drivers from Microsoft surface 3 working great…thx for info …finaly loudspeakers

Steve
    Participant

Hey guys, excuse me if I am being stupid here (it happens).

I tried updating the drivers with the ones in the link and it always tells me that I already have the latest, what am I doing wrong?

XaviH
    Participant

Hey guys, excuse me if I am being stupid here (it happens). I tried updating the drivers with the ones in the link and it always tells me that I already have the latest, what am I doing wrong?

I uploaded Audio driver alone here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cua9r3957ra460/Audio.rar

You only need to update driver “Intel SST Audio driver”, it is found under Sound, video and game controllers.

After hitting update driver, choose browse then let me pick then browse to folder HDAudio. Choose the first on the list appears.

Thanks coldreboot for pointing this out, sound is excellent now

Coldreboot
    Participant

Np. Some people have problem with WiFi(low power of signal). Drivers from surface 3 also solve this problem 😉

mooms
    Participant

Be very careful with these drivers !

I have installed them on my X98 Pro, tested a youtube video, sound was great, I pumped the volume to hear the limit,  then bam, tablet shutdown itself.

I think the tablet is bricked now….

edit: I have managed to restart the tablet and I have restored the previous versions of this sound driver.

The warning remains…

Coldreboot
    Participant

U can download drivers from Microsoft.com and unzip manually, it works fine)

mooms
    Participant

I have used those posted by XaviH, but I suppose they are the same.

I think the current is too high with these drivers, hence the tablet shutdown instantly.

XaviH
    Participant

That’s weird

I just watched 7 minutes on YouTube volume 100 and brightness 50%. Watched some movies last week (about 5 hours) through hdmi out, volume 100 and never had a problem

Steve
    Participant

mooms can I quickly check if you have updated the bios recently?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar