X80 Plus Cherry Trail Dual Boot Root

X80 Plus Cherry Trail Dual Boot Root

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion X80 Plus Cherry Trail Dual Boot Root

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gates007
    Participant

Hello all, hope someone can help me.  I apologize if this has been covered but I have searched and can not find the topic.  I have just brought the x80 plus win 10/ android 5.1 tablet but I have tried all the one-click and can not root it.  I came across this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096

But unfortunately I can not get it to work.  Do you have any method I am able to use?

Gates007
    Participant

Thanks.  I also found this thread and google translate to try it out.  It worked, except the last part where SU continue to requested to be update but it always failed.  However, it appears to be rooted as I can use Titanium Backup. Have you tried and were you able to complete the last step? Thanks

Dimitri
    Participant

https://mega.nz/#F!RpUDlbLb

It asks for a decryption key

Im trying to use google play, but it asks for the user and password from google over and over. I cannot pass the “checking info” screen. I want to get rid of all the junk e make it as vanilla as possible.

Robert o’donnell
    Participant
    1. Okay, after some problems I managed to get X80 plus to boot Gparted live USB stick and redo the partition tables. The nasty thing here was that my microsoft mouse & keyboard did not work properly.. But logitech mouse + keyboard did. Go figure. MS mouse worked, but very badly e.g. mouse button would not work! Now Gparted goes out of their way to be difficult and won’t let you save anything on the USB stick you’re using to boot from. Come on now guys.. Even after remounting /dev/SDA1 as rw you can’t write anything to the mounting point, not even as root. And changing permissions didn’t work either. I guess if I wanted to force the issue I could have tried changing ownership but instead I just put another stick in and saved backups of the GPT in there. Rebooting took a long time but eventually android did come up as expected. I didn’t manage to get to the factory reset part in recovery mode. I forgot about the power + volume up deal to open the actual recovery menu.. But it would have been in chinese anyways. Some notes: It’s not necessary to use the gparted version this guy has, just get universal USB installer and gparted live image for amd64. This is also very much a destructive progress capable of bricking your tablet. What the chinese instructions glossed over is that there is a number of partitions you have to delete, starting with the android data partition. After this you won’t be able to boot into windows but presumably you could get the teclast windows installation files and redo it. If you flash the stock rom afterwards, it’ll use the default gpt.bin which will presumably either a) restore default partition with only 5GB for Android or b) muck things up. So better to rename that in hopes no bad things happen if it’s missing.

Robert o’donnell
    Participant

Im having problems with gparted. I can boot to gparted an get as far as select vga mode then it goes blank screen then comes up with some writing ( sorry not got tablet at the minute) then hangs. Also do i need to backup or rename gpt if im not reflashing android?
    Thanks in advance

Robert o’donnell
    Participant

Yes i got all files from your mega share. Was throwing up some error about usb stick. Reformated stick and tried agian . after a few fails due to more space than on description, ive finally got it done. Its just rebooted.
    So thank you for your help with this.
    Much appreciated

Jim
    Participant

hello i do the steps with the commands the tablet goes to recovery mode but when i type this command

fastboot flash boot boot.img it says me that “error  cannot load boot.img ” what can i do?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar