Xiaomi Mi5S and Mi5S plus

Xiaomi Mi5S and Mi5S plus

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve just ordered this two flagship mobiles to review here and for the YouTube channel. If you have any questions or want anything checked or answered in the reviews please let me know.

I’ll definitely be comparing the dual Mi5 Plus camera Vs the Mi5 single camera to see which is better.Right now I’m seeing if I can get a dual mobile/camera rig mount made to do a nice comparison of the two.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

M. Siddiqui
    Participant

From which website did you order it?

I cant find it on any of the websites except for jd.com where they dont accept paypal.

Frank M
    Participant

Cool. I’m looking forward for your review on mi 5s plus. With pixel XL priced at $750+, I’m definitely going with one of these budget SD 821 phones.

Would you please comment on how the dual lens on mi 5s plus work? Maybe a comparison with redmi pro dual lens setup. Will it be able to do background blurring in video mode?(redmi pro seems the only phone in the market which is capable of video background blurring. Even the mighty iPhone 7 plus can only blur the background in photos but not video.)

Aresu
    Participant

Hope to see more videos about the new phones. I’m very excited about them and want to buy one asap, but first I want to be sure about the camera. Love my Lg G4 one, but I need the extra battery of the Xiaomi.

Cool. I’m looking forward for your review on mi 5s plus. With pixel XL priced at $750+, I’m definitely going with one of these budget SD 821 phones. Would you please comment on how the dual lens on mi 5s plus work? Maybe a comparison with redmi pro dual lens setup. Will it be able to do background blurring in video mode?(redmi pro seems the only phone in the market which is capable of video background blurring. Even the mighty iPhone 7 plus can only blur the background in photos but not video.)

Looking at what xiaomi said about the phone, it’s second camera is going to be used like the one of the Huawei P9. (emphasize the contrast with a monochrome sensor + normal one and take better B&W pics).

Chris G
    Keymaster

That right, the second camera on the Mi5S Plus will be monochrome to improve the brightness of images combining the two 13MP photos into one for best results. I’ll be comparing it to my Mi5S when my Mi5S plus arrives.

Also the new Google Pixel and the Mi5S use the exact same hardware. So they hardware is there, but Xiaomi still have a lot of work to do on the software optimization of the Mi5S’s photos I feel.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Aresu
    Participant

That right, the second camera on the Mi5S Plus will be monochrome to improve the brightness of images combining the two 13MP photos into one for best results. I’ll be comparing it to my Mi5S when my Mi5S plus arrives.

Also the new Google Pixel and the Mi5S use the exact same hardware. So they hardware is there, but Xiaomi still have a lot of work to do on the software optimization of the Mi5S’s photos I feel.

Could you try  with another camera app? It could solve the software problem.

I would like to see a close view size comparison between the 5s and the plus version.

Thanks for helping us with this chinese devices before we buy it! ?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve tried Open Camera and the bitrate is still the same and so is the quality. Seems the drivers the have for the sensor or something deeper?

I’ll have a comparison between the Mi5S and Mi5S Plus soon when my Mi5S Plus arrives.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Here’s a camera comparison Vs the S6 Edge+ You’ll see the Mi 5S is not better in low light.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Aresu
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve been watching all your videos and continue with the same doubt about the camera. Why xiaomi drivers or software make it work like that if it has the same lens as the google pixel? I wish it could work much better, specially at low light conditions. I’ll wait till I find the black 128 version available, but meanwhile I hope they improve  a bit the camera quality trough uptdates. Going to seriously miss my G4 camera with this new phone…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar