Xposed Framework Installer for X98 Air devices

Xposed Framework Installer for X98 Air devices

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Xposed Framework Installer for X98 Air devices

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TecKnight

Hot off the presses, this is my NEW Xposed Framework Installer for X98 Air devices.
    I am working on a tutorial, but it will probably take a couple of days to complete.
    Several people were wanting to install the latest update for Xposed Framework, but it was only offered as a CWM or TWRP flashable zip.
    Of course the X98 doesn’t have a custom recovery yet, so I created this installer to either update to or install V74, which is the latest XF version for Lollipop 5.0. I will continue to update this installer to the latest Xposed Framework version available for Android 5.0. as new versions become available.
    Requirements:

–A Windows host PC to run the installer on.
      –A rooted X98 Air device running Android 5.0 with busybox installed

Note: While I wrote this for X98 Air devices, this installer will work on ANY Rooted Android 5.0 x86 based device with busybox installed.
    I am currently testing a Multi-OS version that will work on Android 4.4 or 5.0.

This also installs the latest Xposed Installer android app.
    I have also included an Xposed Framework uninstaller, which will remove the Xposed framework mods (if present) and uninstall the Xposed installer.
    Both scripts create a detailed log of the installation or uninstallation and reboot the X98 when complete.
    I have tested it pretty extensively on my X98 and I did not encounter any problems.
    If you have an older version of Xposed framework already installed, you do not have to uninstall before installing the new version, just run the installer and it will update the installation.
    Download the installer archive here:
    http://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/XposedForX98Air.zip

1. Extract archive to a folder on your PC
    2. Boot your X98 into Android and connect to PC via USB.
    3. Browse to the folder and launch:

InstallXFandInstaller.bat to INSTALL the framework
      or
      RemoveXFandInstaller.bat to UNINSTALL the framework.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    steelicon
    Participant

Great! Thanks!

S0und
    Participant

Awesome, thanks!

UPDATE:

This is kinda interesting. So normally when you boot to android you will see an ‘android logo’ then it’s disappears then few sec later shows up again, and it’s up til the system fully boots. After the xposed install, i lost the “second android logo”, the screen is total black til the OS starts. The first time i kinda freaked out.

TecKnight

Awesome, thanks!

UPDATE:

This is kinda interesting. So normally when you boot to android you will see an ‘android logo’ then it’s disappears then few sec later shows up again, and it’s up til the system fully boots. After the xposed install, i lost the “second android logo”, the screen is total black til the OS starts. The first time i kinda freaked out.

I never noticed that on mine. It may only happen on the first boot after installing the framework.

What Android ROM are you running ?

is Xposed Framework working on your tablet now ?

S0und
    Participant

Awesome, thanks! UPDATE: This is kinda interesting. So normally when you boot to android you will see an ‘android logo’ then it’s disappears then few sec later shows up again, and it’s up til the system fully boots. After the xposed install, i lost the “second android logo”, the screen is total black til the OS starts. The first time i kinda freaked out.

I never noticed that on mine. It may only happen on the first boot after installing the framework. What Android ROM are you running ? is Xposed Framework working on your tablet now ?

• Mirek’s lollipop rom, 4.1 i think?
    • yes, Gravitybox works just fine.

Since the install i restarted android multiple times now (activating the modules), and the second logo i gone. But i will do a complete shutdown, when i’m back home.

TecKnight

I’m on Mirek’s V5 and I am only getting 1 android bootanimation. It runs from whenever it starts until just before the lock screen displays.

Analord
    Participant

After installing your Xposed my tablet do not start. After first “Android” logo screen is black and nothing happen. I attached log file. Android 5 Mirek v4

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Heiko
    Participant

Hi,

thx for the great work!

I call a X98 pro my own. It´s dualboot, Windows 10 and Androis 5.1. Just rooted it.

Will your installer work for me too? You said, it will work on all x86 machines, but as it is dual boot it might be different.

Thanks again and cheers,

Heiko

mooms
    Participant

This script is not working on the X98 Pro. Maybe because it is X64.

The tablet was stuck on Intel Inside logo, and no way to run the uninstaller since I can’t start Android anymore (and the fastboot menu didn’t allow me to start Android in safe mode).

I had to manually mount the partition from Windows and delete/replace all the files….

Heiko
    Participant

@ mooms

Thx for the info. If you manage to get Xposed running on the pro, i´d really appreciate a hint.

H.

mooms
    Participant

The script must be adapted for x86-64.

I don’t have the skills in Android programming, but maybe TecKnight can do that.

Ultra Bithalver
    Participant

Worked like a charm for Teclast X98 Air III. Thank you !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar