Disabled USB ports, how enable again?

Disabled USB ports, how enable again?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Disabled USB ports, how enable again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    El Vikingo Erik
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have Chuwi Vi10 32Gb tablet for 1 month. I have not any problems with it.
    But my problem is that, I wanted to format it to install only Windows 10, I enter into the BIOS and disable the USB by mistake and now I can not get into the BIOS to enable them back, because it do not recognize the official keyboard or any connecting him USB, even in Windows 8 or Android do not recognize the USB ports
    Is there any method to reset the BIOS to factory defaults or CLEAR CMOS to do otherwise?

Thanks and sorry for my English is not very good.

UserAnon
    Participant

do you still have win8.1 installed? if you do I’m your savior if not it will be really really hard.

El Vikingo Erik
    Participant

Yes, I have win8.1 and android installed. Please tell me you have a solution and you are my hero 😀

UserAnon
    Participant

All you have to do is:

1) get bios from the download section.
    2) mount EFI partition in windows.
    2.1) run cmd as admin. use diskpart. select disk 0. not sure about the partition number but it is around 100mb so that is the one. assign letter=x.
    2.2) navigate to drive x. copy the startup.nsh H2OFFT-S.efi and bios.bin to the root of the EFI partition (you will need to run the explorer as admin too)
    3) fire up PC Settings, navigate to update and recovery then choose Advanced Startup wait for the options. Choose Use a device > Internal EFI Shell

Tablet should boot in EFI startup console and there the startup should kick-in and start flashing the BIOS.

Unfortunately there is no way to reset the BIOS settings and because of the multi-selection menu of the startup you can’t actually access the BIOS. using the volume up and down will not help since it will navigate through the first column and you will not be able to even select an option.
    The only way I found was re-flashing the BIOS.

I have a Vi10 64gb and used the BIOS provided in the download section, all is OK.

Change the title and add a [FIXED] or [SOLVED] when you are done.

have fun

El Vikingo Erik
    Participant

Hi, I tried your solution, but the screen show this, I upload an image.

I copied the 3 files of the picture, don’t need copy the ifdpacker or something more?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Opty
    Participant

See this

And try to move in the prompt with the volume keys and confirm with the power button

T. Money
    Participant

If this didn’t work, let me know and using the BIOS tools for the chipset we should be able to dump the BIOS and if you can still boot to windows you can flash it.

I made a similar mistake with a previous windows tablet and this was the only solution.

UserAnon
    Participant

@Telmo: You sir are totally wrong.
    1) you can’t boot into bios via the update and recovery method. all you will accomplish is end up on the “options” menu. Been there done that
    2) you cant enter bios once in the “options” bios with no usb keyboard or usb mouse. you can press the volume up and down but all you will do is navigate through the first column you won’t be able to navigate the whole menu, also pressing the power button will do nothing. Been there done that.
    3) you can’t flash the BIOS via Windows. Here I am not 100% sure. I tried it and got an error back about a locked block.

@El Vikingo Erik: Apparently you have Secure boot enabled in UEFI. Mine came with it disabled. The error you got back is due to the fact that the H2OFFT-S.efi for some reason is not signed correctly. “The function cannot be performed due to a security violation. When Secure Boot is enabled, any UEFI application that is not digitally signed using one of the embedded Secure Boot certificates cannot run and returns a SECURITY_VIOLATION status code instead.”. So basically you have some embedded Secure Boot certificates in the current BIOS and the H2OFFT-S.efi (assuming the “-S” at the end stands for signed) is signed with a certificate that does not match the ones you have.

I can’t help you any further unfortunately.
    Possible solutions:
    1) Try to use all the files from the BIOS archive on the EFI windows partition. !!! This will disable Windows from booting and you will be stuck !!! since you can’t access the EFI partition anymore and you you can’t boot into EFI Shell.
    BUT:” Several Linux boot loaders and boot managers provide a means to reboot into the firmware setup utility. This feature isn’t supported by all EFIs, but if yours supports it”…unfortunately you can’t use them since you have no keyboard…
    BUTTTT: Maybe you can try to boot the bootia32.efi from the BOOT folder via startup.nsh and flash the BIOS…not sure how
    2) Try to get the “correct” H2OFFT-S.efi signed with the “correct” certificate. You can try posting a message here: http://bbs.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=70&page=1&filter=typeid&typeid=58 and try to explain your problem. Though I noticed they kind of ignore messages in english…

T. Money
    Participant

lol what? Why did you tag your message at me?

When did I even mention your first and second points? Relax.

“<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.5;”>3) you can’t flash the BIOS via Windows. Here I am not 100% sure. I tried it and got an error back about a locked block.”</span>

As for your third point, which you mentioned you aren’t sure about, this is exactly what I’m talking about.

It IS possible to flash your BIOS and settings using the proper AMI manufacturer tool.

I have done it with another AMI Aptio V based motherboard with an Intel Z3735/6F chipset.

But since you clearly know I’m wrong OK…

UserAnon
    Participant

@Telmo:
    1) I didn’t tag anything/anyone I was just writing a reply and there were other replies before me. It seemed sensible to split my reply so people understand to whom I am talking to.
    2) You tried this on “another AMI Aptio V based motherboard with an Intel Z3735/6F chipset.” I can’t stress enough the word another. I for one tried it on the device in question and got an error the only way to bypass it was to download an utility from a website. Can’t remember the name though. and said 100% because as you can see I was able to flash my bios and he was not.

Error:

— Flash Devices Found —
    W25Q64FV ID:0xEF6017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
    Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

UserAnon
    Participant

@El Vikingo Erik: Try to get a hold of the H2OFFT-W.EXE file and try to flash the .fd file with it…this is the best thing i can think of.

See attachment. Virus Scan for it: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/30dc7f9b2dc86c70944c44e0313e42891788ad43e5c8713fe13bc0283fea166c/analysis/ – for the exe file – unfortunately I tried to run it but you need dependecies….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    T. Money
    Participant

@Telmo:

1) I didn’t tag anything/anyone I was just writing a reply and there were other replies before me. It seemed sensible to split my reply so people understand to whom I am talking to.

Wait I thought you didn’t tag me?

@Telmo: You sir are totally wrong. 1) you can’t boot into bios via the update and recovery method. all

Uhh ok.. But I didn’t say anything about that. But ok fine, continue…

John Pipujo
    Participant

@Telmo: 1) I didn’t tag anything/anyone I was just writing a reply and there were other replies before me. It seemed sensible to split my reply so people understand to whom I am talking to.

Wait I thought you didn’t tag me?

@Telmo: You sir are totally wrong. 1) you can’t boot into bios via the update and recovery method. all

Uhh ok.. But I didn’t say anything about that. But ok fine, continue…

jajajajja this Sajuuk guy. What a clown

T. Money
    Participant

@JohnPi

yeah pretty much. just a cranky guy

El Vikingo Erik
    Participant

Thanks everyone, I’m busy in my work and I don’t have much time to try reflashing BIOS. This weekend I’m gonna try your ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar