New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jorge
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’ve got my new Chuwi Hi12 yesterday, I tried to boot but it didn’t started so I supposed the battery was completely empty. I left it charging all night, the led was blinking in orange. When I try to start it today still happen nothing, I tried to push the power button 3 times per 1 second and then hold power button for 10 seconds but once again, nothing happens..

Any solution?

Thanks

alessandro
    Participant

Have you tried to charge it with an other charger?

winston smith
    Participant

Dual boot or single boot ?

Jorge
    Participant

This evening I have been charging with an ipad charger 2.1A, everything seems to be ok, the led was blinking in orange, after a few hours the led turned to a permanent orange (not blinking, I think it means that it was fully charged) but tablet still not working when pushing the power button. It’s the Dual Boot model with serial number XXXXXX301219, I bought it from Banggood and I have sent them a few messages with videos already, I’ll let you know about the solutions they get me in the next days.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try plugging in an HMDI cable, if it works via HDMI the screen is not connected or the battery came loose and unplugged the screen ribbon cable.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Jorge
    Participant

Amazing Chris G!! I’ve connected and HDMI cable and it works!! so what to do now? how I connect the tablet panel? do you have any picture of video where I can see the steps to follow?

By the way, no answer from Banggood and Chuwi official website at the moment..

Jorge
    Participant

The Solution (I’m not responsible if you break your tablet or doesn’t work for you):

Finally I couldn’t wait so I opened the tablet and fixed it, how? let me explain for everyone who has same issue:

1. After checking by HDMI that the tablet is working you have to shut it down and then remove the screws with a pentalobe screwdriver.
    2. Then you have to open all the clips around the tablet with something thin and sharp (put it between the panel and the rear case).
    3. Now you can see that the battery came loose and unplugged the screen ribbon cable (number 1 and 2 in the picture), you can see the keyboard ribbon cable is disconnected (number 3).
    4. What I did is to lift a little bit the battery (do not pull cause you can disconnect it) and make some stripes with superglue (black rectangles in the pictures), then press softly for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Then you unstick the ribbons from the battery and open the ribbon plugs, they are very fragile and have been glued in the sides so do it carefully.
    6. Once you have put the Ribbons correctly and the battery is glued just have to put back the rear case and the screws.
    Jorge
    Participant

The picture

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Daniel
    Participant

The picture

Good luck

Jorge
    Participant

Everything works fine now, but the connection number 2 it was little bit broken when I plugged back in, so now I’m trying to buy just this screen ribbon cable to replace it, I wouldn’t like that any circuit get burned because this connection fail in future.

Any ideas where I can find this Chuwi Hi12 screen ribbon connection?

alessandro
    Participant

are there any warranty seal?

could they prove that you have opened it somehow?

thanks

Max3D
    Participant

The Solution (I’m not responsible if you break your tablet or doesn’t work for you): Finally I couldn’t wait so I opened the tablet and fixed it, how? let me explain for everyone who has same issue

After checking by HDMI that the tablet is working you have to shut it down and then remove the screws with a pentalobe screwdriver

Tnx for the instructions Jorge. What size pentalobe is the correct one and where did you buy it?

Jorge
    Participant

I hadn’t seen any warranty seals, just some black insulating tape as you can see in the picture I’ve uploaded in this thread. The screws have nothing special on them (like this blue warranty thing some brands make), so I would say they can’t get to know if you have open it or not.

About the pentalobe, I have used an iphone kit, and this pentalobe was smaller so what I did is to cut it with a pliers, so I can tell you about the exact size, just get a few of them and try carefully, don’t make any erosion on the screws if you don’t want to lose your warranty.

I have get an answer from Banggood, the ask me to take it to a technician to make a fixing budget, if the cost is under 30-40% of the tablet the will pay it, if I decide to send it back to Banggood they will fully refund the cost of the tablet. At least sounds good!

Daniel
    Participant

I hadn’t seen any warranty seals, just some black insulating tape as you can see in the picture I’ve uploaded in this thread. The screws have nothing special on them (like this blue warranty thing some brands make), so I would say they can’t get to know if you have open it or not. About the pentalobe, I have used an iphone kit, and this pentalobe was smaller so what I did is to cut it with a pliers, so I can tell you about the exact size, just get a few of them and try carefully, don’t make any erosion on the screws if you don’t want to lose your warranty. I have get an answer from Banggood, the ask me to take it to a technician to make a fixing budget, if the cost is under 30-40% of the tablet the will pay it, if I decide to send it back to Banggood they will fully refund the cost of the tablet. At least sounds good!

quite nice reply.

alessandro
    Participant

Did you pay for additional insurance on banggood?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar