New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum New Chuwi Hi12 doesn't work

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  R.M. 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Jorge
    Participant

Yes, I did. It was around 4-5€

larry m
    Participant

banggood are useless.  they don’t respond.  this tablet sucks.  my digitizer has a dead strip. i know they will never replace the tab so now i have to go through discover and paypal to get my money back.  zero qc.   tab was used when they sent it to me.  sleazy chinese bs.  don’t worry about warranty that would take effort to put warranty seals.

Mohamad
    Participant

how did u open the ribbon plugs? can you plz show me

Jorge
    Participant

There is a kind of bad glue over the plugs, it is not very resistant so just have pull VERY carefully, remember that if you break the plugs there’s no way you can make your tablet work anymore as the plugs will not be able to make pressure on the ribbon cable contacts. Don’t get afraid, just take your time and be pacient, you can put same hot air with a hair dryer to melt this glue around the plugs.

Since I fixed my tablet it works perfectly! Now I’m trying the new BIOS (hopefully it fix the 30% battery crash issue) and waiting for my stylus to come,

let us know if you can fix your tablet finally,

Good luck!

Kris
    Participant

Super thanks Jorge. My dual boot tablet arrived with a black screen yesterday. I checked it the way you described.
    The video ribbon was half inserted. I carefully removed the glue, clicked the ribbon plug open and inserted the ribbon.

On the plus side , none of the screws dropped out of my keyboard 😀

All works fine now. Great tablet

Jorge
    Participant

Hi Kris Van Lier,

I’m glad to hear I helped you fixing your tablet, now you have to be aware about this:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1486-1-1.html

DO NOT UPDATE anything through the Windows Device Manager or you will get a brick tablet

silverstar
    Participant

Wow someone should make a separate thread abt this update thingy and get it stickied. I don’t even understand why ppl are getting firmware updates in Windows Update…

Vj
    Participant

Thank you Chris and Jorge. I had this exact issue with my Hi12 and it’s now fixed. That idea to check with HDMI first was simply brilliant and thank you Jorge for taking the plunge first for the rest of us.

BTW a T3 screwdriver worked great on the four corner screws and then it was easy to separate the snap-on cover with a triangle pry.

In my case, the connector on the LCD side had come out, probably from my habit of tossing the tablet onto my bed. The connector on the mainboard was fine, but I have now stuck tapes everywhere to make sure nothing disconnects easily. And oh I also noticed that the connector from the camera too has a tendency to come out of it’s connector on the mainboard due to the pressure from the battery.

R.M.
    Participant

I’m sorry for cross-post, but does Hi12 turns on without all those ribbon cables – screen, keyboard, cameras, speakers? Only with power through micro USB without battery connected?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password