OTG hub or adapter that works with the X98 Plus

OTG hub or adapter that works with the X98 Plus

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion OTG hub or adapter that works with the X98 Plus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I ordered the charging hub that is recommended here for the X98 Pro (the BG one) and it will not charge on switch position #2. I just got the hub from the BG China warehouse last week, but the ports are black and not white like the one Chris has. Peter also reports his hub won’t charge with OTG access.

I just ordered a cheapo OTG adapter from Fasttech that I am hoping will do the job. I will report back when I get it (4-5 days)

It is this one:

OTG adapter from Fasttech

Max

Nikola
    Participant

Good, let us know. Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, it looks like the cheapo FastTech OTG adapter is a bust. Oh well, the search continues.

I wonder if charging and OTG is even possible on this new model. I wonder if the white port hub that works with the X98 pro works on the Plus, maybe Chris will try for us when he gets back from holidays.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Max

Peter
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. Thnx for trying, i also tried couple of old OTG hubs i had for my old smartphone and none of those worked. they actually did not work on my cellphone either but i tried anyway. Gues we will have to keep searching untill we find the one that works. Hopefully new X98 Plus owners will join this quest and we can all solve this problem.

Peter
    Participant

Is it possible that NOT charging while using OTG HUB with some USB accessories is because the tablet does not get enough power trough charger itself. At least with my tablet when it is off it charges to full baterry in about 4H, but when it is on it can barely charge- about 1 percent in approximately 10 minutes give or take and if am using it while it charges it barely holds charge or just depletes really slow; depends on what i am using it for ( browsing, movies,etc). Could this be the problem- not getting enough power through the charger when it is on. MadMax, Andy, Janx or anybody who owns this tablet what is your experience with charging when tablet is on, or is this just my unit. Is there any solution – settings, modifying registry values,etc to let more power in when tablet is on?

Janx
    Participant

Hey Peter,

I find it depends on the adapter I am using. The one that came from banggood (white, N/A plugs) won’t charge while I am using the tablet – it’ll just maintain the charge. I found an old charger for an old acer tablet I had with the same power readings the one I received from banggood (5v, 2.5a) and it will charge while on and at a decent rate.

(plugged in about 2+ hours ago when it was at 20%, it is now at 70% charge)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a cheap usb charge meter and when it’s off and charging it is only reading 1.5 amps. As Chris noted, the stock charger gets alarmingly very warm. I tried some other cables I have and it was drawing even less. I have a nice white 200 mm soft braided cable I use when I am using the tablet and it holds level, but that’s it. I will do some more tests later and edit post. I personally think the charger is over rated and a true 2.4 amp connection may improve matters.

There was a post on the Teclast bbs yesterday that said the new A5C7 model charges “faster” and has a newer bios. I am going to get one of those Blitzwolf chargers that Chris has, and a nice heavy 2.4 amp cable, when BG has a sale on them.

Max

Max

Peter
    Participant

Thnx for answers, gues i will have to try all the chargers and cables i will find around the house. I got the blitzwolf charger from BG

http://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-24W-Smart-Dual-Port-High-Speed-Desktop-Charger-With-Power3S-TechFor-iPhone-iPad-p-987689.html

and with the original cable that came with x98 it is the same-slow charge when tablet is on, same is with original fast charger from Samsung ( note4 ). Will get proper cable and will see how it goes ( should be ok with blitzwolf).

Do you think A5C7 model charges faster due to new BIOS or is actually hardware upgraded.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A little update. I tried every thick cable I have, and nothing matches the charge rate of the short, thick Teclast stock cable.
    Also no other wall wart charger I have, Ipad, Samsung, matches the stock chargers rate with the thick Teclast cable.
    There is a bright spot though…I found that my old Blackberry Playbook charger (1.8 A) seems to charge it at the same rate as the stock charger and it does charge it pretty good when it is on and being used. It also has a nice long soft cable (2 wire, charge only) that I will now use when the tablet is on. I also tested it with the black port hub and the cheapo fasttech adapter, but no luck there!

The usb mod in the other thread looks promising, I might order the supplies this week. It looks like there is a spot already moulded that will fit a micro usb jack which I will then connect to a small powered hub. All I really want is to be able to keep it on mains and have my Logitech unified receiver connected.

Peter, about the new model….only the great God at Teclast knows…lol

Max

Peter
    Participant

Thnx for the info Max, will have to experiment with the cables.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Peter, I was reading the comments on the review of the white port hub Chris has on youtube and a guy posted a link to the white port hub on ebay. The seller is gameszone.no1. Even cheaper than the semi-useless one I got from BG.

I picked one up with slow boat shipping so I should get it in 3-4 weeks. They say the third time is the charm…lol…lets hope so!

Happy New Year!

Peter
    Participant

Thnx again for the info Max, will check out the seller and probably get one myself too.

Peter
    Participant

A liitle update to charging issue: i bought several cables (22AWG,18AWG) and all i could get in the tablet when turned on using blitzwolf charger was around 968 mW according to battery bar. I even got a new micro usb charger 5V and up to 3A and the most i got was 1440 mW and it varies from 528 mW (which is normal charge rate with all other cables and chargers i get when tablet turned on) to 700 mW to 968 mW and to 1008 mw, basicly everything from 528 to 1440 mW. Interesting thing is when i plug charger into tablet it shows 528 mW and than it goes up to whatever number it gets in couple of minutes. But the Windows battery icon shows the same time of charge left no matter how much the input is according to battery bar. Does anyone has simmilar experience with charging their tablet and what is charging input you get  in battery bar when tablet turned on. It really bothers me this slow and painfull charging when tablet on, so any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

I have to unplug my tablet to turn it on, even if batteries 100%.

If I turn the x98 on while plugged in you just get the battery logo, unplug, switch on, then plug in. Very odd.

TAEL
    Participant

I have to unplug my tablet to turn it on, even if batteries 100%. If I turn the x98 on while plugged in you just get the battery logo, unplug, switch on, then plug in. Very odd.

Hold power button longer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar