Teclast X98 Pro battery problem

Teclast X98 Pro battery problem

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Teclast X98 Pro battery problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sanxion
    Participant

Guys

After my tablet crashed last week it appears to have had a serious effect on the battery. In Android it now drains from 100% to 5% in an hour. It also do not believe it is charging the entire battery as it typically takes only 90 minutes.

Something has corrputed the calibration. Anybody have any idea how to resolve this?

Sanxion
    Participant

I decided to perform an Android reset. That was at 14:50. I have since been discharging the battery and it still has over 1 hour 32 minutes left! That would give me in excess of 4 hours…a significant improvement over the 1 hour I had prior to the restore.

SEN
    Participant

Hi @sanxion, mate try doing this for once. When you feel like the battery is almost empty (may be like a 10-20%) , switch on the tablet (make sure you were in android before) and go to the OS switch menu (You know, the one we choose between windows and android at the beginning). Now touch somewhere on the screen so that the OS auto select timer will stop. Then keep the menu without selecting any OS until the tablet fully shuts down. Make sure no charge left in the tablet by pressing the power button again. Then charge it overnight (Dont try to switch on the tablet after the tablet is connected to the charger.Also try to charge without a break). After that you will get kinda okayish battery meter in android. I dont know if it works with X98 PRO, but its working with their other dual boot models.

Please report back with the results.

Sanxion
    Participant

I will give that a try. At the moment it is still discharging. It has been over 5 hours now. Restoring Android definitely seems to have had an effect on the battery.

Chris G
    Keymaster

It’s a left over problem from the X98 Air 3G. Something related to the dual boot bios. Switching OS seems to mess up the battery calibration, Windows will sit on 6% for a good hour before turning off. And Android isn’t much better. Rebooting in Android I often see the battery gain 10% from nowhere, so battery meter is not accurate at all.

A full battery drain and recharge overnight fixes the issue for a while, until I switch the OS over I think. Still testing this, but this is similar to the X98 Air 3G issues.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Sanxion
    Participant

I followed the suggestion of SEN above and I am pleased to report that the battery seems to be operating better than ever. I have been using it on and off since 07:30 and it still has 54% remaining.

Vision
    Participant

hi,

i have a x98 pro windows only K9C3. The Battery performance is ok, but if I work with plugged in power supply my x98 battery go down (decrease).
    I’m really wondering why x98 battery status decrease (battery icon display in %) instead of increase because I plugged in power supply to load my battery.

Windows is show my that the power supply is connected and should load the battery.

I use the default shipped power supply 2.5A. I tested with other power supply, no chance, power status decrease over time.

Is it a problem from bios teclast or from windows ?

do anyone has some idea ?

Sanxion
    Participant

Does the battery charge when the tablet is off?

Vision
    Participant

yes, if the tablet is off, the battery is chargin till 100%

SEN
    Participant

Hi @sanxion mate, how is your tablet’s battery life now? What is the screen on time you are getting out of it? Did the battery stats error come back after switching to windows?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@Vision

Of the many problems I have and/or heard about: yours is new to me. I think you need to reinstall the tablet and hope this solves the problem… Is it in Android and Windows?

Nicolas Calderón
    Participant

I am glad to say that I had 5 hours in windows playing light games. 🙂

Viktor
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got 1 hour battery time on android (using dual OS). Tried the battery drain, but did not helped.

I see the reinstall could help. Hoe do I perform the reinstall?

Thanks,

Viktor

Viktor
    Participant

Sorry, I was unpatient. When I totally depleted the battery on the OS boot screen, the battery life normalized.

Jacques
    Participant

Hello!

I can confirm: following unexpecteds shutdown in Android on my X98 Plus, I encountered battery problems.

(I believe a battery calibration problem in the OS)

It seems solved now after fully emptying of the battery by staying on the dual boot menu, (or on the BIOS menu) until the tablet shutdown,  and then perform a full charge (tablet powered off. It’s around 3-4 hours with the original battery charger).

By the way, remember that you can access the BIOS if you hit the “ESC” key several time early in the boot (need a physical keyboard connected to the USB port of the tablet)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar