[TUTORIAL] Install properly Windows 8.1/10 VI10

[TUTORIAL] Install properly Windows 8.1/10 VI10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion [TUTORIAL] Install properly Windows 8.1/10 VI10

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Frédéric Gub
    Participant

Hi everyone, after struggling (like most of you i think) to install Windows 8.1/10 on Chuwi VI10, i finally manage to do it like a boss, so i am going to share my science with you all. First i am french so if i make so language mistakes i know how to speak anf write i am not dumb, but in french basically. Let’s go!

To install windows 8.1 or windows 10 i suggest that you use the images no matter what serial number you have, i personally have the 221510 version 32GO (the most painful one i guess haha!). Because if you install a fresh Windows version you will have problem with i2c drivers (you know what i am talking about don’t you!!) so with the images, most of drivers will be installed and according to your personal hardware you will ajust.

An other VERY IMPORTANT THING: THE BIOS. Don’t update it, because the new BIOS, even with the last chuwi vi10 hardware, make the touchscreen, sound and everything unusable. If you did update it like me, because i am kind, i will give you the old one. In the BIOS you will have to make some ajustements if you have issues.

So let’s go (i think i already say that). A little download section

• DOWNLOAD SECTION

WINDOWS 8.1 images (thanks to Chris): http://techtablets.com/2015/09/chuwi-vi10-windows-10-image-bios-update-and-drivers-released/

WINDOWS 10 images (with some files too): http://www.needrom.com/download/chuwi-vi10-32-gb/

OLD BIOS (everyone who update the BIOS needs it): https://mega.nz/#!bJskxYDB!cc3j-oD01O6jBNe3OoqAfnkoNEEfVCeyVwKKyRAvNB0

1. Restore the BIOS

Format a USB drive with FAT32 and move the file from the BIOS archive to the USB drive, boot from the key and wait.

2.  Flash Windows image

-For Windows 8.1, follow this excellent video that helps me a lot to deal with the install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceY3Eh13He4

-For Windows 10, simply format a USB pen drive to FAT32 and move everything from the archive to the USB pen drive. No need for two keys or anything, no need to mess with command lines, just let it do the thing.

Then boot from your USB key and restore Windows.

Now you should have a partially working Windows.

VERY IMPORTANT: If in device manager you have a lot of unknown devices no panic. But with the old BIOS it shouldn’t do that.

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

The people with 221510 serial number will have to install manually broadcom drivers, touchscreen drivers, Bluetooth drivers and sound drivers.

A little compilation of the specif drivers for windows 8.1/10: https://mega.nz/#!ackBGaiQ!r6RK3p9Wu5TSYdRYop537r8ADuGzw3XFaIpYeU82YuE

The pack contains:

-MYi2c touch drivers

-Broadcom WIFI/Bluettoth drivers

-Intel WDM wierd drivers

Oscar Ramirez
    Participant

Nice thanks I’m give it a shot see how it goes for me I have never used the images.

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

Great,but ifnyou update the bios,you have to go back to the old one otherwise nothing will work but wifi (broadcom)

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

i suggest you to install 8.1, because i used windows 10 and after a wile i notice it is not so stable on my chuwi (freezes),then i install 8.1 images and everything were smooth, no bugs

Christine Le Clerc
    Participant

so how would i go about installing the windows images when im already on windows 10?

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

simply prepare the two usb drives and follow the video

Christine Le Clerc
    Participant

i have chuwi vi10 pro do i still follow the procedures for win10?

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

yes,just install windows 8.1 images,and if you want send me your facebook profile to talk easily

Christine Le Clerc
    Participant

ok so i dont need windows 10 image? i want to stay on windows 10

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

if you want to stay on windows 10 download the image of windows ten flash it and then we will see the work to do

Christine Le Clerc
    Participant

did not work when i went to to load from bios everything was good but then it killed my usb no long works no free space and its a 32gb

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

Did  you rename the usb drive in winpe? It did me the same thing because i forgot to rename it winpe. Send me a mesage on facebook it will be easier to talk and then i will post solution here: Frédéric Gub because talking that way is innefective. to recover your drive, format it with easus partition master and do the manipulation again by renaming the drive winpe

Woody
    Participant

how can i check my bios ??

Frédéric Gub
    Participant

Hi Woody, there is two versions of the bios

-The old GOOD one, the J1D version

-The new bad one, the G1D version

To see what version you have, go to your bios (press esc)then go to scu and you will see bios version. The BIOS made a hug difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar