X98 pro will only boot to bios and display bios options

X98 pro will only boot to bios and display bios options

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 pro will only boot to bios and display bios options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan King
    Participant

I ordered the X98 Pro from geekbuying, they sent me the wrong tablet, I was after Win 10 only. As it took them so long to dispatch I stuck with what I got which is a dual operating system. Initially I used windows which was OK other than a display driver issue at times, then I tried Android, this loaded and shut down fine. Ever since I shut it down I can’t load an operating system, every time I switch it in it shows me the bios settings, if I exit the bios it loads the bios again although this time missing the touch screen functionality, the only way back from here is to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to switch off the tablet. I’ve tried resetting the bios back to original settings and have tried a few things with the boot options but nothing makes any difference. I’ve also tried holding volume buttons whilst pressing the power button, the volume down with the power key gives me a DNX fastboot mode  although this doesn’t help me load an operating system. Anybody else experienced this or has any idea where I can go from here other than sending it back, by the time I get the replacement the tablet will be obsolete if I send it back!

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Jonathan King
    Participant

The build is K9C6

Jonathan King
    Participant

So I’m starting to believe the eMMC is dead as when I plug the tablet into the laptop it doesn’t recognize a device being connected, I’ve tried different USB cables and also with the bios options displayed (screen on) and also with the tablet off.

NFlafl
    Participant

I am having the same problem. When I tried to flash the device by following the guide posted by Ropert, The flash process stopped at 36%. Have you found a solution?

Jonathan King
    Participant

No I haven’t any idea what to do other than send it back. I had considered trying to flash the bios and reinstall the system files, I guess if this is unsuccessful then it would void any Warrenby.

Tofade
    Participant

Hello, i just got my x98 pro dual boot yesterday, and today i was trying to reset the windows, it failed, but then i booted into android, then i tried booting windows from android but it doesn’t get past the bios anymore, no matter how much i restart it it keeps getting stuck at bios, i downloaded and tried to flash android image but it gets stock at 36% and device says “failed to locate emmc device path for specified controller: not found” , please what can i do? can i still fix this device? any help will be appreciated, i am downloading windows image to see if i can install windows first from usb boot, i am really confused.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve same issue on K9C6 . Do you have any ideas ? Then I’m flashing android it stops at 36%. Error : cant flash gpt.bin

PS I managed to get t recovery console via winPE manufacturer image and diskpart says i dont have any emmc – only usb flash i boot from (

takumi haran
    Participant

My K9C6 began to loop the Bios screen
    It does not start android or windows.

Error message when flushed the android
    –Failed to locate emmc device path for specified controller:Not Found
    emmc is dead

Agogohome Agogohome
    Participant

I can guarantee the issues above are all software related – probably due to people playing with settings that should be left alone. If you screw your tablet up by trying to Flash it with 3rd party software, then you’ve only yourself to blame. Nobody will refund or replace it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you the Seller of that scum ?

Coldreboot
    Participant

I’ve same ploblem. eMMc not found. K9c6

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Coldreboot
    Participant

failed to locate eMMc… Wtf?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I also have similar issue with my Air 3G dual boot tablet.. While working on it suddenly crashed and now it only goes to bios mode. When I try to repair the tablet using Windows 8.1 installation it is unable to find the drive.

If I try to do a clean re-install it again cant see the drive but to locate the drivers it can show me all the folders in my C drive..
    Anyone has any clue how to get the tablet working again ?

Jonathan King
    Participant

I’ve tried mine on disk part also and it can not see the drive. If I I try to load the factory image it fails due to not being able to find the drive. Windows 10 image cannot locate the drive, when I select browse for driver, under PC it shows an option of X drive labelled boot with what appears to be windows folders in it. These folders can only be stored on the emmc? Or are these folders from windows set up stored in the ram?

Tofade
    Participant

dude don’t just be quick to judge anybody, and don’t say what you don’t know. mine all started with a simple and innicent windows reset

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar