x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    재경 박
    Participant

has somebody succeed to rooting x98 pro(K9C6)
    I tried to root x98 pro, using VROOT and King Root, but failed as below

VROOT
    There was root success message, but after push “complete” botton,

Check Root permission, and message as “checking root-checking fail, check USB line”

King Root

“There is no way to root”

Robert
    Participant

I took the root files from rooted lite rom and applied them to my android installation of full rom. Yo can download the root files from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUOEKnPRz9gTmdJRmVCSGZkUm8/view?usp=sharing

Then you must boot some linux from usb stick (I used clonezilla), mount the android system partition /dev/mmcblk0p7, and extract that archive to the root of that partition. After reboot to android the superuser app should notify you about update to su binary and you should be fully rooted.

But be careful, if you don’t know what are you doing, you can destroy your android installation and would need to recover it

재경 박
    Participant

Dear Robert
    I use clonezilla and make linux boot tool.
    Would you explain detail follow procedure since I don`t know about linux?

Robert
    Participant

teclast released rooting tool that can be used from windows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUOEKnPRz9genJDamc3WF9hSjQ/view?usp=sharing

download and extract the file, boot tablet into android fastboot mode (power it on, select android in dualboot menu, keep pressing both volume buttons until it enters fastboot screen) and then run BOOT.bat from extracted files

재경 박
    Participant

I download the file from above link.
    Extract file to my PC, enter DNX Fastboot mode and run Root.bat.
    and there is no response with attached screen shot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robert
    Participant

you need to go to android fastboot, not dnx fastboot. Turn the tablet on normally, in the dualboot menu select android and then hold both volume buttons until you will see android fastboot screen (it’s different than dnx fatboot screen)

재경 박
    Participant

I follow the procedure as you mentioned.
    Turn on table – select android in dual boot menu – hold both volume buttons
    But the tablet was booted as Safe mode, not fast boot mode

Theo
    Participant

I also cant get into android fastboot, tried it several times. It booted into dnx fastboot the first try and after that it doesnt boot when i try it, it just gives me a black screen. I need to hold power button fort 10 seconds to make it shut down and then i can boot it up again.

Edit: Tried again, but i waited with pushing bot volume buttons until i saw the chinese writing and it booted into safe mode and i was able to root it.

재경 박
    Participant

Thoe

You mean that you run root.bat when the tablet is in safemode and it is worked?

Robert
    Participant

I don’t remember whether it is called fastboot or safe mode, it’s screen with that green android and some red, white and yellow text 😀

Theo
    Participant

Thoe You mean that you run root.bat when the tablet is in safemode and it is worked?

Yes, it said veilige modus..which is dutch for safe mode

Hooked it up to laptop and ran the root.bat

I started tablet, selected android and as soon as i saw the chinese letters and kept holding them untill it was booted into safe mode.

I did try rootchecker and it says its rooted, also SuperSU is installed

Shade
    Participant

Feeling a bit stupid, here. I can’t get my PC to recognize the x98 Pro. I shoehorned Intel’s android driver in but that didn’t do it.

Is there a driver or utility that I am missing?

Shade
    Participant

I’ve made… progress. Sort of.

I installed the iSoc usb drivers and the phone flash tool found in the downloads here. Now the root.bat gives me this:

* daemon started successfully *error: cannot connect to daemon
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    ** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
    adb server is out of date. killing…
    * daemon started successfully *

And loops on that forever. It is progress, though, since it can tell the device is there. The phone flash tool also saw the device at one point when I accidentally booted into android safe mode instead of the fastboot mode.

I get the feeling I’m missing something simple.

Shade
    Participant

Sorry for the monologue here.

Turns out it was simple. I booted into Android – not fastboot, not android safemode – and it worked.

Now to mess with CPU speed, freezing system apps and changing screen resolution to see if I can get decent battery life out of this thing. 😀

Eloi
    Participant

I made a vídeo about it

You only need, driver tablet and the .bat (posted by robert, thanks for the .bat Robert )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar