x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum x98 pro(K9C6) Rooting?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    theriddler
    Participant

Hi – I’m a bit confused here… managed to get to Android safe mode on tablet with safe mode shown in bottom left of home screen… then tried to run extracted boot.bat file from c:\ of computer, but didn’t seem to get very far … cmd.exe screen said something about:

If ID above – 0/root… everything goes well.

If otherwise ctrl + c to cancel.

Press any key to continue.

then get adb not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ?

Should these files be on the tablet before running from windows??

EDIT: Have now been able to get into FASTBOOT mode as well… which should the tablet be in?

Norbert
    Participant

Have the same message – adb not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

any solution?

Daniel Brown
    Participant

I registered to add my experience, I tried following the above video and encountered the same error that the riddler and norbet had. I then googled the problem and the fix is to ensure your adb SDK stuff is set up right as seen here: http://zacktutorials.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/adb-is-not-recognized-as-internal-or.html

But after following those instructions I still ran into that problem, or “device not found”.

The supposed answer to that problem is to ensure you have the correct android drivers associated to your device, but I can’t find any drivers for the x98 pro.

I’ve tried using the .bat while in safe mode and in fastboot and in recovery, all with the same results.

Maybe I’m on the right path, maybe I’ve missed something essential, figured I’d add my experience in case it helps at all.

Looking forward to root.

Daniel Brown
    Participant

also, perhaps it will benefit others if this gets a response, but does anyone know how to change the dedicated storage space for android and windows so windows has more space? TIA

Shade
    Participant

I finally got mine rooted by booting into NORMAL Android (not safe mode) and running the .exe after I had installed the latest ADB. And pulled out a significant amount of hair, though I doubt that had anything to do with root finally working. USB debugging needs to be enabled in Android but I think mine was by default.

Norbert
    Participant

I just rooted with iroot and kingroot method shown in that link,even that method is for x98 air works perfect for my 98pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL-SV8UatOU

Daniel Brown
    Participant

Norbet you rockstar! Thank you! It worked. Now I just have to figure out how to TWRP and get xposed. Happy rooting!

EDIT: never mind, it is still being upset sometimes asking for root permission but not allowing me to install SuperSU and not allowing me to install root apps. I will post if I figure it out

Anthony
    Participant

iRoot looks like it works for this tablet, but it doesn’t. Just tried it out, and I can “grant” root permission, but I can’t actually do anything that requires root.

Daniel Brown
    Participant

I second what Anthony said. I tried updating SuperSU and it won’t allow it. I did rootchecker and I don’t have proper root.

Daniel Brown
    Participant

I figured it out! Wooo!!!! I think the problem was that adb was outdated. I went through the video’s method of using iroot and rootking, but rootking installs a bunch of bloatware that I’m still cleaning up, also with failed root. I don’t know if those tools contributed to my successful root though.

So be sure to go to http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and download and install the tool to update your adb. The google drive folder robert posted is what worked for me. I also had my tablet in camera sharing mode, I’m unsure if that helped.

I’ve posted before my other troubleshooting that may have contributed as well.

Good luck and lets make the android on this sweet tablet bloody useful! It is a mess without it.

So to recap:

Up to date adb

Boot into NORMAL android

Connected as camera

USB debugging enabled

unpack the file below and run the root bat as admin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUOEKnPRz9genJDamc3WF9hSjQ/view?usp=sharing

Daniel Brown
    Participant

More updates for those interested.

If you did root with king root, you may end up with an ineffective supersu, and an inability to install busybox. So I recommend installing supersu and titanium backup then freezing king root, and then you can install busy box and not be slowed generally down by King root. I’m now working on xposed,  I’ll keep posting

Tim Tom
    Participant

Thank you Daniel, the rooting app works perfectly!

All I did was installed Intel ADB driver for Android, enabled USB debugging in Developer’s options, hooked up tablet to Windows PC, ran X98_PRO_5.1.1root.exe, following the instruction in English, and I got root.

Updated SuperSU through wifi, no error message.

Roni Unwala
    Participant

Can you please make a video on YouTube ,i tried doing it using iroot but i got an ineffective supersu,which is not rooted.Also i have the latest usb drivers install and tried running the zip file but still the supersu does not show rooted?

adam
    Participant

Robert , I need your help to update manually the root via Linux.

I,m runing out of option since the Mireks “windows root 5.1.1” it is not working anymore for me.First time I was able to root but after removing root with “su” I m getting error now:

Please help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonny
    Participant

I was able to root the tablet using Eloi’s method with the .bat file. So thanks.

After rooting though the camera app doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar