Slow speed Samsung 2280 ssd

Slow speed Samsung 2280 ssd

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Slow speed Samsung 2280 ssd

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  benares 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Bazzan
    Participant

Hi All

Just received my Ezbook 3 Pro from Gearbest and being fitting the SSD. The SSD is a MZ-NTD1280/0L1 | 128GB. I seem to have the locked bios v 2.18.1263 with no advanced tab (see pic). Updated all the drivers and Win 10.

The SDD showed in Device Manager & bios( pic) but not in Explorer. Found it in Disk Management, formatted it in the same format as the eMMC (GPT) and cloned it. All good so far.

Options limited in BIOS. Under Boot changed the boot order to the SSD, enabled Fast Boot and SATA support.

I get really bad results from Crystal Disk Mark

What gives?  Am I really booting from the SSD or am I still on eMMC?

I welcome any suggestions

Thanks

Bazzan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

That looks more like eMMC 5.1 speeds to me

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Bazzan
    Participant

Hi Chris. That was my thought. Changed the boot order & booted to the eMMC. Had to install Crystal Dusk Mark. Results much lower. I fiddled with the settings under Boot to make them the same as I see on YouTube. Still no joy.  I wonder if I did something with formatting & cloning. Any ideas? Bazzan

Attachments:

Bazzan
    Participant

Done a bit more digging and reading around SSDs. My suspicion is that this is related to the ACHI driver. Someone else on this forum has pointed out it is dated 2006.  As I have the brief Bios I might see what happens when I push the CPU/power via the software

Bazzan

Impie
    Participant

You should download AS SSD and benchmark it with that.

What often happens when cloning a drive, is that the 4K alignment of the partitions is wrong. This has an incredible impact on the performance of the drive. AS SSD tells you when this is misaligned with red/green text on the left hand side.

Please post a screenshot of the AS SSD benchmark; it’ll help us diagnose the problem.

Bazzan
    Participant

Thanks Inline. This is what I get with AS SSD.

Attachments:

Michael Smith
    Participant

The read speeds certainly appear on the slow side. Almost SATA-II speeds. The write speeds appear to be on the money. (Link)

Bazzan
    Participant

Thanks for the link Michael.  I formatted and cloned again. Made no difference.

Samsung Magician sees is as a SATA 3, ACHI Mode Activated and TRIM Status enabled. Read is 281 and Write 133. Maybe I need a clean install of Win 10. I understand it will pick the key off the eMMC.

Bazzan

juan
    Participant

Bazzan
    Participant

Hi Juan

Really interesting article. Was hoping that was it but no joy. Partition starting offset is divisible by 4096 in all partitions.

Attachments:

Bazzan
    Participant

Update

After trying everything else I went for the clean install of Windows 10.  It seems a lot more responsive but the Disk Mark shows no noticeable difference from earlier posts.

The EMMc on the Jumper is still a lot faster than the Desktop it is replacing so still way ahead.

With the clean install I can seen the SSD in the Security TAB of the BIOS but it is not an option under boot order.

I get to a EUFI screen where I can select which OS to boot EMMC or SSD. I have changed the setting to 5 second pause. Is there an easy way to bypass this?

As you can see from the drives in Disk Management, the SSD lacks lacks the EFI and Recovery Partition. would my best option be to add re-partition the SSD preserving Windows 10 and clone those 2 from the EMMC?

Bazzan

Attachments:

Juanjo
    Participant
    I have a similar problem, my disk is a 250 kingspec, good reading speed but very bad writing, I have tested the ssd on another computer and everything is correct so I can only think that it must be something related to the operating system, driver or bios configuration</span> 

Attachments:

G
    Participant

I get similar results with the 128GB Kingspec drive. It still feels snappy, just not perfect. Drive benches much quicker on my Onda Xiaoma 21. Weird.

benares
    Participant

similar problem, poor write speeds Transcend M.2 SSD

Attachments:

Iva
    Participant

Do you have 2242 ssd?

I have Transcend 2242, 128GB, and that’s normal speeds. Producent declares them to be 550 reading, 160 writing.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password