Chuwi does not charge!

Chuwi does not charge!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Chuwi does not charge!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Diego Alves
    Participant

I just received my hibook Chuwi and it just does not load! Does anyone have any solution for this? I am completely disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtR5fGRjHQ</span></span&gt;

Andy B
    Participant

Push the cable in harder/further.  I think I saw some silver showing…

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Diego Alves
    Participant

Push the cable in harder/further. I think I saw some silver showing…

if I push the more I break, it is already at the maximum 🙁

dlink377
    Participant

How about changing cable and the charger? Do you hear any USB plugged sound when connecting the cable to the tablet? Try connecting it to another USB charger? Cleaning the port and the cable?

I find that USB-C plug quite fragile, especially on the cable part. The pins on the USB-C male could be bent and short the pins on the opposite side (it is dual sided). I already throw away 3 cables because of that.

Diego Alves
    Participant

How about changing cable and the charger? Do you hear any USB plugged sound when connecting the cable to the tablet? Try connecting it to another USB charger? Cleaning the port and the cable? I find that USB-C plug quite fragile, especially on the cable part. The pins on the USB-C male could be bent and short the pins on the opposite side (it is dual sided). I already throw away 3 cables because of that.

It does not make any noise when connecting it seems to me that the cable entry is too large or the tablet connector came defective and is short. And I’ve been talking to Google engineer about cable type C, he told me that the type cables are hazardous and can burn the inputs if they are of poor quality. I showed photos charger also and he told me that probably the charger that came with the tablet is also not reliable. entry with boots “USB A / Type C” can not provide the correct power and generate future problems. Only chargers “Type C / Type C” are more reliable for delivering the same current. Now I am in doubt whether I use the charger Chuwi or buy a new one.

dlink377
    Participant

It does not make any noise when connecting it seems to me that the cable entry is too large or the tablet connector came defective and is short. And I’ve been talking to Google engineer about cable type C, he told me that the type cables are hazardous and can burn the inputs if they are of poor quality. I showed photos charger also and he told me that probably the charger that came with the tablet is also not reliable. entry with boots “USB A / Type C” can not provide the correct power and generate future problems. Only chargers “Type C / Type C” are more reliable for delivering the same current. Now I am in doubt whether I use the charger Chuwi or buy a new one.

Using another charger doesn’t have any difference? Such as connecting to your phone charger or to the PC.

If you have any other USB-C devices, you can always try that. I also experienced the problem, sometime the charger is not detected and just simply not charging until few tries of re plugging.

If it is still not working (the red light doesn’t light up), probably the cable, which is quite fragile to begin with.

Of course, If you can buy proper USB-C charger, it is so much better then, just make sure it can output 5V 3A properly (although most of it can output multi voltage 5V, 12V, etc). Also take note that I don’t believe USB-C on this tablet conforms to USB-PD standards properly, unlike those Core M3 tablet with Type-C.

Diego Alves
    Participant

Using another charger doesn’t have any difference? Such as connecting to your phone charger or to the PC. If you have any other USB-C devices, you can always try that. I also experienced the problem, sometime the charger is not detected and just simply not charging until few tries of re plugging. If it is still not working (the red light doesn’t light up), probably the cable, which is quite fragile to begin with. Of course, If you can buy proper USB-C charger, it is so much better then, just make sure it can output 5V 3A properly (although most of it can output multi voltage 5V, 12V, etc). Also take note that I don’t believe USB-C on this tablet conforms to USB-PD standards properly, unlike those Core M3 tablet with Type-C.

Thanks for answering you are helping me a lot. Do you suggest me a charger type c? I was looking at this two, looks good?
    https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Type-C-Lumia-Supported-Devices/dp/B017I7EX46
    http://www.tronsmart.com/product-w2pe-wall-charger
    And I have no cables / chargers type c. This is my first device type c.

dlink377
    Participant

Thanks for answering you are helping me a lot. Do you suggest me a charger type c? I was looking at this two, looks good? https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Type-C-Lumia-Supported-Devices/dp/B017I7EX46 http://www.tronsmart.com/product-w2pe-wall-charger And I have no cables / chargers type c. This is my first device type c.

I suggest you to try to use your phone charger first, if that doesn’t work, I don’t think another charger or special USB-C charger will help you. I don’t believe USB-C on the tablet full conforms to USB-PD specification, so, buying a special Type-C charger will not bring any advantages.

Also does your tablet boot up already? I starting to see this a tablet hardware failure.

If another charger still doesn’t charge it, if possible find another USB-C cable. The included USB-C cable quite flaky to be honest, although does the job quite fine.

Diego Alves
    Participant

I suggest you to try to use your phone charger first, if that doesn’t work, I don’t think another charger or special USB-C charger will help you. I don’t believe USB-C on the tablet full conforms to USB-PD specification, so, buying a special Type-C charger will not bring any advantages. Also does your tablet boot up already? I starting to see this a tablet hardware failure. If another charger still doesn’t charge it, if possible find another USB-C cable. The included USB-C cable quite flaky to be honest, although does the job quite fine.

Look, the Google engineer who tested numerous cables advised me to use charger type c / c type because they are safer in terms of charging (5V / 3A). My tablet is “booting” usually just is without battery. But I do not want any “advantage” switching charger. I just want to avoid future problems with the “fried USB port” understand? And I agree with you that the cable appears to be very weak … But what you tell me of boots that I showed, seem to be good?

dlink377
    Participant

Look, the Google engineer who tested numerous cables advised me to use charger type c / c type because they are safer in terms of charging (5V / 3A). My tablet is “booting” usually just is without battery. But I do not want any “advantage” switching charger. I just want to avoid future problems with the “fried USB port” understand? And I agree with you that the cable appears to be very weak … But what you tell me of boots that I showed, seem to be good?

Actually yes, for 5V 3A current, it is the best to buy a special USB-C charger that can carry that amount of power, rather than a normal USB that probably only rated 2.4A max. I believe fried USB port is quite rare, but still a possibility since we are pulling more power than the specification.

If you want to safety solution, USB-C with 5V 3A charger and USB-C cable probably the best bet now. I am just not sure about charging standards that this tablet uses. Definitely not Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 since this is Intel Chipset. Most likely will just work correctly though.

For third party charger brand, I only trust Anker for now. I don’t trust any other brand for now (unless the one comes with this tablet, since I cannot find 5.5V 3A charger, other charger only output around 5V). However, Anker doesn’t have USB-C charger that output 3A, only maxed around 2.4A.

If you happens to buy the USB-C charger, I would love for you to review it so that I can think about replacing this shoddy looking charger with something more proper, or better with double USB port.

Diego Alves
    Participant

Actually yes, for 5V 3A current, it is the best to buy a special USB-C charger that can carry that amount of power, rather than a normal USB that probably only rated 2.4A max. I believe fried USB port is quite rare, but still a possibility since we are pulling more power than the specification. If you want to safety solution, USB-C with 5V 3A charger and USB-C cable probably the best bet now. I am just not sure about charging standards that this tablet uses. Definitely not Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 since this is Intel Chipset. Most likely will just work correctly though. For third party charger brand, I only trust Anker for now. I don’t trust any other brand for now (unless the one comes with this tablet, since I cannot find 5.5V 3A charger, other charger only output around 5V). However, Anker doesn’t have USB-C charger that output 3A, only maxed around 2.4A. If you happens to buy the USB-C charger, I would love for you to review it so that I can think about replacing this shoddy looking charger with something more proper, or better with double USB port.

that was my idea, buy a charger type c bearing in mind that it would be better loading type c / c type than type c / usb, you know? I am seriously considering buying the charger from the second option, or even this one (http://bit.ly/28LVAGp). In my view seems a better option than using the standard tablet charger.

I’m still thinking about because Amazon does not send the cable type c to my country. I do not have to buy the cable to send me 🙁 (I’m Brazilian)

And yes I would do a review and would post here in the forum so everyone could see what I’m proposing, change with the charger cable type c and see if it works correctly.

Andy B
    Participant

I purchased the charger which I described here. It was tested by someone in Amazon reviews as actually outputting 5V 3A. It works well, as long as I plug it in the right direction! Something isn’t quite right with these Chuwi Type-C ports.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Diego Alves
    Participant

I purchased the charger which I described here. It was tested by someone in Amazon reviews as actually outputting 5V 3A. It works well, as long as I plug it in the right direction! Something isn’t quite right with these Chuwi Type-C ports.

What charger? Could you show me the link? And how would this ”right direction”?

Andy B
    Participant

SONEic – USB Type-C (USB-C) Rapid Wall Charger & USB Type-C to Type-C Cable, 15 Watt/3.0 Amp (3A) for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, LG G5, HTC 10 & All Other USB Type-C Devices – Black (Charger+Cable Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BVLLC6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_VIdBxb6VWK5K0

The “right direction”  bit was me referring to my comment in my other thread (called “Please contribute: What accessories and memory cards work?”)  – my charger works great if I plug in one direction, but the type-c doesn’t charge if I flip the connector around. After reading reviews of various type-c chargers, I’m now thinking that my charger is probably a bit defective. But this model has been tested to actually output the right amount and is usually high quality.

Diego Alves
    Participant

SONEic – USB Type-C (USB-C) Rapid Wall Charger & USB Type-C to Type-C Cable, 15 Watt/3.0 Amp (3A) for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, LG G5, HTC 10 & All Other USB Type-C Devices – Black (Charger+Cable Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BVLLC6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_VIdBxb6VWK5K0 The “right direction” bit was me referring to my comment in my other thread (called “Please contribute: What accessories and memory cards work?”) – my charger works great if I plug in one direction, but the type-c doesn’t charge if I flip the connector around. After reading reviews of various type-c chargers, I’m now thinking that my charger is probably a bit defective. But this model has been tested to actually output the right amount and is usually high quality.

Thanks! I’m wondering if I buy this you showed me or charger that I posted earlier. But this cable type c that comes with the charger is reliable?  Sorry if I’m being very annoying it is that I really have very of ending up doing stupid things and burning my tablet =/

If you can help, I will be very grateful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar