Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10

Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Tikilou
    Participant
    Be careful before any manipulation, i’m not responsable for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in theses files before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Hi, it’s a little tutorial of my own experience to restore both systems on Chuwi Hi10 DualOS :

You need :

A USB Key (prefer USB 3)

A USB Keyboard and Mouse (I’m Using a Logitech K400R) (bluetooth keyboard not working !)

A Windows 10 x64 ISO extracted ( i’ve installed the pro version)

Time.

First, download all archives (password archive is “osremix.com”) :

Bios => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/bios_chuwi_Hi10-DualOS_E4D6_C106_E0511.224.7z

Android => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/android_5.1_stock_chuwi_Hi10-DualOS-CWI515-Q64G421605XXXXX.7z

Windows 10 =>http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/efi-files+drivers_chuwi_Hi10-DualOS-CWI515-Q64G421605XXXXX.7z

First, you probably need (i’ve buy a DualOS tablet out of the box so i’ve not tested flash the bios) flash the BIOS, it’s probably working well on same series of me (i have a CWI515 model, with Q64G4221605XXXXX serial), extract the files for flashing bios on USB Key formated in Fat32, and go to the UEFI/BIOS, and launch UEFI SHELL, the startup.nsh will be launched, and bios flashed.

After that, you need to extract the Android Archive first, on a USB key formated to Fat32, it’s gonna erase all table partition, so do a backup of windows if you need it, before, and go to the UEFI/BIOS, launch UEFI SHELL, the startup.nsh gonna launch a script for flash all partition/recovery/system/data, and android system reboot somes times, it’s normal (first with chuwi logo, and the Android recovery logo, and finally normal start).

At this point, you can choose only Android when you start the tablet (press “Vol +”).

After that you need to extract the Windows 10 archive, and replace every file you have, on the same directory on your Windows 10 USB Key, if you don’t and boot directly Windows 10, you gonna have a ACPI BIOS error and freeze during install. After that, you just need to boot on your USB key on UEFI/BIOS. 🙂

Installation of Windows is a little long time, but after somes reboot, he purpose you to configure Serial, options, user account… 😉

At this point, when Windows is fully started, you have no touschscreen/sound/wifi/bluetooth/GPU acceleration… But USB work.

Just go on your peripheral manager, and install the drivers missing one by one (juste indicate the directory of the drivers folder.), do a full Windows Update (otherwise, settings for lightscreen don’t working), when the Switcher come, press “Vol -) and voilà ! =D

Enjoy ! 🙂

Ps : sorry for my english…

Lupo
    Participant

do you have all chuwi hi10 hardware working on Android? Touchscreen, sound, Wi-Fi and etc.

Tikilou
    Participant

Yes ! Everything work perfectly. 🙂

Scalpos
    Participant

Wow, [/b]thank you very much[/b] Tikilou for this well documented post and linked files !!
    When I’ll have time, and after a proper backup of my Win10 only tablet, I’ll give it a try so I can enjoy Android when needed on the device.

Jman
    Participant

As far as I can tell, your device was dualboot out of the box so it’s sure to support Android. You’ve posted this in at least 3 different forums now and I think you need to make that disclaimer much more clear.

Chances are people with older hardware versions are going to try this and end up with messed up devices.

Lots of people are still hoping that older revisions might be able to support Android, which has not been confirmed anywhere yet.

Scalpos
    Participant

As far as I can tell, your device was dualboot out of the box so it’s sure to support Android. You’ve posted this in at least 3 different forums now and I think you need to make that disclaimer much more clear. Chances are people with older hardware versions are going to try this and end up with messed up devices. Lots of people are still hoping that older revisions might be able to support Android, which has not been confirmed anywhere yet.

Well, after the funny disclaimer, Tikilou clearly stated his tutorial is based on his own experience, for a specific model of Dualboot Hi10: “CWI515 model, with Q64G4221605XXXXX serial“, those details are even present in the name of the files he kindly provided.

People wanting to upgrade their device have to, at least, ensure they have the same hardware/BIOS/serial nbr; and if they don’t, they have to accept the risk it implies to not stick with what they bought. Unfortunately, Chuwi’s forum isn’t much help. Eg: see how BIOS updates are provided, no details at all about which version number you’re going to have, compared to the one on your device… How professional is it ?

Again, thank you Tikilou for your feedback !

xDaemon
    Participant

hello when i flashed bios, i got this error bd – Error: requested Rom Hole not available in ROM file. what it this? Thanks in advance.

Scalpos
    Participant

Same error msg for me. After I successfully flashed the BIOS provided by Chuwi’s forum for Hi10 64b Win 10 only (CWI515 model, Q64G421602XXXX serial) Bios: Chuwi Hi10 BIOS for Serial Number 4216020001-42160XXXX   https://mega.nz/#!B4pCiapS!d5F14H-mczdDeRAr1m91id25yFtbGvSgtnMy55HFUio

Could it be some kind of protection ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chances are people with older hardware versions are going to try this and end up with messed up devices. They need to follow this tutorial to recover deleted data afterwards.

Does this work the same on Windows 7?

severall
    Participant

hello when i flashed bios, i got this error bd – Error: requested Rom Hole not available in ROM file. what it this? Thanks in advance.

I has a same error. I think that dual boot BIOS not supported older (Windows only )version of device. :/ We need a different BIOS.

Tikilou
    Participant

Emily from Chuwi staff explain Hi10 single boot need “Hi10 421602XXXXX” and up for install Android, more old revision not working => http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=1627&pid=5990&fromuid=1039

But theses tablets need a flasher => http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1630-1-1.html

Anyway, maybe i have a way about boot their Android release, i’ve successfully booted it with Grub Bootloader, with chainloader in grub.cfg.

Maybe people can try to install the pack of this topic without flash the bios (it flash gpt.bin for partition table, install system.img of android, etc…), then add grub-efi with correct grub.cfg with it for boot Android/Windows/Linux…, and configure news entries can be booted inside the UEFI firmware ?

Tikilou
    Participant

There is grub-efi configured to boot android without use the Dual swith of dualOS bios screen select => http://vavar60.online.fr/share/tablet/chuwi_hi10/grub-efi_boot-android-windows.7z

severall
    Participant

I flashed Android OS without updating BIOS. It looks like i have a bootloop now. How can i use this grub efi to boot Android OS?

Tikilou
    Participant

Put them files on /EFI/boot/ on a USB key formated in FAT32, and boot on the USB Key ! 🙂
    Whith that, try booting androidOS ! 🙂

For install that on your tablet, with an system files manager (On liveUSB linux or other system), put it on ANDROIDIA EFI partition already formated in FAT, on /EFI/boot/ , and on windows, try the software EasyUEFI for manage boot sequence of your UEFI Firmware.

severall
    Participant

I did that but not working. I mean grubs starting but Android OS not 🙂

I showed it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6sp9VZHAJA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar